Code of Conduct

Default What to add next to collection?

Hi there everyone I am trying to build up a collection wondering about what to add to my collection next I only have two fragrances in my collection so far,and would like some tips on what to sample next..

The two colognes I have are Bleu de Chanel and Mandorlo di Siclia by Acqua di Parma....I prefer the first one due to the great citrus scent that smells pretty unique to me together with the strong background scent of incense I
    believe.

The Mandorlo one I think is pretty good although seems too sweet now I have had it a few days and it smelt different from when I first sampled it in Liberites which is a store in London my main complaint is that it smells far more vanilla then almond the almonds vanish pretty quickly after initial application...I was looking for a more almond like scent.

I am not looking for anything to common like Le male or L'eau d'issey pour homme although I do love the scent of d'issey I also like terre'd hermes and have tried Prada amber pour homme which I felt was nice.

Scents I have tried that I don't like would include A*men and Ck encouter and One million which smelt like 10 pence bubble gum you used to be able to get out of the machines..I kinda did like ck one but it smells a bit floral on me but I did like the smell of it in the bottle although it is a bit weak..

I was thinking of maybe Polo Black or Blue or perhaps Divine Sage l'homme,any tips would be helpful thanks!
    Oh yeah just remembered I smelt gucci guilty for women once and there was a distinctive note in the opening which I liked but don't know what it was so together with bleu's citrus and that and almonds and whatever is in dissey theses are the kind of notes I like.
    Last edited by perfumeparadise; 10th January 2013 at 03:23 AM. Reason: just remembered

Default Re: What to add next to collection?

Perhaps Burberry London

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Burberry London
    This.

Basenotes Plus

If you like Chanel, you might as well try the Allure line. I think you'll like Allure Homme Sport. I would have picked that over Bleu de Chanel if it was summertime, but I felt like BdC was more appropriate for this time of year.

I knew this was coming :-D

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Perhaps Burberry London

I recommend both the Burberry and the Bulgari lines. Both have a wide range of variety to choose from.

Might just get a few samples on Saturday see how it goes theres a shop in London called les senteur http://shop.lessenteurs.com/

Les Senteurs doesnt carry designer lines like burberry, but has a great line in niche houses.