Code of Conduct

Default Inexpensive alternatives for pricey fragrances - for possible article

My first fragrance article "Summer Scents" was just published and its inspired another one. With the recession and hard financial times - most people can't drop $200+ for a fragrance. Here in the forums - we know of several inexpensive fragrances that smell like much more expensive ones.. I was thinking this would be a great article. Here are a few that I have in mind..

Bath and Body Works Coconut Lime Verbena and Creed Virgin Island Water
    Rochas Man and Bond New Haarlem
    A*men Pure Havane and Tom Ford Private Blend Tobacco Vanille
    Sean John Unforgivable and Creed MIillesime Imperiale

What do y'all think? Any other ideas?

Default Re: Inexpensive alternatives for pricey fragrances - for possible article

The original: Cool Water & GIT!

Default Re: Inexpensive alternatives for pricey fragrances - for possible article

Mugler Cologne and Creed Original Vetiver

JPG Fleur du Male and Reflection Man by Amouage

Animale Animale and Angel Men

l'Erbolario Meharees and Musc Raveguer. No funky clove note in Meharees and it costs 30 dollars. Meharees = Musc Raveguer dry down.

Perry Ellis 360 Red and Aqua di Gio

Aqualina Chocolovers and Montale Chocolate Greedy

Cuba Gold and JPG Le Male
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 19th May 2011 at 05:37 PM.

Aventus - Burberry Summer '09

fountain

tom ford's italian cypress = halston's z-14

Kouros - Creed Orange Spice

Encre Noir - Sycomore

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Royal Scottish Lavender - Esterel Pour Homme

Sur la Plage

Gucci Nobile - Nobile Royalty
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Cuba Orange and Rochas Lui. Cuba Green and Escape for Men. Cuba Red and Burberry London for Men's drydown (2+ hours into it). Adidas Victory League and Boss Bottled. Cuba Blue and CK One. Cuba Black and Tuscany Uomo (IIRC, but otherwise a frag that is similar). Tobaco Latino and Vento Canale. Lomani (1987) is similar to several fougeres of the Drakkar Noir genre, and is well done, unlike some of the Cuba and Adidas ones, IMO. Sport Field by Adidas is also of this genre, but too "sythetic" for me.

I have too many samples to go through. I might have some recommendations in a few months. <G>
    "There's another old saying, Senator: Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining."

Jean Marie Farina as an alternative, not a smellalike, to AdP Colonia

Love & Luck as a second alternative to Creed MI, imho a closer match than Unforgivable

Lorenzo Villoresi Uomo - Creed Bois du Portugal.

Quote Originally Posted by Igorbg View Post
    Aventus - Burberry Summer '09
    What you talkin bout Willis? I mean Igorbg? Seriously?

+1 on Meharees as Musc Ravageur substitute -- it really is very nice, but unfortunately its longevity is crappy on my skin. However, I have witnessed that on the skin of others it has fine longevity.

Royal Copenhagen more or less recalls Amouage Gold, no so complex, nor as much projection and longevity.
    Same with Pierre Cardin and Heritage.

Antonio Banderas The Secret = Paco Rabanne 1 Million
    Paris Hilton Just Me for men = Acqua Di Gio

Joop! Homme = Creed Original Santal (Joop! is definitely more cloying and synthetic)
    Summer Rotation:

Versace Pour Homme by Versace
    Cool Water Game by Davidoff
    Tom Ford Grey Vetiver
    H.M. by Hanae Mori
    Vettiveru by Commes Des Garons
    Riverside Drive by Bond No. 9
    Soon to include "Ab Spirit Silver"

If smelling good was a crime, I'd be serving a lifetime sentence....

- OE (olfactoryexperience)