Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The Mimi Gardenia Appreciation Thread

Mimi, as you approach 10,000 posts, I want to say I am a big fan of yours. You go, girl! I have learned so much about perfumes, and have been the recipient of your kind generosity!

Step up to the lectern to a huge applause. Grab your statuette of honour, bow and make your speech!!

Hugs and more hugs,

Primrose
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Mimi Gardenia Appreciation Thread

TOTALLY! Mimi is the true spirit of Basenotes. It's no wonder that everybody here goes into Mimi withdrawal when she's not able to post!

Three cheers with a chilled mug of Mitsouko for our dear Mimi Gardenia!

I am fairly new to BN--less than a year. And Mimi was one the first people to say "hello" and answer my newbie questions. She helped me feel right at home and made great fragrance suggestions for me. Now, when I want to know if I might like something, I take a look at Mimi's reviews. If she likes it, I probably will too.

Thanks for your warm and welcoming heart, Mimi! You are part of what makes Basenotes a great online community.

I Like Mimi she's the blue in my paintings!

Blog Entries

Wow, 10,000?? Seems like only yesterday it was 8,000!

Yeah Mimi!
    Speech! Speech! Speech!

Yes, lots of love for Mimi from me!

Right on, Mimi! Echoing what Red said-- you really do embody the spirit of what makes BN so cool. Thanks for being you.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 20th May 2011 at 05:09 AM.

Hillaire

Mimi was the reason I finally decided basenotes was 'friendly' and not intimidating; I know a lot of others feel/felt the same. It's really something to exude such a welcoming and beneficent spirit... over the internet.

And ten thousand posts!! Holy bananas! Congrats.

I forgive you for bragging excessively with your No. 22 yesterday (LOL) and join in by saying that your footprints here are charming and mood-lifting, which I very very much appreciate. We haven't been friends here for long (incredible, since we share SO many perfume loves), but here's to you...

Basenotes Plus

Mimi, honey....it's a honor to know you. Count me as one of your admirers. Your generosity is admirable, as is your spirit.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Basenotes Institution

We have been friends together,
    In sunshine and in shade............ Caroline Elizabeth Sarah Norton

Holy Bananas is right,my friends !!!!! *LOL*

You know I feel weird saying something before I hit 10000 posts but we know it'll happen sooner rather than later with my yabber mouth ! How you guys have put up with me over the years!!

Thank you very much everyone here - this should really be a thread about my appreciation for all of you.
    Basenotes is part of my extended family and I really do not know what I would do without your kindness, support and friendship - all of you. Many of mysmiles everyday are from your companionship . - even when life has got tough which it has done from time to time and I 've been ready to fall apart.
    It is truthful for me to say that you have all carried me in some way throughout the years.
    There are some wonderful souls here - new Basenoters, not so new Basenoters and veterans ! I appreciate you all - every one of you. Since I'm blowing my trumpet-.......I do have a very good memory - you are all firmly fixed in my thoughts.

And I will always remain a newbie, folks , despite what the post count says !

Can I say I do love you all ???

PS I'll come back when I really hit the 10000 mark ! *LOL*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

You'll make 10,000 in no time, Mimi. And *I* thought I was perfume-obsessed. You are my role model!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Basenotes Plus

You are one class act Ms Mimi of the Gardenias! Congrats on your upcoming 10,000th post
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Congratulations Mimi! 10,000 posts is quite a milestone. Thanks for sharing your perfume love with us.
    Evenstar

DeepSilence

Congratulations your upcoming 10000th post Mimi I'm enjoying to read your opinions and your reviews Cheers

Congratulations, one of the greatest Basenoters ever, so much style, beauty and fragrance knowledge which truly make Basenotes into the special place it is now!

Sur la Plage

Congrats Mimi. We love ya!
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Mimi, gorgeous,elegant and rocking taste in perfume.

Congratulations.
    DONNA

Mimi soooooooooooooooo much love for you , always a kind word and gesture when its least expected . Such a special friend , Basenotes is a better place for haing you here { hug }

Absolutely second all that's been said - you are an inspiration to all of us! I've learned so much from reading your posts, and you've given me some very thoughtful and kind advice, so I hope you go on posting forever!

Enjoy your posts Mimi
    Congrats on your upcoming 10k

Basenotes Plus

Thanks for this Primrose - it's richly deserved.
    Some will be aware that I was fortunate enough to meet up with Mimi in London a few weeks ago and I can happily confirm that she is every bit as delightful in person as she comes across here (as if it was ever in any doubt).
    Mims, I truly value your friendship, knowledge, enthusiasm and caring nature. You light up these forums and deserve every one of the plaudits you receive as you approach the magic 10,000. Congratulations !.

Jon. xxx

Just chiming in with my appreciation - Mimi you are basenotes as far as I'm concerned. 'Nuff said.

Such a good friend of us!

10000 hugs from Brazil

Congratulations, Mimi!

I love reading your posts!

Congratulations darling.

Love your current avatar. Like it how you write "I will always remain a newbie".

Mimi, you fill BN with bubbly, fun, enthusiastic joy every time you sign in (all 10,000 of them!). That is quite an accomplishment. You are, quite simply, wonderful.

Congratulations and more hugs from me too! In my head, I always imagine you smiling.

10,000 posts! Wow!

I'll wait for the actual event (soon, I'm sure) to say congratulations and open the Champagne. In the meantime, many (((hugs))) for Mimi, without whose sweetness, kindness, warmth and good humor Basenotes just wouldn't be the same. You are a gem, Mims!

Basenotes Plus

I love reading your posts and reviews, Mimi!
    Congratulations on reaching 10,000!

Wow Mimi - what a tribute! You certainly deserve it - basenotes would not be the same without you! Actually, mysticknot's enthusiastic, friendly and insightful posts made an impression on me long before I joined. Your generosity of spirit, genuine kindness and thoughtfulness was evident to me then, and it still is. You have a gift - thank you for sharing it with us!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Without Mimi, it just wouldn't be Basenotes!!!!

What can I add to what's already been said.......... Mimi you rock and you're my fragrance hero........luv ya'

-Deb xoxoxox
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

I'm pretty new here, but I've come to recognize Mimi. I think she's charming and delightful, and I'm always happy when I see one of her posts.

I remember in ancient history, when there was a basenoter named mysticknot. I remember thinking, "what is a 'my stick not'?", knowing it was really 'mystic knot'.

Then a new name, a transformation: Mimi Gardenia!

Thank you for brightening this place up! It is always a joy to read your posts and when you go away overseas, you are surely missed!

Love ya sweetie! Congratulations!

Basenotes Institution

You know I said I was going to return when I actually hit 10000 posts but......
    I m reading through all these lovely comments and posts . I have teared up and I have to say something . I feel so fortunate to know you all .
    Yes, I was my stick not for some time ! *LOL* What a gas !

You have made my day - Basenoters always make my day . Thank you - I'm humbled yet once more with your generosity of spirit and words.

Blog Entries

I thought it was "my stick not" too, how funny! There are so few words that start with K or Kn in English that we tend not to see them.

Mims is the best... YOU GO GIRL!!!

Lovelovelovelovelove!!!

Congratulations beautiful Mimi!
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Congratulations,Mimi!I really enjoy your posts and reviews.Your sense of humor is tops and I've absorbed more knowledge from you than you can imagine!My only complaint is that you refused to let me send you my Euphoria!

Hugs and thanks for being you!
    The nose wants what it wants!

I have been on Basenotes for about a year, and I often leave the site aglow. Then about 4 weeks ago I put 2 and 2 together: I just read a post by this Mimi gal! Now I always made a point to pause and enjoy your posts.

Indeed, I sorta want to apologize if you have noticed me "lurking" on your personal page. I was trying to figure out a way to send you a note to say how much I enjoyed your posts and what you give to all of us here on Basenotes. Task accomplished. So yes, another set of votes for how articulate and beautiful you are Mimi! Adam

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Primrose, you're genius!!! Brilliant thread.

Mimi, you’re the chandelier that illuminates the halls of Basenotes!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Mimi is the essence of Basenotes ... we love you!

Congratulations.
    Really enjoy reading your comments.

Beautiful Gardenia Ciprian, much like the beauty that is Mimi. You've always been so sweet and welcoming, CONGRATULATIONS!

Mimi, Congratulations on reaching 10.000 posts! (soon)
    Love your posts and reviews!

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Miss Mimi! A sweetie and a class act,
    no wonder we love her!

All hail the Mimi! Long may she smell!
    For those about to stink, I salute you!

Basenotes Institution

Well folks... dear sweet Basenoters.... this is IT ! The 10000 post ! Had to be here !
    yay !

Immense big hugs and smiles for making me feel special and loved. I love you back ! Thanks for the absolutely gorgeous gardenia pictures- my weakness !

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    Well folks... dear sweet Basenoters.... this is IT ! The 10000 post ! Had to be here !
    yay !

Immense big hugs and smiles for making me feel special and loved. I love you back ! Thanks for the absolutely gorgeous gardenia pictures- my weakness !
    Hugs and Congrats!

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Sweetie, you is the Gardenia Bomb!!

Congratulations, and thank you Mimi for 10,000 wonderful posts!
    Last edited by kbe; 21st May 2011 at 02:42 AM.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Congratulations at you, Mimi, I enjoy your posts too

Blog Entries

Yay! 10,000....thanks for sharing your knowledge and spirit! Mercy Dix Mille fois!

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Congratulations!
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Plus

Congrats Mimi!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Congratulations, Mimi, it's always a pleasure to read you.

CONGRATULATIONS MIMI.....Welcome to the 10,000 posts club.....A BIG (((HUG)))!!!
    Gary

Ooops! How did I miss this?! Mimi was one of the first people that befriended me on Basenotes. She is one of the few truly genuine, kind, down-to-earth people on this planet...and I got that just from cyberspace; imagine the goodness she'll exude if I see her in true life! Thank you Mimi for making this place like a second home for many of us and here's to 10,000 more. We love you!