Code of Conduct

Thumbs down Five O'clock Au Gingembre: Reformulated?

I went to the mall the other day. I smelled 5 clock Au Gingembre. I am comparing this from the sample I have and from the bottle from the Shiseido shop. First of all I noticed that the color of the liquid changed. From my sample, the liquid is brownish. The one from the shop was greyish.

From my sample, the brown liquid, is headier, thicker, cinnamony, smoky, smells like with a drop of furmerie turque in it.....kind of gourmandish scent. I prefer this one.

The one from the Shiseido shop, greyish liquid, was a bit transparent and light. Smells totally different. I don't like it.

Default Re: Five O'clock Au Gingembre: Reformulated?

Any chance of you going back and asking them how long their bottle has been on display? I wonder if it's just a bottle that's oxidized? I've only tried it at one shop here but it seems to be the same as your sample.

Possible due to oxidation. However, the SA herself did notice the color change with the juice itself. She said, the older tester bottles they had were brown and the new tester bottle they have is greyish liquid. Oh well....doesn't bother me. Find the old one then. hahaha

I have a sample from launch, and a bottle from earlier this year. I notice very little difference in the color of the juice. I never perceived 5OClock as heady or thick...it has always been less intense than the typical Lutens oriental. Unless it has had a reformulation in the past 4 months, I would say that the juice has just aged differently.
    -

After what they did with Chergui, I'm not surprised if it is indeed a reformulation... Color differences aside, I wouldn't discount a BNer's nose.

Also notice no difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    After what they did with Chergui, I'm not surprised if it is indeed a reformulation... Color differences aside, I wouldn't discount a BNer's nose.
    +1. Especially when we're talking about Serge Lutens...

Oooh I don't like this, it's on my to buy list. I'm feeling the need for a purchase before the "grey" sets in....
    Thanks for the heads up volley