Code of Conduct

Default Female Fragrances Recommendations

Hello Basenoters!
    First of all, I'd like to congratulate you all for making this forum the biggest in its niche. Really helpful for anyone who needs to buy fragrances and needs help about them!

Ok, so let's get straight to the point.
    I live in a hot country, and constantly humid ( It's a beach city ). Recently, I have introduced my girlfriend in the world of "professional" fragrances, with Kenzo Amour ( after trying like seventy fragrances ), and she really loved it. I know Kenzo Amour is not the perfect scent for my country weather, but there still are places with air conditioners, so...

Now, starting from the Kenzo Amour reference, I'd like some recommendations for:

1 - Daywear hot climate
    2 - Nightwear hot climate ( Thought about Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche )
    3 - Office ( With air conditioner! haha )
    4 - Formal ( something strong, like Dior Intense for men. )
    5 - Clubbing ( Something different, like Pure Malt works for a men fragrance )

Another reference would be Vanilla Lace by Victoria's Secret. She really likes Vanilla!
    If possible, I'd like to read about non-popular fragrances ( not necessarily expensive ). For example: Angel, 212 sexy, CK Euphoria, Armani Code, Armani Mania, Lady Million and, well, I think you got it!

What's your opinion about Coco Chanel? I know it's popular but it's still amazing. Which "number" this fragrance suits well?

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the huge text!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Female Fragrances Recommendations

Hi Caicara & welcome to basenotes! l only just saw your thread as l've been away on holiday; l'm not sure why you've not had any replies yet. l'll have a think about some recs for you later, but l'm just on my way out now. Meanwhile, have a look in the fragrance directory for reviews of the fragrances you mentioned, perhaps that might help?
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Institution

Welcome Caicara !

Are you looking for scent for yourself or your girlfriend ? I think I'm a little confused with my old age....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Thanks to both ladies! It is really good to interact with you two, you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area.

- teardrop, thanks for the advice, I've been using this forum to give me fragrances directions for a while. But I thought that specifying preferences ( in this case, Vanilla ), might help me even more with basenoter's opinions!
    I'm waiting for your recs!

- Mimi Gardenia, it's so nice to interact with someone who is so involved with fragrances! I've seen a lot of reviews from you Well, it's for her! And it doesn't have to do with your age, maybe I messed up with words...

I'm really curious about some fragrances after some research.

- Bal à Versailles by Jean Desprez
    - Un Bois Vanille by Serge Lutens
    - Burberry Brit ( EDT or EDP? I think that climate, in this case, is really influent. But I've heard so many bad things about the EDT )
    - Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune by Guerlain ( Seems great for summer! )
    - Nahéma by Guerlain
    - Shalimar by Guerlain

I've smelled those last two a few months ago, and they are really good! But more specific. I mean, can she use any of those two in work?

Thanks again, ladies!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caiçara View Post
    If possible, I'd like to read about non-popular fragrances ( not necessarily expensive ). For example: Angel, 212 sexy, CK Euphoria, Armani Code, Armani Mania, Lady Million and, well, I think you got it!
    Thanks Caicara; this was the part l was referring to, although l'm not sure about the "non-popular" description, do you mean unpopular on basenotes or among the general population?

l didn't spot the vanilla preference, however, so that might help us narrow things down a bit!

Of the list you give in post #4, l've only tried Shalimar; certainly a classic, rich & seductive vanilla! l personally wouldn't wear it for work, but l do wear Eau de Shalimar, a more work-friendly "lemon-custard" style vanilla, & it does get compliments.

l recently tried Dior Addict & thought it was a gorgeous, rich, spicy & long-lasting ambery vanilla, l recommend giving that one a try. Again though, l wouldn't call it work-friendly.

For a mouthwateringly sweet vanilla with burnt sugar, tonka & a touch of jasmine, l recommend Vanillary by Lush/Gorilla perfumes.

l would also say give La Maison de la Vanille's line a try; they do several different ones, some floral, some spicy, etc. You can get samples from Luckyscent.com.

Hope this helps, if l think of anything else l'll be back!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Unpopular among the general population! Those examples I gave refer to popular fragrances in my country, not about vanilla. I mean, not popular, because it is not part of the country's culture to use perfumes a lot, but those certainly are known.

Hm, I didn't know about Eau de Shalimar, I think it fits perfectly for work, specially with this "lemon-custard" style. I'm pretty interested!

I'm certainly giving Dior Addict a try. But in which situation would you recommend this fragrance?

But this Vanillary by Lush/Gorrila perfumes is really intriguing me. I must try it too!

Oh, I have an important question. What about those Angel variations? Angel Etoile Seduisante and the other...I don't remember haha

Thanks in advance...And teardrop, thanks again!

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes, Caicara!!!

A few good for summer fragrances are Dior Escale a Portofino, a bright citrus scent. Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Pamplelune, a nice grapefruit and lemon scent. Annick Goutal Eau d' Hadrien, a total lemon scent.

A nice moderately priced vanilla is Christiane Calypso Celle Vanille, a fairly light vanilla. Other great vanillas are Profumum Vanitas and Indult Tihota. One that would be perfect for hot weather would be Susanne Lang Vanilla Coconut.

Both Chance Eau Fraiche and Chance Eau Tendre, both by Chanel, would be great office scents.
    Last edited by Kiliwia; 24th May 2011 at 01:53 AM.
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Thanks Kiliwia!
    Right now I'm feeling small, talking to women with +1000 posts...Dealing with experts! haha That's really good.

I know Escale a Portofino, and it's impressive. I really like it. About Pamplelune, what interests me is the grapefruit, since this fruit is not sold here...Just in a few imported juices.

Susanne Lang Vanilla Coconut is surely one of my next tries. I know Indult Tihota, and it's great too.

Well...Eau Fraiche probably is going to be the next to enter her collection, but Eau Tendre is not good at all. Our opinion!

Thanks for the reply, Kiliwia