Code of Conduct

Default Between Timbuktu and Jub. XXV

I'd like to get something from B. Duchaufour.
    I've enjoyed my decant of Dzongkha,it's dryness and hot spyces, love the lychee too. but doing a wrist comparison I think Timbuktu is a bit merrier and no so serious as Dzongkha.
    Now during my testing I found some similarity with Jub. XXV, which I think is stunning as well.
    So help me out please, do you think JXXV is worth the extra cash? Or wich one you prefer and why?
    Thanks much! Ivan

Default Re: Between Timbuktu and Jub. XXV

Jubilation XXV without a doubt , I think its just in a different league and so worth the extra money and it lasts and lasts on the skin too . A real personal favourite

Timbuktu

I like Timbuktu. But really, Jubilation XXV IS of a different league....it's not just a more expensive version.

Mmhh I better start saving then, thanks much Ekove, I know you like those Amouages and yes a long lasting fragragrance is highly dessirable. Thank you hednic and pour monsieur; by the way I'm at the mall and just sprayed some pour monsieur in a little paper. I haven't smelled that one.
    Basically you agree that XxV is worth the x-tra cash yes!? Anyone else would like to chip in?

It's really difficulut, if not almost impossible to choose from 2 masterpieces. Both are worth owning. But if forced to choose one, I would go for Jubilation XXV. Just like what Ekove said, it is in a different leauge.

@volley2
    Thx Volley i see you own both, but buying those two means 500.00 +, so it's a no no, for the time being, fathers day is coming soon I'll wisper to my wife while she sleeps "jubi..lation..xxv...amouage...masterpiece...ducha ufour..." ha!

Petruccic, sculpturOTS, dullah, etc, dear noses, any one else?

"A bit merrier and not so serious" is exactly why I would choose Timbuktu......although JXXV is exquisite, it's a bit too grand for work, whereas Timbuktu is comfortable just about anywhere.

I'm not big on incense, but Timbuktu is amazing. I tend to find niche fragrances hard at having a purpose.. almost unwearable a lot of the time. I don't feel that way with Timbuktu though. I think it's quite seasonal, and quite versatile.. although I have not tried any from Amouage yet.

^ yes it's beatiful, very bright and great incense, i enjoy the mango u can tell is green, and just a tad sweet. It dries down and the vetiver comes out together with strong patchouli, reminds a bit of Terre d' hermess, and lasted a good 8 hrs. Om my skin. Yes very wearable indeed. It was like 70 degrees today and it performed well. I think is priced right. If I get the JXXV, i might still look for a decant.
    Thank u Cologneist for sharing the love.

Indeed a difficult choice, but IMHO, Timbuktu is more versatile, green smokey and so far it goes, "Cheaper".
    Jubilation XXV is more refine, opulent and rich, however less versatile and off course, more expensive....

Thanx My pep pep (funny name, scary pic) and Bonoanimoes. That's why I'm posting asking for your thoughts. I don't have any bottles from Mr. Duchaufour. He's got a way with incense and creates exotic olfatory experiences, refined, no too loud, all within a journey Is how I feel.

You can "taste"'the different notes transporting you to those magical places.
    I agree Timbuktu is easy to reach for, whereas Jubilation (sin. Of celebration) would always need a special occasion. The high price and richness of this fragrance calls for a special event IMO.

Jubilation XXV. But this is one of the hardest choice.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

They are very, very different pieces of work to me and really the decision comes down to whether you want the drier, airier Timbuktu or a more opulent, oriental approach. I find XXV a richer, denser scent - more going on, basically, more colour and certainly, as mentioned already, a little more demanding of attention. XXV also seems a little less shrill - I really notice the cedar / synthetic line running thru Timbuktu these days.

I actually prefer Dzongkha to both of them but if push came to shove I could dump all three and live with CdG Kyoto, which was my introduction to this genre and is the benchmark I use to look at the stuff that has come since. If you find Timbuktu a 'merrier' scent than Dzongkha (nice way of putting it) then XXV is probably the one to investigate - it is something of a contemporary milestone and may actually be the logical artistic conclusion of Duchaufor's decade long hike along the incense trail.

Grazie mile Alfarome, I think they are not that similar to own both, I can see wearing them in different occasions, so maybe one bottle and the other one a decant? ... hmm now which one..?
    Last edited by Ivan D' Great; 22nd May 2011 at 09:30 AM.

Jubilation XXV's FB, Tmbuktu's Decant

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

@Mr. Reasonable indeed sounds good to me and makes sense. Good advice, also I have my eye on those incenses from CDG's line. I need to try them, I keep on hearning the name kyoto, Avignon, etc.
    Man I was so intrigued by Dzongkha and could imagine the little wood and stone temple in the country, incense being offered, and fresh water runing by. The peacefull and meditative moment, everything's there: here, have a lychee...
    JXXV " a contemporary milestone and may actually be the logical artistic conclusion of Duchaufor's decade long hike along the incense trail." I like that, after all I would like to have a sample of his work and it seems thats the best one. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Jubilation XXV's FB, Tmbuktu's Decant
    Yeah It looks like a solution. BTW I have my cat here laying on my feet and every time she comes asking for something I remember your phrase, so true!