Code of Conduct

Default Do you consider Amouage Silver the worst Amouage men's fragrance?

I sampled all the Amouage Men's fragrance, and I have to say that Silver is the worst... It's better than most designer fragrance, but it's just too sharp and nothing about it that gets my attention. I don't mind wearing it, but I would not buy a full bottle. What are you thoughts on this fragrance?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Do you consider Amouage Silver the worst Amouage men's fragrance?

Here's another one I recently revisited. Silver strikes with an outstanding animalic/flowery/citrusy opening that immediately brings to mind of great masculine chypres from the past. Frankincense makes its appearance right away adding the classic Amouage fingerprint. I honestly don't get all the fuss about Silver as to me it's basically a not particularly distinctive citrus-chypre with a very moderate lasting power. You can have plenty of better options at less than half of its price if you're looking for a fragrance of the same family. On the other hand, If you really want to go the Amouage route, there're a lot of better compositions to choose from this house incredible offering (Dia, Gold, Honour, Memoir, Tribute, Homage, Jubilation, Epic and a couple from their Opus collection).
    Last edited by alfarom; 9th January 2012 at 12:41 PM.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

There used to be two fragrances, one named Silver Cologne and another named Silver Cristal. I am not familiar with the current version of Silver and do not know which of the older version is its analog.

Silver Cristal has been and remains one of my favorite Amouage fragrances, even taking into account the more recent offerings which have greatly expanded their line.

Don't care for it either.

My best analogy of Silver...hooking up with a very rich woman who dresses very nice but not all that attractive...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

I love silver. It is very wearable as an everyday IMO even in casual dress. It is lighter in strength and projection than most of the amouages and dries down quite quickly. Turin describes it as an alternative to Chanel pour mousieur and I agree - a classy, bright, chypre with some incense and cheerful florals. It can be a bit overwhelmingly happy at times so there are days when I just don't feel like it.
    Try it in the wearing on a day when you are feeling positive about the world. It invariably enhances those for me.
    Btw I'm describing silver cologne from the bottles prior to the current ones. I'm pretty sure the fragrance remains the same but perhaps somebody could confirm this?
    "Don’t try to be original. Be simple. Be good technically, and if there is something in you, it will come out. ” - Henri Matisse.

"Wear R de Capucci" - Hirch Duckfinder

reviews

Silver is one of the best Amouage EDP (actually, theres no average or less-than-average Amouage out there)
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

Silver is one of my favorites as well. You may be getting put off by the civet in it.

Silver is easy and lovely!!!

I've used Silver in the past and liked it. For me the last Amouage I liked was Jubilation and I've not liked any since. It's all personal choice

I still have a couple of samples. I recall liking it. Must try those samples again.

Quote Originally Posted by Futami View Post
    Silver is one of my favorites as well. You may be getting put off by the civet in it.
    If thats the case, then I must like civet a lot.
    AUSSIES, come join our SPLIT GROUP at http://groups.google.com.au/group/oz-scent-splits

"No Pain, No Gain"

For me the worst fragrances from Amouage are : 1.Gold
    2.Reflection Man
    3.Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    2.Reflection Man
    3.Silver
    I assume you don't like Lemale then? since you don't like Reflection Man.... Gold is nice, but too rich for me....feels like I'm a king when I wear it...
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    3. YSL M7
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    2.Reflection Man
    3.Silver
    I agree in that exact order.

I'd take Reflection over quite a few of the others because it's more versatile as a wearable fragrance. If I'm going to spend that much on a fragrance I'd definately like to wear it enough to justify the purchase. If I just wanted to smell it I could buy samples and leave them on my dresser.

The worst? No no.. IMO it`s one of the best! Great sillage, superb longevity. Smells very rich and luxurious with a hint of Arabic soul. This classical woody spicy scent is great for formal occasions with a stylish attire. You will be noticed (in a positive way). 2 sprays, and you`r ready for the day or evening. It`s my second Amouage Favourite after Dia.

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    The worst? No no.. IMO it`s one of the best! Great sillage, superb longevity. Smells very rich and luxurious with a hint of Arabic soul. This classical woody spicy scent is great for formal occasions with a stylish attire. You will be noticed (in a positive way). 2 sprays, and you`r ready for the day or evening....
    +1 agreed!

I'm with Jack, Gold and Reflection Man are the worst.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    The worst? No no.. IMO it`s one of the best! Great sillage, superb longevity. Smells very rich and luxurious with a hint of Arabic soul...
    +2 agreed!

Gold is still my favourite though.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    My best analogy of Silver...hooking up with a very rich woman who dresses very nice but not all that attractive...
    Spot on!

Sound Scents

Not I. I consider it about middle of the pack, and I like it. My personal vote for "worst" is Memoir Man. I don't know if it is a skin reaction or not, but it turns to burnt rubber on my skin... Not good.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

double post, sorry
    Last edited by Futami; 9th January 2012 at 07:39 PM.

no way. Silver is a very classy, opulent, austere, mature, yet fresh EDP. I'd wear it often if I was 45+

Cirrus is easily the worst of the Amouage line. It's a plastic, synthetic aquatic with no natural notes I can detect. No smooth synthetics either. Just "Mountain Fresh Windex", for $270 a bottle. Strange that Cirrus is so poor, as Amouage have shown themselves to be able to make very good aquatics (Ciel, Arcus)

From the Men line of Amouage I've tried Silver, Reflection, Memoir and Lyric. Out of the 4, Silver is definitely the worst and most boring

I find it a bit boring, but the one I really, really can't stand is Gold. It somehow reminds me of old ladies' diapers...