Code of Conduct

Default for my friend's 30th birthday, need some suggestions..

I'd like to get him one or two fragrances for his 30th birthday. Need other suggestions just in case.

profile: accountant who likes, women, clubbing (maybe too much lol), going out to the movies, fashion ..

Currently wearing Armani Code. Not really into fragrances, he thinks I'm crazy but would love to wear something others don't (that's what I'm here for, you bastard friend of mine lol).

He did find La nuit de l'homme parfum by Yves Saint Laurent nice and interesting,
    also Dior Homme Intense (his reaction was wooow women might want to eat a man wearing this lol).

I was considering getting him maybe La nuit or Dior homme intense for his night activities.
    Also I think Green Irish Tweed might fit him for day time at work.
    Oh and he did like Frapin L'humaniste and got complimented by a female friend when I gave him a sample.
    He's more into lighter fresh citrusy (safer) scents I think (I don't think musc ravageur would fit) but I might also get him a gourmand or something stronger since he likes night life and clubbing so much lol
    I was also thinking Aventus maybe, but it's quite expensive.. Hope I won't be there for his 40th birthday ahaha

Also for the record, APOM pour homme seems to get ladies attention, I tested it a few times from samples and that's the impression I got. But bought it for another friend's birthday again (you bastards lol) and he confirmed it too.

You guys have any other suggestions, day/night frangrances that might fit for normal people? lol

Thanks.

edit: I was also thinking maybe Bvlgari Aqva. Acqua Di Gio is nice but it's a no go
    Last edited by l'improviste; 15th May 2011 at 09:53 AM.

Default Re: for my friend's 30th birthday, need some suggestions..

Quote Originally Posted by l'improviste View Post
    ... He did find La nuit de l'homme parfum by Yves Saint Laurent nice and interesting,
    also Dior Homme Intense (his reaction was wooow women might want to eat a man wearing this lol).

Oh and he did like Frapin L'humaniste and got complimented by a female friend when I gave him a sample.
    There are your choices...

Interesting! He wears Armani Code. That is in my wardrobe, too. I just received a decant for Dior homme intense. I liked it, but decided not to buy it because it's so much like Code to me!

You are a really awesome friend!

good luck with your purchases.
    Last edited by lionheart; 15th May 2011 at 01:31 PM.

What about some safe for daily wear, and some impressive for night out?

daily:
    Egoiste
    Allure Blanche

Night out:
    Dior Homme Intense(as mentioned)
    Fleur du Male

Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    There are your choices...
    As volley said.
    You cant really go wrong there, you know he likes them.

I don't think Code smells like Dior Homme Intense at all. In fact, I would recommend Dior Homme Intense on the basis that it is so different than Armani Code but still a lady killer.

My recommendation is Dior Homme Original. I've always liked it more than the Intense. It is more floral and therefore more unique than most other masculine fragrances. I think the "Intense" label gives people the idea that it's just a more intense version of the original, but they're actually pretty close in terms of intensity IMO.

Green Irish Tweed would by my second recommendation. Armani Code is a great nighttime fragrance. He could use a daytime fragrance to go with it, and I can't think of a better casual daytime fragrance than GIT.

Quote Originally Posted by l'improviste View Post
    Also for the record, APOM pour homme seems to get ladies attention, I tested it ... he confirmed it too.
    You guys have any other suggestions ...
    Yes. APOM no no, weired concoction: first interesting, then infamous boring 'fresh' plus creamy balsam, two parts apart. Clubbing, does it need a 'powerhouse'? Best You preselect some and the gift is to sample it all with You together? Buy samples so he could 'wear' his new olfactory aura in advance for test.

Citrus: Etat Libre d'Orange - Je Suis Un Homme, quite different but classic, despite being pretty contemporary, manly, invigorating

Clubbing and all: ELdO - Tom Of Finland, reminds him of condom, soap, saffron/tobacco, ever so slightly sweet, nice drydown the day after

Thanks guys,

I do like the Dior Homme but he didn't show any impression while sniffing it from the piece of paper, it might smell a bit feminine for his taste
    I don't think he will like Egoste but this I might get for me
    Forgot how burberry london smells like but I think it was nice indeed.
    Etat libre d'orange, I never smelt their line but if Tom of Finland smells like condonm? lol I need to check this one out for fun

He's not really into sampling scents; I might have scared him to death lol And I don't think he will come sample with me again ahah
    Some guys don't care about it, and I can respect that but still they want to smell kinda exclusive and good. And yes I'm the only guy around into scents more or less, so I'll help him out.

I have a few days before making my decision, at the moment yeah I think maybe Dior Homme Intense (cause he also worked for the house) and GIT for the day (but have to remember to tell him it's george clooney/brad pitt or even michael jordan favourite scent ahah, that will maybe close the deal LOL)

You could either get him a safe crowdpleaser (i.e. Allure Homme Sport, Bleu de Chanel, Versace Man Eau Fraiche, Platinum Egoiste, etc), or something more unique that not many people will be wearing, like L'Essence de Declaration, Dior Homme, or Kenzo Power Cologne. I would go the latter route, granted it is a little riskier.

I might suggest Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense, which is somewhere in the middle of those two options. Nice bottle, smells good, and as someone who is into fashion he will likely appreciate that it is from Prada. And I believe it is a limited edition (not sure, could be wrong).

Good luck, and let us know what you decide.

another bottle of Armani Code
    adversity introduces a man to himself -anonymous