Code of Conduct

Default Havana Pour Elle by Aramis- Anyone?

I posted a similar thread in the ladies forum but thought the guys might be of some help, too. I purchase Havana Pour Elle thinking I had stumbled across an amazing gem of a smoky, unusual, spicy tobacco scent, discontinued to boot. Well, after the initial dry down I am feeling its a lot more about the sweet fruity notes than anything sultry, smoky/tobacco. My husband of course loves it- he loves anything sweet. I tend to gravitate more towards spicy orientals or something with a little bit of funk and decay, if you will. So not sure about Havana. From a mans perspective, if you can even recall this fragrance, how would you describe it? What notes do you get out of it? Dark and spicy, or young, light and fruity? Or any other interpretations? I also have allergies, which can manipulate what I smell from time to time. It will be interesting to see how it smells when I wake up in the morning.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Default Re: Havana Pour Elle by Aramis- Anyone?

This is a very good fragrance which gets little mention.

I get a mixture of soft, rounded fruits in the beginning, creamy mixed florals in the middle, and sweet vanilla and woods in the end. I suppose I'd label it a fruity, woody floral. I'm rather hesitant to call it an oriental. While it does have a significant amount of vanilla, it lacks amber or any other balsamic notes in sufficient quantity to make me think oriental.

I wouldn't call it dark and spicy or light and fruity. How about medium and floral? Some younger people might consider it heavy or strong, but I don't. It seems versatile to me, light and fruity enough for casual daytime wear when lightly sprayed, and heady and sweet enough for nighttime wear.

Others have reported notes of tobacco or smoke and have described the fragrance as being sharp. I don't get any of that. For me Havana Pour Elle is a soft, rich, rounded, sweet fragrance. It evokes still, warm, humid air filled with the smells of flowers and ripe fruits. It serves as a counterweight to the men's version, which is a little sharp and aromatic with its tobacco and rum aromas. Pour Elle offers a different but equally characteristic and colorful view of Havana.

One of my female employees wears it. Smells light and fruity to me.

Yes, its definitely not an oriental. I find it very pleasant once the fruity top notes burn off; it settles into a nice vanilla/honey, and I think I smell hints of the tobacco I thought I smelled initially. For some reason that was what first hit me when I first took the cap off the bottle and again on the first spray. It certainly isn't what I thought it was going to be though, but its growing on me. I tried the men's Havana hoping it would be more tobacco/booze heavy, but I actually found that to be more green and aquatic with some spice. And- it basically smelled like my dad so, pass on that. : )
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe