Code of Conduct

Default First compliment ever

Female co-worker : -Could I ask what's your fragrance ?
    Me : -Oh, you like it ?
    -Yes, what is it ?
    -Do you know the Thierry Mugler brand ?
    -Ehm, no.
    -Well, that's from it, it's simply called "Cologne"

Then 10min later she asked me to spell it for her so she can check this scent and the other ones of the brand next time she goes to perfume shop. Maybe a new addict ?

Well, I thought I would never get compliments since I wear fragrances regularly for 2 years now and never had any (except my mother), so I used to think my "2 and a half sprays" are often barely noticeable by other people , but it seems I was wrong.
    Anyway, I don't wear fragrances to get noticed but it's always a pleasure for a fragrance enthusiast to garner a compliment !
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

Default Re: First compliment ever

Congrats! Feels good yea?

I can see that 2 1/2 sprays going 10...hahahah good for ya mate!

Congratulations, Your good taste influenciate well to others to fell good wearing fragrances ... viva !
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by b0n3z
    Congrats! Feels good yea?
    Sure, was a great way to start the day !

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    I can see that 2 1/2 sprays going 10
    Hehe I see what you mean But I think I'll stick with that amount at least at work, if I'm noticed yet, I wouldn't like it turns cloying

I think the reason to you dont get much compliments its for the short application!

I use 6 sprays of anything at minimum

Score! It does feel great doesn't it? Like having a smell mirror show you how good you smell to the world.

Great news. No doubt the first compliment is long overdue.
    That girl, that bottle, that mattress and me.

Congrats!

Got my first one yesterday, too. It was Sean John's Unforgivable ... sigh.

How nice! It feels so wonderful to get a nice comment.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Congrats! I don't get complimented on fragrance by coworkers often either. I rotate my scent all the time too, so I know some of it has to smell good to someone! : ) I have always found it strange, because I always give compliments to people freely about their clothes, make up, perfume, hair, whatever. I think a lot of people just sometimes forget its okay to be nice and compliment others unsolicited. I am sure you have smelled marvelous the past two years. : )
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Very nice!

I've got mixed feelings about compliments: it is nice, but it means I overapplied. On the other hand, there are perfume enthusiasts that are quite keen on complementing others, something making for excellent conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Moon View Post
    I rotate my scent all the time too, so I know some of it has to smell good to someone! : )
    Same here, I almost never wear a scent 2 days in a row, so at least if one of my fragrances would really offend anyone, she/he doesn't have to endure it daily
    And just like you said, there's also an increased chance that at least 1 or 2 in my rotation is appreciated by the majority.

That's wonderful! I never get compliments, either, except from my husband. Well, and the one time from my mom over Fumerie Turque of all things. I bet other people liked your scents, too, and were maybe too shy or self-conscious to say anything.

At least you get complimented on something that isn't slightly embarassing to tell the name of. I got the most compliments for Hotel Slut from ELDO.

Although I don't know whats more ackward that I want to smell like a hotel slut or that guys love the smell of them ( maybe reminds them of someone hmm?)
    But once you get locked into a serious perfume collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can.

I got my first compliment the other day from a friend I hadn't seen in a while. The only downside was she was too embarrassed to ask me what I was wearing at the time. She sent me a text message a couple hours after we went out to ask what it was I was wearing.

Either way though, it really felt good to get a compliment. Congrats!

I don't usually get that many either, and when I do, it's always on something unexpected. I just got one yesterday while I was wearing Sean Jean's I Am King. That particular scent has such short longevity that I would've never thought anyone would notice it.

I've also gotten compliments in the last 6 months on such unexpected fragrances as Boss Pure by Hugo Boss and my son's cheap Cuba Wild Heart. Meanwhile, I sometimes wear more expensive and unique scents and never get anything. Go figure