Code of Conduct

Default Chanel Allure: Do I need Edition blanche when I already own Sport?

Hi all,

working on my buy list and was wondering if I 2need" Edition blanche when I already own Sport. I think I remember the smell from a sampler and the drydowns seem to very much alike.

Default Re: Chanel Allure: Do I need Edition blanche when I already own Sport?

Of course you do! It's creamy lemony goodness.
    "Christian Dior / You wasted your life
    On aroma and clothes / Fabric and dyes." Christian Dior - Morrissey

Yes.

Edition Blanche is ok, but the original Homme is the best of all.
    -

Do you like ginger? I mean REALLY like ginger? Edition Blanche put me in a ginger headlock and wouldn't let go until I tapped out.

You don't need anything. It's what you want. Sample it again and decide for yourself

Quote Originally Posted by zztopp View Post
    Edition Blanche is ok, but the original Homme is the best of all.
    +1 on that. Get the original!

Okay, got edition blanche.

Sur la Plage

No.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    Cool! Enjoy: it's a great fresh lemon summer scent with a lovely drydown.

I wanted to get one of the allures. WHich one is the most feminine/unisex?

Short answer: no.

Long answer: nope.

OP, which one did you like better?

Blanche is better than Sport, but dont project that much

Good choice. It's worth owning just for the opening if nothing else.

Have you smelled Allure Sport Cologne (not edt)? Edition Blanche has a very pleasant natural lemon for the citrus on the top, just like Allure Home Sport Cologne (not AHS edt) however in the heart it has strong pepper note and a earthy plant vibe to it, which I personally am not a fan of. In comparison to AHS EDT, it projects less and doesn't last as long. Two different fragrances IMO

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Yes ... The Édition Blanche is the best Allure Homme.
    It's miles ahead of the Sport version. IMHO, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post

Hahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by sillypants View Post

lol he nailed it...

No. You need Egoiste.

I think you don't need EB when you already own Sport, unless you love them both.

But both scents are different enough to justify getting one and not the other in case you're worried they may seem similar, but they really are not. Of the two, i personally prefer EB to Sport, which i find a tad pedestrian.

It all comes down to what you like the best and your own decision will be the best one.

Hi all,

working on my buy list and was wondering if I 2need" Edition blanche when I already own Sport. I think I remember the smell from a sampler and the drydowns seem to very much alike.
    Yes, they are different enough. AHS is more versatile IMO but Edition Blanche is better with sillage/longevity and is more classy.
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

While I think both are nice, I don't see owning either in the near future. They are certainly different enough that own both wouldn't be redundant

they do have many similarities but my opinion on those 2 is that they are different enough to have both. i prefer Versace PH over AHS but Edition Blanche is at my hotlist. i definitely love the scent but i'm not sure if i'd like to smell like that.
    Seasonal favorites :

Winter : The Dreamer & Burberry London & La Nuit de L'Homme
    Spring-Autumn : Aqua Fahrenheit & Bvlgari Pour Homme
    Summer : Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Aqva & Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    All-Rounders : Terre D'Hermes & Bleu de Chanel

Indispensible : The Dreamer & Bvlgari Extreme & Bvlgari Pour Homme & Bvlgari Aqva

Blanche is better than Sport Edition.

You cant beat the lemon opening of Edition Blanche. I have all three in my wardrobe and each play an equal part in my rotation. I would say that Allure Homme, Sport and Edition Blanche are a must have in any cologne wardrobe.

Yes, you do.

I thought edition blanche was way way better than sport.
    if i had sport, i'd definitely get edition blanche as well

I think Edition Blanche is different enough from Allure and the rest of the flankers to purchase - go for it!

AEB is quite different from AS and its creamy lemon is good, not outstanding, a very good longevity, however its sillage is close to zero, so I can only say that I regret the money I spent on it.

I find it the best of the Allures. Owning Sport is not a reason to forget about Edition Blanche. It (Edition B) has better longevity, projection and smell. The Sport and the classic Allure Homme are not good enough for me. Sport is the most generic Allure, btw.
    Definitly buy it if you like it.