Code of Conduct

Default Lovers of citrus top fragrances....is there such a thing as a citrus fragance.....

that has some longevity to it? For YEARS I have worn Chanel for Men (the pre-reformulated version) and LOVE that fragrance!!!!! The citrus blast @ opening paired with the cardamom heart and oakmoss drydown are unsurpassed by ANYTHING I have yet to try.....But sadly, J. Polge reformulated Chanel for Men into Pour Monsieur and substituted vetiver in the base for the moss and I simply HATE it now!!!! I continue to buy Chanel for Men online but you never know how well it has been stored and a bottle or two that I have purchased in the past, have been somewhat rancid....So I have begun looking for a substitute or successor that could fill the shoes as the supply will dry up eventually....Thankfully my search led me to New York by Parfums Nicolai which I absolutely LOVE as well....but not quite the same...New York is more for lack of a better word voluptuous and rich....and more of an evening fragrance. I tried Eau Savage today...but like Roudnitska's Hermes fragrance the longevity is sadly lacking....and Eau Savage is a drier citrus with some animalic hints...while the Chanel has more elegance and refinement.....so.....any suggestions would be appreciated....what about Guerlain's Mouchoir de Monsieur?
    Last edited by TWB; 13th May 2011 at 05:57 AM.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Lovers of citrus top fragrances....is there such a thing as a citrus fragance.....

What do you think of Armani's eau pour homme?
    Very dry type of lemon, to me.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Dependent

Default Re: Lovers of citrus top fragrances....is there such a thing as a citrus fragance.....

Creed's Zeste Mandarine Pamplemousse, I was positively surprise with this one. It doesn't have the animalic raunchiness of the older classics. It does have the metallic brininess to it, I figure it must be the ambergris. One of the longer lasting ones...

Aigues-Vives by Galimard

Whenever I want great, classy citrus sillage, and great citrus longevity, I blast my clothing with ridiculous amounts of Concentree D'Orange Verte.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DULLAH View Post
    ....Concentree D'Orange Verte.
    This.

Another pleasant surprise is the long-lasting Eau Dynamisante by Clarins. This might get more use from me than Eau Sauvage, which, spray for spray, doesn't last as long, as well as being cleaner and rich in patchouli.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

YSL Pour Homme - Long laster and lemon throughout the whole development.

Blog Entries

Yes, there are some citrus fragrances that last a good while.

Any of the Cologne Absolutes by Atelier Cologne (e.g. Orange Sanguine) have amazing longevity.
    Monsieur Balmain is straight-up bright, sunny lemons for hours on end.
    I'll add another recommendation to Concentré D'Orange Verte. +1.
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme lasts a good while on me.
    I'll also add +1 to YSL Pour Homme.
    Eau de Guerlain has the best longevity of any classic Eaux I've tried.
    Trophée Lancôme has f*cking nuclear longevity and sillage for a green citrus fragrance.
    Eau Sauvage by Dior has decent longevity on me.
    Monsieur de Givenchy (current edition) also has good longevity on me.
    Central Park by Bond No. 9 - incredibly refreshing citrus that lasts a good while
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

+1 for YSL pour Homme - the Haute Concentration is great.

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

+1 on Eau de Rochas Homme. Excellent stuff. I'm not sure if it's been reformulated but it shouldn't be too difficult to find older versions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    +1 on Eau de Rochas Homme. Excellent stuff. I'm not sure if it's been reformulated but it shouldn't be too difficult to find older versions.
    I have both the vintage and reformulated versions. They smell identical, so no worries there.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Eau de New York
    Tangerine Verte

Not tried anything else that still smells like real oranges, and last as long as these 2

DeepSilence

I wanted to suggest you Boucheron Pour Homme, it's a bit dry too. but it's worth to try IMO.
    I think Armani Eau Pour Homme could be a good choice.

Blog Entries

Just thought of a spot in Details mag, with a Jonas bro on the cover. It mentioned new recent releases for the season.

I'll get back to you on that if you don't find it sooner, they mention an interesting citrus or two in there.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Quote Originally Posted by Grottola View Post
    Yes, there are some citrus fragrances that last a good while.

Any of the Cologne Absolutes by Atelier Cologne (e.g. Orange Sanguine) have amazing longevity.
    Monsieur Balmain is straight-up bright, sunny lemons for hours on end.
    I'll add another recommendation to Concentré D'Orange Verte. +1.
    Eau de Rochas Pour Homme lasts a good while on me.
    I'll also add +1 to YSL Pour Homme.
    Eau de Guerlain has the best longevity of any classic Eaux I've tried.
    Trophée Lancôme has f*cking nuclear longevity and sillage for a green citrus fragrance.
    Eau Sauvage by Dior has decent longevity on me.
    Monsieur de Givenchy (current edition) also has good longevity on me.
    Central Park by Bond No. 9 - incredibly refreshing citrus that lasts a good while
    I second Monsieur Balmain.