Code of Conduct

Question Demeter Fragrance Library

Hey guys,

Not heard too much about these fragrances, but just checked out their website.
    They have loads of random fragrances from apple pie to Scottish shortbread, lobster to earthworms.

So has anyone tried their fragrances? If so then are they any good? There certainly are some strange ones and interesting ones haha

If you haven't heard of them then google Demeter Fragrance Library and check them out, there's some strange and wacky scents on their website haha

Default Re: Demeter Fragrance Library

yeah they are good, i had thunderstorm but i never wore it so a friend has it now. i also had leather and dirt and grass and snow. it was very unusual. The demeter frags are good fr layering if a fragrance is just lacking something, maybe demeter can add to it. i wish they did cherry

I think their most popular is Dirt. I have a sample of it but haven't test it yet. With so many choices in their library, it's almost overwhelming. I might not venture into it that much after this one because I'm guessing their fragrances are pretty much self-explanatory.

Their variety is quite overwhelming, but there are a few odd ones in there that are very unusual

Pawful, what was the snow one like? How have they managed to get that one to even smell of anything? Snows just water and water doesn't exactly have any fragrance haha

Dirt is the only one I am familiar with. I've owned and enjoyed it.

I've not tried them. They cover a wide range of very specific scents that some people crave. But they are by all accounts notoriously short lived. If you want to smell like a lemon or dirt for an hour or so, they've got you covered.

Stylin, they've got tons at Larchmont Beauty in the village.

I've tried quite a few. Thunderstorm and Dirt are similar. Snow was Christopher Brosius' toughest project. It smells like...snow, but it doesn't exactly because you aren't surrounded by freezing air. Waffles is amazing, you can smell the butter and syrup, but it just makes you hungry. Laundromat smells like...you guessed it. I owned the Sandalwood, which actually a good representation of the real thing but since I've tried so many great "real" ones I could tell the difference.

They're interesting but not terribly wearable. Very short lived on the skin as well.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    They're interesting but not terribly wearable. Very short lived on the skin as well.
    I'm glad they're out there doing what they do for those people fixated on smelling like a hot fudge sunday or a banana or road kill...but I have enough longevity issues as it is.

Blog Entries

I got Sawdust and I swear, it smells sorta like coconut!

sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

I've got Dirt - it smells like rain on soil. Because they're not 'composed' in the traditional way with a traditional structure they can seem a bit empty and incomplete - and this is partly the reason they have very poor longevity.

Alright someone tell me...with great honesty

Who will wear this?

Blog Entries

A lonely gardener.
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Firefly lasts a really long time and is pretty strong. It reminds me of rain on hot pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    Alright someone tell me...with great honesty

Who will wear this?

The Earthworm was made especially for Bill Dance !
    "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

I had Laundromat. Loved it as a simple fresh scent and so did my coworkers. I wondered how it happened that it went empty so soon and they admitted to spreaying it liberally at the end of the day when they had to be fresh for another one thing or another.

They are fun smells and cheap, I consider it a good way to get to smell some non mainstream scents and see if you like certain notes or not at all. If they are long lived just decant them and carry them with you.
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

I have:

Wet Garden - smells exactly like, yeah well, a wet garden. Flowers, wet dirt and all.
    Tomato - good, but not that good.
    Almond - heavy almond, sweet sweet sweet ... I like it.

I've had Cucumber, which also smelled exactly like cucumber. It was nice.

On a site note: the beautiful RuPaul is a big fan of Carrot.

---deleted post----
    Last edited by Marshmellow; 16th May 2011 at 02:10 PM.

I'm searching fragrancenet.com for Demeter fragrances. They have quite a number of 4oz bottle sizes.

I stumbled across
    New Zealand
    Fuzzy Naval
    Thunderstorm
    Rain
    Sex on the beach
    Fruit Salad

.....this is by far the most amusing fragrance house I've come across! Well done Demeter!

Years ago I bought my mother in law Gin & Tonic. She laughed her socks off.

NyallW - oh i just remembered it was rain, not snow. Rain was kind of like thunderstorm, it smelled like plants and wet dirt and freshness. Good question about snow, i can't think what it would smell like

re longevity - I got long lingering drydown on thunderstorm, and it stayed on my clothes for days. Arguably not a good thing when it smells like a wet forest. It was in winter, it was raining all the time and it made me so depressed! I'd probably have liked it more in summer

I've bought quite a few of these blind in the really small bottles. It was a fun experiment, but the only two I actually wore more than once were Christmas Tree and Pipe Tobacco, and there are much better pine and tobacco fragrances out there. Most of this line is attempting to recreate fragrances I just don't want to smell like. For instance, Earthworm smells very much like potting soil. I can see how someone might have a pleasant memory triggered from it, but really, how many people want to smell like potting soil? Longevity varies quite a bit. Laundromat lasted forever on me, but I'm not sure that was a good thing.

Dirt is their best...it smells like cool, moist, earthy dirt. Surprisingly wearable as well.
    -

I bought a sample of Grass after reading the "cut grass smells" thread. It's ok but the novelty (as well as the scent) wears off rather quickly.