Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Sur la Plage

Default SOTD - Monday, 23 May, 2011

Good morning! My SOTD is Givenchy Vetyver.

Notes include bergamot, coriander leaves, sandalwood, and vetiver.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: SOTD - Monday, 23 May, 2011

Brooklyn by Bond no 9

An image for both perfumistas and horologists:

for swap/sale:

Eau de V Virgin Vie, from a sample, nice fresh airplane scent
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. SotD is Guerlain Heritage.

And so it goes on. Here in sunny St Albans we have now gone for 3 months without any rain with the exception of two or three showers which have had no effect at all. The crops are failing. our grass is brown and there seems no rain forecast in the near future.
    Spoke to my sister in Christchurch, NZ and they are now having to combat widespread flooding following February's earthquake. The rivers have silted up, the water table has risen and with the additional autumn rain the clear-up is being hampered pretty badly. Talk about opposites.
    Monday morning vent over.....
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 23rd May 2011 at 11:17 AM.

Hello all. BPBAL Longing from the Love Poems collection.
    DONNA

Bored with the V now, changed to Chanel No19
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Paralysed by choice this morning - two SOTD threads to choose from! Will go with this one since it started marginally earlier.

SOTD is Calamity J.

Alien today, from the mini bottle.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD - Monday, 23 May, 2011

RED VETIVER

M O N T A L E
    P A R I S
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Bonne Bell Skin Musk, wish you all a good start to your week!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Jaipur Parfum

shadesofbleu has choose my sotd, thanks for the recommendation my friend!

Basenotes Plus

Good Morning!

Thinking of those affected by tornadoes in Missouri, Oklahoma and here in Minnesota in north Minneapolis over the weekend.

SotD is EnJoy by Jean Patou.
    Top notes: cassis, banana accord, pear, bergamot, orange, mandarin
    Middle notes: Bulgarian rose oil, Turkish rose absolute, Indian Jasmine absolute,
    Indian cardamom, hedione
    Base notes: patchouli, vanilla, amber, musk

Last edited by Kiliwia; 23rd May 2011 at 01:08 PM.

DeepSilence

Good Morning
    Boucheron Pour Homme

Blog Entries

Thought I would start with JM Sweet Milk but, as much as I like it, it was the wrong thing for today.

Scrubbed it off and applied L'Artisan FdO instead. Ahhh, that's more like it.

spent the weekend in Attrape Couer - in Shalimar today.
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Started with Caron No. 3 early and am now contemplating what to wear later. Have been enjoying Chopard Madness, and will probably go with that.

Basenotes Plus

Got up during the night & dug out my Bill Blass Couture 6. It was just what I wanted, so I am continuing with it today. From the 2008, NST review: "Couture 6 ~ With notes of rose, apple blossom, blackberries and patchouli. By perfumer Pierre-Constantin Guéros."

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Vintage No.5 parfum...

For a lovely start of the week, it is Chanel Coromandel today. Have a great day everyone.

Pino Silvestre

Hello everyone -

I'm in vintage Vent Vert edt. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I'm joining petruccijc this morning in the house of Givenchy. My SotM is Eau de Givenchy.

Notes of grapefruit and bergamot, honeysuckle, jasmine, cedar and musk.

Some people prefer the vintage formulation to this version in the Parfums Mythiques collection, and I can sympathize with that - we mourn our old lost loves - but I don't know the vintage so I like this one just fine. It's pretty and refreshing in warm weather. Which we are now going into here in Virginia. Plus thunderstorms.

Hello everyone Sotd is Coco.

Tying up my sampling of Hermes with Parfum d'Hermes. I'm really not sure what to think of this. At first it was a bit jarring - Imagine a water color painting, with some strange bold color splashed over it. Now it's settling, and it's very pretty, but I'm not sure I'd buy a FB.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Evening

ANTÆUS

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Thinking of those affected by tornadoes in Missouri, Oklahoma and here in Minnesota in north Minneapolis over the weekend.
    Me, too, Kiliwia. I don't remember any BNers from Joplin, Missouri, but if anyone else does, speak up. Dozens found dead so far.

I'm appreciating the gift of a non-tragic Monday within the 18-inch-thick walls of our unscathed home, wearing some Marc Jacobs Lemon Splash.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Scent of the day: The usual. NR musc for her
    Scent of the evening: Bois Des Iles, extrait de parfum

Happy Monday>>>>

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Good Morning all,

SotD is Dior's Escale a Pondichery,

got back home early this morning to beat all the traffic and storms later. Kiliwia and Quarry,I'm with you girls....my thoughts and prayers are with the people affected by these horrible storms.

Hope everyone has a good day and take care all.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Trying out a blind buy with hopes: Parfum d'Hermes parfum.

A gorgeous day out here on the Great Plains -- it's rather jarring after the horrible storms of the weekend, both to the north and south of me. My thoughts and prayers are with those in Joplin, Oklahoma, and Minnesota.

It's back to the Big White Florals for me: FM Carnal Flower. That tuberose is just narcotic.

Basenotes Plus

Echoing the thoughts and best wishes for those affected by the storms in the US. Just seen the footage from Joplin today - really shocking.

SotE - Bond No 9 Bleecker Street.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Good Morning!

Me too- it's dreadful. Prayers for the families .
    Jon- I feel for you with no rain.
    This world seems upside now especially this year.

I'm wearing a bit of Chanel. No.22 extrait for this early morning.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Done with the rose samples, wearing Beachy by Lilly Pulitzer today. HORRID allergy attack this AM, went in to work 2 hours late, totally OD'd on allergy meds.

kasae I'm a scent twin with you today! Let me know what you think of that parfum, I just have a sample of the EDT or EDP, not sure which. It was jarring for the first hour, but as the day rolls on I keep loving it more. Might need a decant of this.

P.S. My cousin is an emergency room surgeon at the main hospital in Joplin. He's been working non-stop, and actually had to set up some field hospitals and organize triage at outside sites because they couldn't even get people in to the hospital at the beginning. They were doing surgery in the field, crazy! Definitely praying for those down there.

Wearing Molinard Fleur de Figuier.

I enjoyed the Mitsouko a lot today and the faint wafts on my daily commute home were a delight in this (early) summery heat. Thank you Quarry and others for your kind words about my blabbing here when I try something new.
    For SotE is reached again for my sample of Roja Dove's Diaghilev. I liked it even less today. The initial 2-3 minutes blast is very pleasant, but what follows is the lemonade-y orange and lemon accord that reminded me of No. 5 Eau Premier, where I did not like it at all (also because it was even more prominent there). The rest is fairly fleeting and reminding me of Unspoken EdP, but I'd definitely prefer the Unspoken. I was quite discontent with the status quo and spritzed the wonderful Unspoken Parfum. I'm glad to be in fine company here with you Jon!!
    Have a wonderful evening and my heartfelt best wishes for all affected by these weather extremes!

MPG: Ambre Précieux, pour moi, ce soir.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elizrj View Post
    Tying up my sampling of Hermes with Parfum d'Hermes. I'm really not sure what to think of this. At first it was a bit jarring - Imagine a water color painting, with some strange bold color splashed over it. Now it's settling, and it's very pretty, but I'm not sure I'd buy a FB.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasae View Post
    Trying out a blind buy with hopes: Parfum d'Hermes parfum.
    You're scent twins! and I loved Parfum d'Hermes, tested it in the same Hermes sample pack.
    I am now a house twin with you, testing Hermessences. Rose Ikebana for me. It is very nice. I might not say very special, but very very nice. That's what scares me to death about the Hermessences so far -- I might splash out on the travel set without even thinking twice. Ambre Narguile? Check, sure I can do with 15 ml of this is a pretty bottle. Rose Ikebana? Definitely, and will go through it fast as it is a professional scent with not a whole lot of projection. Vetiver Tonka? Twist my arm. Lys Galante?(c)30 Roses -- there it is right there, it's four, and I would wear them all. Humm. This is NOT how it is supposed to work, that much I know.

(((I'm adding my prayers to those already offered for the folks in Joplin and surrounding areas.)))

After seeing the word "Givenchy" in more than a few posts this morning, I've been led to wear Givenchy III today. Take care, all.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Warum View Post
    You're scent twins! and I loved Parfum d'Hermes, tested it in the same Hermes sample pack.
    I am now a house twin with you, testing Hermessences. Rose Ikebana for me. It is very nice. I might not say very special, but very very nice. That's what scares me to death about the Hermessences so far -- I might splash out on the travel set without even thinking twice. Ambre Narguile? Check, sure I can do with 15 ml of this is a pretty bottle. Rose Ikebana? Definitely, and will go through it fast as it is a professional scent with not a whole lot of projection. Vetiver Tonka? Twist my arm. Lys Galante?(c)30 Roses -- there it is right there, it's four, and I would wear them all. Humm. This is NOT how it is supposed to work, that much I know.
    Warum, you should go for it, it's such a nice set. I just looked at the Hermes site and they have alot to pick from. When I got mine they only had 4 different Hermessences to pick from. Mine had Ambre Narguile, Vanille Galante, Vetiver Tonka and Poivre Samarcande. I'd love to get Osmanthe Yunnan and Rose Ikebana, but if I bought another set I know my husband would not be pleased.

Joplin is a small town in the hills on I44, we used to pass it by on our standard route from Dallas to Illinois to see Mr.T's grandpa, it was 1/2 way. Is everybody OK?

Jon, sorry to hear about your weather, we all need to do a rain dance, simulataneously. Tonight sounds good? Or tomorrow? I will keep you in my thoughts.

Amouage Dia, down to the last dregs in my little 25ml bottle and have to make up my mind -- Now what? I think I will save the last of it in a little vial for references and will stick with Dia's grand maman -- Madame Rochas. Oh, horror....

Scent of the Night

Chanel N°22

I was listening to this breathtaking song
    over at YouTube, and it sounds exactly
    like N°22 smells like to me. Angelic. Pure.
    So, I simply had to apply some of it.
    When they both starts to sing at 1:29;
    WOW ... that must be the sound that
    comes out at you, when the Pearly Gates
    of Heaven opens to let you in. A-ma-zing!

Blog Entries

30 Roses, congratulations with 5K!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Scent of the Night

Chanel N°22

I was listening to this breathtaking song
    over at YouTube, and it sounds exactly
    like N°22 smells like to me. Angelic. Pure.
    So, I simply had to apply some of it.
    When they both starts to sing at 1:29;
    WOW ... that must be the sound that
    comes out at you, when the Pearly Gates
    of Heaven opens to let you in. A-ma-zing!

Duckie, I have sung Lloyd Webber's Pie Jesu so many times... This is my favorite rendition:

Duc & Baldufita - Thank you for the music. Such a lovely way to start the day...

SOTD: Sous le Vent

Hello,

Dsquared2 She Wood from a sample today and a lot of testing and snifing at the shops today with my elder daughter. Mostly things I already Know, I just try to "educate" her!! We bought another bottle of her signature perfume: Hypnotic Poison.

Congratulations, 30 Roses!

I always enjoy the videos in your posts, Le Grand Duc!

Quote Originally Posted by Baldufita View Post
    Duckie, I have sung Lloyd Webber's Pie Jesu so many times... This is my favorite rendition:
    Wow! I didn't know Netrebko had sang this song.
    I'm a HUGE Anna Netrebko fan, she truely is the
    grandest of soprano divas right now.
    She was in Copenhagen last September. But, she
    only made two guest appearances at the Royal
    Theater, and the tickets were sold out within minutes.
    Needles to say; I didn't get any!

Quote Originally Posted by RainDropSparkle View Post
    Duc & Baldufita - Thank you for the music. Such a lovely way to start the day...
    I'm glad!

Quote Originally Posted by *dora* View Post
    Hello,

Dsquared2 She Wood from a sample today and a lot of testing and snifing at the shops today with my elder daughter. Mostly things I already Know, I just try to "educate" her!! We bought another bottle of her signature perfume: Hypnotic Poison.
    She sure has good taste that daughter of yours!

I always enjoy the videos in your posts, Le Grand Duc!

I too enjoyed that music, Duc and Baldufita. Thanks!

I'm enjoying the simplicity of Montale's White Musk today. I like the freshness given by the violet leaf and geranium notes!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Wow! I didn't know Netrebko had sang this song.
    I'm a HUGE Anna Netrebko fan, she truely is the
    grandest of soprano divas right now.
    She was in Copenhagen last September. But, she
    only made two guest appearances at the Royal
    Theater, and the tickets were sold out within minutes.
    Needles to say; I didn't get any!
    I'm a big fan too!! I recently saw her in Don Pasquale and I was blown away...

To keep my post on topic, I'm going to bed but I don't know how to scent my dreams yet... Will probably end up in vintage No.5 extrait... Again... :P

Basenotes Institution

Shalimar (vintage Extrait) by Guerlain

Thanks T. This is perhaps the oldest vintage Shalimar extrait I've ever worn. In the base notes, I smell a whole bunch of sandalwood, which is not as apparent in the other formulations or versions (EdC, EdP, etc) that I have tried. Bless me, this stuff is magical.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Tocade today by Rochas. I don't get the plastic or acetone. Goes almost straight to an ambery/vanilla/musk on me. I like

What beautiful music! I have tears in my eyes. Ok, I'm sold. No. 22 it is this evening (mine is edt). ♥

Congratulations, 30 Roses for hitting 5,000 posts! And to Mimi Gardenia, too, for hitting 10,000 + now.

My SotE is Chanel No. 22 edt (recent version). It goes with Champagne, too! I must be in a *Champagne dreams* mood lately. The aldehydes in this are so nose searing, the fluffy meringue like clouds of orange blossom & ylang ylang so creamy. It is the aldehydes that prepare you for incense - they have the same effect on the nose as smoke. What a strange and wonderful fragrance this is. It's addictive. It's classic and lovely, yet just a little odd. This is currently my favorite Chanel. There are a few others that are up there among my faves, but this is No. 1.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 23rd May 2011 at 11:09 PM.

Warum, I'm glad you're a house twin! I am eager to try the Hermessence scents as well. I think out of the Hermes, the clear winners for me are Kelly Caleche (because it's a great way to step into a leather-lite), 24 Faubourg (because just OMG), and Parfum d'Hermes (because it surprised the heck out of me by going from a NO WAY to a I <3 YOU). I sprung for the Kelly Caleche since I found it on the bay for about $25. I'm looking at decants of the other two. I have to post up my final reviews on the thread and send them on.

Basenotes Plus

Congratulations, 30 Roses on 5,000 posts!!!

Duc and Baldufita, I enjoyed the YouTube videos as well, thank you!

SotA has been Gorilla's Imogen Rose. It's okay, but doesn't compare to the Rosine's I've tried.

Basenotes Institution

posts- congratulations to such a lovely Basenoter- 30 Roses !

This afternoon I'm back in Bwah dez Eel .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    posts- congratulations to such a lovely Basenoter- 30 Roses !
    Wholeheartedly seconded.

Olivier Strelli

I'm wearing Mandarine Mandarin today. Happy Monday!

Lys Méditerranée by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle