Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Do you keep your boxes?

Hey!

I keep my colognes in a drawer, inside the box..but I find it annoying to have to open one every time..most the time I'm rushing out of my house to work. I also feel it takes away from the bottle designs... I was wondering how many of you keep your original box?

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Do you keep your boxes?

I keep the boxes in case I ever want to sell or give away the bottle-- people like getting the box. But I don't store the bottles in their boxes.

Since you already have them in the drawer, they are out of the light. There is no further gain from keeping them in the boxes.

I keep the boxes for the same reason as above (in case I need to make a sale), but also for display purposes. I don't store the bottles in the box, but I often arrange the box behind the matching bottle on the shelf I keep them all on. I just like the way it looks I guess.

I keep everything in original boxes as added protection (temperature and light) for the juice. Keeping the box in good shape is good in the event of sale, swap or gifting. Recently I have started to keep the cellophane (just open the top of the cellophane). This protects the box a bit more. I have also become more aware of some impressive box designs, like the previous version of the Dreamer, which features a beveled edge and silvery top flap. Drawbacks: inconvenience and you can't display the bottles.

I keep boxes in old suitcases and display the bottles on shelving in my (dark and cool) closet. I too, have also taken to keeping the cellophane... maybe just getting obsessive.

I must admit that I don't, as a rule, keep the boxes. However, my Encre Noire came in a wide-ish box, so I kept that to keep all my decants in. Now you all have me thinking about how I keep my bottles displayed in the open. They're not near a window, but they're beautifully displayed on a three-tiered glass/chrome unit.

The wall type cabinet I keep my fragrances in is deep enough for me to display the boxes just behind the bottle. I find this display method to be appealing and a bit of a pleasant surprise when someone else views my collection.
    - Expect the unexpected

Throw away the boxes immediately upon opening them.

I keep a couple of little bottles of parfum inside their boxes, but otherwise the boxes go right away. It might be nice to have the boxes to sell them, but that means storing the boxes. I keep my perfumes in a cloth box, so I can recognize the tops of the bottles when I open the lid, and reach them quickly and easily.

I have boxes for a few minis as well as I find it hard to find the right mini looking at them top down. Clearly I have too many to remember them all, and I might get around to cleaning house one day. I wear perfumes that aren't stored in their boxes more often.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Every single one, opened fully and flattened out. Stacked and stored in gallon ZIP-LOCK baggies.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Yes I keep the boxes in a container in my cabinet.

I keep my boxes, too.

Discarded immediately.

I keep the bottle in the box.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    Me too

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I also keep bottles in their boxes. Though I have to say, briefly running my fingers over the bottle in admiration every morning, before spraying and then replacing it, represents the best part of my day.

Well, that, and every time I pass in front of a mirror.

I have started keeping my bottles in their boxes, to keep them out of the light etc...
    LOST! in scent and music

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Rudi View Post
    Thanks Dr_Rudi! I joined the group.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Yes, I even keep the cello wrap on and open the boxes only from the top.
    I consider the whole package and the presentation as an art (some better than others) and just don't feel whole if the box is missing.

I always keep the boxes.

I find my boxes useful for storing and stacking the frags. And also while I know it's all about the juice, I do appreciate the packaging, which to me the box is as important as the bottle as part of the experience of using the frag. I rarely even buy bottles off hte B&S if they don't have their boxes.

Sur la Plage

Absolutely yes.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    Every single one, opened fully and flattened out. Stacked and stored in gallon ZIP-LOCK baggies.
    Love this idea.

I also keep mine, but store them separately than my bottles. Some of the boxes are quite nice and worthy of display.

I only have a few FBs so far, but mostly what I've been doing is decanting about 10ml into a spray atomizer which lives in a lipstick divider-storage-tray in the bathroom cabinet, and then the bottle, inside its box, goes into a dark cool drawer. Other (less expensive) FBs live in the bathroom cabinet in the guest bathroom, and their boxes live in a storage box in my office. The reason I'm keeping the boxes is in case I decide to sell or swap the bottles, or in case I decide to pack them all up in a larger box, e.g. for moving, that way I can stack them. I'm sure I will evolve this system as I get more FBs and as I get more confidence with my wardrobe to decide what I want to keep and how many bottles I want as a whole.

I keep the boxes but dont store them in their boxes. Its good to have them if you wish to sell a fragrance.

I store my bottles in the top of my wardrobe, and the boxes in 2 drawers at the bottom of the wardrobe.

I store mine in their boxes in a drawer. I feel it provides a little extra protection against light, heat and the possibility of my clumsily clinking glass bottles together due to early morning inattentiveness.

If the bottle came in a box I keep it in there. I don't have drawers to keep them in, so the box helps protect the bottle from light. I usually like the boxes just as well as the bottles anyway.

Hell yes! I would feel that the storage of my fragrances were incomplete without the original boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaconneur View Post
    The wall type cabinet I keep my fragrances in is deep enough for me to display the boxes just behind the bottle. I find this display method to be appealing and a bit of a pleasant surprise when someone else views my collection.
    This would be ideal....I just use a nightstand drawer for everything now to keep it in a cool, dark place. There's really not enough room for all the boxes, so most of them have been tossed. I do like getting a box if I buy something though, so I've kept a couple that I may decant and sell the remaining juice in the original bottle with box.

Quote Originally Posted by rompip View Post
    Me too!
    For the frags that I apply less commonly...

I always keep the box, keeps the fragrance away from light and also keeps them cool.
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Yes. Might start keeping my bottles in them after reading this.

I never kept the boxes when I first started but now am regretting it.

Blog Entries

I keep some of the boxes in the closet, in case I want to sell or trade my fragrances.

U store my frags in their boxes to help protect from light. It also makes them easier to sell if you want to...
    like everyone else said

Basenotes Plus

I keep all my boxes, just in case I decide to sell or one day may want to move. All my fragrances are kept in a Wine Cooler.

I should 've kept the boxes.

Yes, always best to keep the box (and cap) in case you ever want to sell the fragrance.

I have kept a few, but most of them I throw away.

I used to keep them, flattened when possible, in, as mentioned earlier, large Zip-Locs. I recently got rid of the vast majority, started tossing new boxes immediately, and I only keep a couple of tippy parfums in their original little nests to keep them from tipping. (Oh, and I keep vintage boxes; so far I only have one.)

I care about the bottle. I don't care much about the box. I realized that I'm unlikely to ever sell any perfumes--I mostly give away the occasional mistake, and if someone doesn't want free perfume for lack of a box, well, that's life.

Oh, and the boxes did come in handy last time I moved, but next time (if there is a next time--I never want to leave the house I'm in)--I'll just use a carload of bubble wrap.

Also, make sure you keep the cap ! because a fragrance without a cap is the easiest way for it to go off or 'expire'
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I just started keeping the boxes in case I ever want to sell or give away the bottle because people like getting the box. But I don't store the bottles in their boxes.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

I keep the boxes if I have them (a couple of my fragrances were purchased lightly used or as a tester and did not come with a box). Even though I already store the fragrances away from the light, I like to keep the bottles in them anyway as added protection; the boxes also stop the bottles from clinking against each other, accidentally tipping over, etc. The idea of having them to sell with the bottle if necessary is another thing to consider, though I don't anticipate doing that with any that I currently own.

I too keep perfume bottles in their original boxes, if they have boxes, and then store them in more boxes in my dark, cool wardrobe. (The additional storage boxes help with unearthing batches of perfumes from the wardrobe.)

I know of a guy who hangs his boxes on the wall in a type of collage type thing. He uses a tack (i think) inside the box poking it through the back of the box into the wall, and just adds another new box when he gets it. Looks cool. I always thought it was a creative idea!

CologneFan85

Only if i plan to swap or sell it

Banned
    Blog Entries

no. they take up space.

and i usually buy testers anyway.

i dont see the point of having some boxes and some not-boxes.

I've never thought about it, but yes, I do keep the boxes. Lol.

I keep the boxes in case I ever want to sell or give away the bottle. But I don't store the bottles in their boxes.

Glad I keep the caps!

Yep, I keep all my bottles in their boxes. I'm never in a rush, and to me opening the box, extracting the bottle, savoring the application, then carefully putting the bottle back in the box, is all part of a relaxing ritual.
    Alan

Been keeping them for the extra protection, but seeing as they are kept in a cupboard I've been thinking about ditching the boxes to give me more storage space.

I rarely keep boxes. I am not a collector. I just so happen to have a ton of fragrances, some of which were given to me by a good friend that works in the industry that don't come in boxes anyway, mainly Creed, MFK, Tom Ford etc. High end frags people wouldn't want to have without a box and receipt even. I couldn't care less!

Having said that, I have kept some boxes. Mainly because I thought they were nice for some reason...ha.

I keep the boxes in a separate drawer, incase I decide to sell something.

Nope. I have enough trouble finding room for the bottles! And i'm not a seller.

I keep the boxes for resale considerations.

I keep boxes for two reasons:

1) it was a blind buy and I may sell the remainder

2)There is something about the package that is notable enough that I want to keep it as a reference. I have kept packages for color reference mostly. This is rare but it I have done it on a few occasions.

But most often the box goes in the recycle bin.