Code of Conduct

Default Double Vanille, Pure Coffe, and Tobacco Vanille

I just received a few samples of very popular scents, Spirtueuse Double Vanille, Angel Men Pure Coffee, Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille from Perfume Court today..hmmm.. I wasn't really impressed.

• Pure Coffee smelled almost identical to Pure Malt, with less boozyness.
    • Spirtueuse Double Vanille smells identical to a bottle of baking Vanilla Extract liquid. How are they charging $250+ a bottle for this??????
    • Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille... If someone got a whiff of you as you passed, they will smell black licourice and a slight hint of vanilla, if they did not know what Tobacco smelled like. Not really impressed by TV, I would find it kind of hard to wear.

My favorite out of the 3 would be Spirtueuse Double Vanille, but I wonder if I wore it would everyone think I had a baking accident and spilled sweet Vanilla Extract on myself. Smells like a real good vanilla extract, but HMMMMMM. I may try it out. Also if you ever get to try Scented Oils, test out Burberry Sport Type M, Double Vanille smells exactly like it for $5 dollars http://www.3bgifts.com/Burberry-Spor..._p_602366.html .
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 23rd May 2011 at 08:41 PM.

Default Re: Double Vanille, Pure Coffe, and Tobacco Vanille

I do not know how anyone can mistake black licourice with tobacco. I do not smell black licourice in tobacco vanille at all.

Tobacco Vanille didn't smell like Licourice at all to me. I got a very dessert-like scent, bloody flaming gorgeous!

Sprituese Double Vanille ends up smelling like briney olives on me! But I like briney olives, so it's all good

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post
    Also if you ever get to try Scented Oils, test out Burberry Sport Type M, Double Vanille smells exactly like it for $5 dollars http://www.3bgifts.com/Burberry-Spor..._p_602366.html .
    Word??? Well I will be sure to give that a try! There are tons of perfumed oils, with most of the cologne type oils smelling a LOT like the actual colognes. Sometimes I try a nice but expensive fragrance, and I sit and think like I WISH THEY MADE AN OIL TYPE FOR THIS! When I first tried SDV, I was searching the oil vendors to see if any of them copied it, but none did. So I will definetely order a sample of Burberry Sport. Thing is though, I recall trying Burberry Sport (it MAY HAVE been Gucci Sport), and it didn't smell anyting like SDV. It smelled like a generic kinda aquatic fragrance. But I will give it a try, for sure.

Tobacco Vanille is one of the most unique scents I've ever smelt. I've been told by woman I smell like a cigar shop but in a good way! They all love it...

Yeah, test it out. Burberry Sport Type M fragrance oil smells exactly like Double Vanille, and not like Burberry Sport cologne.

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Word??? Well I will be sure to give that a try! There are tons of perfumed oils, with most of the cologne type oils smelling a LOT like the actual colognes. Sometimes I try a nice but expensive fragrance, and I sit and think like I WISH THEY MADE AN OIL TYPE FOR THIS! When I first tried SDV, I was searching the oil vendors to see if any of them copied it, but none did. So I will definetely order a sample of Burberry Sport. Thing is though, I recall trying Burberry Sport (it MAY HAVE been Gucci Sport), and it didn't smell anyting like SDV. It smelled like a generic kinda aquatic fragrance. But I will give it a try, for sure.

Double Vanille smelled too sweet and reminded me of a woman's perfume..

Sur la Plage

IMO:

1) Tobacco Vanille
    2) Pure Coffee
    754) Spirituese Double Vanille
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Pure Coffee

I agree that SdV is a waste. It just smelled like vanilla extract to me. TFTV however... did you wear it on the skin? It's a silage and longevity monster, plus it's unique without being weird. That's what's impressive. There is no hidden note or strange drydown, it's pretty much what you see is what you get with that one.
    NEW SPLIT - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

I really like SdV, and while it does smell like straight vanilla if I sniff the bottle, on me it is quite different on the skin (the pepper and cedar are more noticeable - maybe rose?), and different again on a card (kinda cherry spice - I kept sniffing it for days)! IMO SdV is a beautiful vanilla scent.

Having said that, I find it a little feminine and gave my daughter my bottle for her 18th birthday - She's now stopped using my colognes, but I still sneak a bit of SdV sometimes ........ like right now

Now at the other end of the spectrum....TFTV is fantastic too - pretty full on tobacco and vanilla - just like the man said....

@Dark Caesar, please don't give up on these two - You have two very different and great frags in your hands ...IMHO

Tobacco Vanille smells great to me...I can't wait until I buy a bottle this fall...

Pure Coffee, to me, is the least gourmand of the three. Once the ground coffee and mild sweetness fades, it's all about patchouli. I like it a lot, and wear it way more than A*Men or Pure Malt.

I'm a big tobacco fan, but I just don't get Tobacco Vanille at all. It smells just like a generic vanilla candle, to me. Maybe my sample is off, but I find it to be very sweet, and very bland. I understand that some may like that, but I've yet to find any more tobacco in it that one might find in a vanilla flavored White Owl cigar.

I've never tried the Double Vanille, but I can tell it's not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Caesar View Post

My favorite out of the 3 would be Spirtueuse Double Vanille, but I wonder if I wore it would everyone think I had a baking accident and spilled sweet Vanilla Extract on myself.
    Depends on where and who you socialize with. Generally yes, the people not exposed to high end perfumes will comment similarly to yours above. But generally those exposed to niche will probably ask you "what boozy vanilla is that?".

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by A. Homme View Post
    I'm a big tobacco fan, but I just don't get Tobacco Vanille at all. It smells just like a generic vanilla candle, to me. Maybe my sample is off, but I find it to be very sweet, and very bland.
    Exactly my thought!

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    IMO:

1) Tobacco Vanille
    2) Pure Coffee
    754) Spirituese Double Vanille
    *LOL* re Spirituese Double Vanille - it sort of disappointed me and I 'm a huge vanilla fan . A vanilla from Guerlain should knock my socks off but it didn't.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I didn't like Tom Ford Tobacco Vanille when I tried it. SDV though? Good stuff!

I have recently found S. Double Vanille. I'm in LOVE. It has a hint of tobacco at dry down. I think it's work the money for a great scent.

Quote Originally Posted by psychoskip View Post
    I have recently found S. Double Vanille. I'm in LOVE. It has a hint of tobacco at dry down. I think it's work the money for a great scent.
    I get more booze than tobacco, but I agree - it is very nice. A little feminine though... I am trying to figure out what I could layer it with sometimes to make it a little more masculine.

I love TFTV also - one of my favorites. But I have heard others say it just smells like a vanilla candle (my wife for one).
    Seasonal favorites:

1. Creed - Pure White Cologne
    2. Creed - Aventus
    3. Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
    by Kilian - Straight to Heaven
    5. Clive Christian - 1872
    6. Montale - Aoud Legacy
    7. Xerjoff - Nio
    8. Neela Vermeire - Bombay Bling
    9. The Different Company - De Bachmakov
    10. Chanel - Allure Homme Edition Blanche

I dislike pure coffee, like Tobacco Vanille, and utterly adore SDV. I wore it a few days ago and smiled every time I got a whiff. Best vanilla by far, and worth every penny to me. I don't find it feminine at all on my skin.
    Current Top Five:

1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

Quote Originally Posted by barclaydetolly View Post
    I dislike pure coffee, like Tobacco Vanille, and utterly adore SDV. I wore it a few days ago and smiled every time I got a whiff. Best vanilla by far, and worth every penny to me. I don't find it feminine at all on my skin.
    I did not find it feminine at all either.

The price tag is a bit hefty, however.

Haven't tried Pure Coffee, but I adore Tobacco Vanille and even more so, SDV. I don't get the straight up vanilla extract that some people get. On my skin it opens up with a big powdery rose, then reveals a heart of incense and dries down to a syrupy vanilla with some kind of amber in the background.

I didn't get all that similarity between Pure malt and Pure Coffee.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I do not know how anyone can mistake black licourice with tobacco.
    I agree.
    In fact, the opening smells like a tobacconist shop, with its delightful explosion of varied scents from its myriad of apothecary jars, and a concomitant assortment of fragrant spices.

I'm a big fan of Tobacco Vanille, wonderful scent. Pure Coffee is distinctly average and finally SDV although very pleasant, I find extremely over hyped/priced.

Y'all crazy! SDV is divine.

While I like all of these from the list, SDV is my favorite (top 3 of all time) then probably TV, then probably Pure Coffee.

But, Pure Coffee to me smelled nothing like Pure Malt, in fact all the Mugler flankers I have been surprised at how different they are compared to how people talk about them. When I want to smell like coffee though, I reach for Pure Coffee, I haven't come across anything that has that strong of a coffee note.

Tobacco Vanille I'm less impressed with, just based on price, it doesn't deserve a $200 price tag. There is no way I get anything close to licorice though, and I'm very sensitive to the note.

I am using the extent of my 5ml sample. It only takes a couple sprays. I love the smell of it, but it is undoubtedly a cold-weather scent to me.

Dependent

i love double vanille!!!