Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Havana Pour Elle EDP- Tobacco, or fruit?

Hi everyone,

So tonight I came across Havana Pour Elle. As soon as I saw the box I wanted to smell it because I am always on the hunt for a dark, smoky tobacco spice scent. The first spray was EXACTLY what I was hoping it would be. Rich dark honeyed tobacco, spicy and wonderful. I snatched up the discontinued, supposedly rare 3.4 fl oz new in box bottle of the EDP for $55. Seemed like a good deal. I was awfully pleased with myself on my way out of the store, bag in tow, having discovered a new and different "rare" scent. However, as I drove home, it was not the tobacco I was smelling at all, but just super amped up fruit. Thoughts of Paris Hilton's first fragrance came to mind. By the time I was home, it had mellowed (thankfully), to kind of a dark vanilla. It was like I had worn 3 different perfumes. I am curious as to what anyone else's experience with this fragrance has been. Do you feel its a smoky Havana night filled with pipe tobacco and spicy food? Or a heaping bowl of fruit, with a fruit salad on the side, chased down with a nice glass of fruit juice?
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    Marilyn Monroe

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Havana Pour Elle EDP- Tobacco, or fruit?

I have a little bottle. It's fruity for sure and has distinctly top, heart and base accords. I disliked the top but the rest is Ok. Not my fave but interesting.

Havana Pour Elle notes per Fragrantica: The top notes include melon, apple, mandarin and peach; the heart contains rose, freesia, heliotrope and ylang-ylang, while the base carries vanilla, honey, Tonka beans and cedar. The perfume was launched in 1996.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home