Code of Conduct

Default Clive Christian ...

X, 1872 , #1 , anyone have any experience and input for the above mentioned ?

Would be neat if a few of us would get in on a decant experience.

Cold , nasty day here in NiagaraFalls. Out in the back with the dogs , cutting wood , wearing Musc Ravageur and sipping on good strong black coffee .

Does it get any better than this ? Oh, and chatting with a bunch of great BN'rs !

Regards,

John

Default Re: Clive Christian ...

Yes, I have tried the Clive Christian sampler pack which is about 10ml of each scent. My Nieman Marcus has a very aggressive CC rep who I have known for years from other frag counters. She nearly tackles me every time I go in there.

Number One is an over the top masculine floral kind of thing. It DOES smell expensive. It's nice, it's masculine, but I don't need to smell that way enough to pay the super outrageous price. In personality it reminds me a bit of Amouage Gold. I ain't that rich and don't need to smell that rich. Kind of leans formal. I wouldn't say you need a tux, but it would sure seem odd with jeans or khakis for sure. I know some here wear anything with anything, but this kind of calls for sartorial support imo. And a Bentley.

X for Men I liked enough to re-buy- after debating it for two years. It's very warm and sensual; very. Heavy load of cinnamon when it drys down. Gets attention. Outrageous price too, but after two years of knowing I wanted it, I finally treated myself. (Trying to find other scents that smelled like X was the reason I became a Basenoter- though I didn't post any "what smells like X for Men" threads...just poked around a lot).

1872 I just don't like. My nose couldn't wrap around anything. Others may like it a lot. I didn't hate it...just wasn't taken with anything about it. I guess it's kind of their gourmand?

FYI johnjohn, I think they tend to frown on soliciting splits in this part of the forum.

I admit its been a while since I've smelled them and want to revisit. My impression years ago was that the brand was not bottle worthy for the price. I need to reevaluate but thats where I stand for now.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Have bottles of all three and love all three especially No1.

I like C. The rest I wouldn’t pay for at the price point.

I just bought the small 30ml bottle of 1872. Really nice long lasting summer frag.

X For Men is good (just good), No.1 and 1872 no. Overall none of them worth the price!
    Last edited by alfarom; 16th May 2011 at 02:27 AM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

All three are wonderful scents, but for the price? There are other scents just as good but much cheaper.

If you have the spare cash, then buy away.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Sur la Plage

Don't waste your money. Medicore fragrances at exorbitant prices IMO.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Agreed. This "emperor" has no clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    Thank you, JC. I was trying to make a more diplomatic response!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.