Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default SotD Wednesday 25 May -11

Good morning everyone.... Feeling rather zombielike this morning....Even so sleepy that I'm not even nervous about today's exam... Thanks a million for all the good luck wishes yesterday I don't feel prepared at all, but will do my best. Sotd is chosen from the "Pick my tomorrow's sotd thread" ( or something like that) and he did well I'm in Shalimar today. Hopefully it will make me feel fearless and strong!!

Default Re: SotD Wednesday 25 May -11

Aventus by Creed

Guerlain's Jicky 1980s Parfum, smooth, deep and animalic.

Today I'm in Molinard's Habanita.

Mr. G - you smell great!

Good morning!

After shower, I'll be in Bond No.9 Bryant Park.

Sending good vibes to ineespenes! Good to see you posting again, Brielle!

I have an early morning tomorrow, something I heartily dislike, so I think I will be doing a third day in Givenchy III, just to keep things a little less complicated for me come 7:30am (for those of you who customarily awaken with the dawn I am aware that 7:30 is akin to sleeping in). Take care, all.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Hmmm, I still smell the Balmain de Balmain from last night. (perfume) I just have to re-apply!

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Hello all. Wearing Serge Lutens Santal Blanc.
    DONNA

Just popping in very quickly to say today I'm in AdP Colonia.

Best to all!

Dzongkha.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Good luck ineespenes!

Wearing Mugler Cologne.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. SotD is Penhaligon's Endymion.

Delighted to see Brielle return yesterday. You've been missed- welcome back !

Good Morning!!

SotD as chosen on the pick my scent thread(or something like that) is 1000 by Patou.

Brielle, welcome back.
    Ducki, much better picture today, lol.
    Inees, good luck today, hun.
    Jon, any rain yet?

Take care my loves and have a lovely day.
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Mure et Musc Extreme, the last of the little sample. Love this, and it's among the very exclusive group of scents that are DH-approved, it got the highest praise of "that smells OK". actually reminds me of the Body Shop Dewberry body wash, and I didn't expect to like it so much, threw it in as a something-different in a sample order, but wow. It is very lovely in the heat, too, which is a big deal down here.

I will buy it someday - I think the Keiko Meicheri Datura Blanche won for the this summer buy though. But if some extra money comes in, this is a close #2 contender.

LOVE your stylish pic, FrouFrou!

Brielle and jasper, so nice to see you back!

JonR, I guess we are getting all your rain. The grass is growing thick, Mr.T has to mow every four days, between the rains and his cursing.

Kenzo Jungle L'Elephant again, thanks goodness we are still cool, perhaps will even close the windows to keep it warm inside.

Pick your scent thread, some of you have said? I will check that.

Basenotes Plus

Welcome back Brielle and Jasper, you've been missed!

Annick Goutal Musc Nomade. A lovely, gentle vegetal musk with an herbal accent. Clean-smelling without going sharp the way some musks can do.

Notes: Muscone, white musk stemming from angelica root and ambrette seed, tonka beans, labdanum, Bombay wood (a variety of papyrus)

Take care, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

Brielle and Jasper, nice to see you back!

SotD is Michelle Bergman Black Gardenia Perfume Oil. For the 1st 15 minutes all I could think was,
    wow, shouldn't wear this in the morning. I'd forgotten how potent this is, but now it's settling
    down and it's really nice. Pure gardenia and nothing else as far as I can tell. I like it way better
    than Kai, but my favorite is still Gardenia Petale by VC & A.

Basenotes Plus

It's warm here, a bit too warm for my favorite flowers: tall bearded iris. Just looking at a bed of iris, with their array of colors, makes me smile. The Presby Iris Garden is just a town (or two) over from me in Upper Montclair. Think I'll take my camera for a little stroll before the heat gets too intense.

Scent today is Aqua de Parma's Iris Nobile edt. From bois de jasmine: "Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile was created by perfumers Francis Kurkdjian and Françoise Caron of Quest in 2004" They are referring to the edt. The edp was created by Francoise Caron alone. Notes: "Iris Nobile EDT includes notes of bergamot, mandarin, iris petals, star anise, cedar flower, iris petals, orange blossom, iris, amber, vanilla" Quotes are from a review by bois de jasmine on February 21, 2007.

The avatar is a photo I took of iris in my garden.

This is a photo from Presby Iris Garden:
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Caron Pour Un Homme

34 boulevard st germain, which I'm falling in love with unexpectedly.
    There is a singular joy in the experience of receiving perfume by mail. It is one of life's great little pleasures - one that more should have the pleasure of knowing.

Blog Entries

I'm anticipating the roses by a few weeks, wearing Creed Fleur de Thé Rose Bulgare.

The bushes all have small buds on them-- yay!

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by shoegal68 View Post
    Jon, any rain yet?
    Afraid not, but at least the Icelandic ash cloud seems to be dispersing and moving away before reaching us - thank heaven for small mercies.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Wednesday 25 May -11

Patricia de Nicolaï

NEW YORK
    Parfums de Nicolaï
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

What _does_ one wear to the dentist? Inspired by Robin-in-FL, I'm in Mure et Musc. Does anyone know who the perfumer for the original was?

RHM, what a lovely picture of iris beds!
    I think I must wear FM Iris Poudre again, just because of that pic! And, also, because I enjoyed it so much yesterday

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Czech & Speake No 88.

Notes include bergamot, geranium, vetiver, sandalwood, rose otto and frangipani.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Scent of the Evening

A Gentleman's Cologne

(Pre-1989 Pour Monsieur)

Guerlain - Sous le Vent

Wearing Hypnotic Poison as picked out for me by b0n3z on the game thread. One of my favorites, now to see if it survives the barn.

Good Afternoon

SotD:Cherries by Oriflame
    SotE:Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain(i will buy a big bottle of long -wanting AL'O soon )

Enjoy your Wednesday everybody!
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Coeur de Vétiver Sacré by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Good morning everyone -

I'm in Lady Vengeance. Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Wow, a great presentation! Have never seen this before. Is it an American release? Is it yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post

The spring weather has been great for rediscovering the floral scents at the back of my closet. Today it's Gió de Giorgio Armani, a lush floral that must have tuberose and maybe orange blossom, since it smells so honeyish on my skin.

Creed ~ Vintage Tabarome (sample)

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee View Post
    Sending good vibes to ineespenes! Good to see you posting again, Brielle!
    Ditto to both of these!

I'm wearing Lilly Pulitzer Squeeeeezzze...

It's that time of year again...time for the cheery fruities and sweeties. I really love this one. It was a Christmas gift two Christmases ago. It's still pristine, I'm such a geek. I'm sentimental about gifts, too.

I'm house twins with Donna in Lutens Fille en Aiguilles. Heavy, gray skies with storms threatening, FeA just seemed perfect.

Good luck, Inees!

Gorgeous picture, RHM!

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Cotswold Perfumery Amber.

May 25, 2011

212 Men by Carolina Herrera
    +"Do you spray below the waist?"
    +"Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful." - Albert Schweitzer
    +"All blame is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame him, it will not change you." - Dr. W. Dyer

I was at the shop this afternoon and I saw ''Youth dew'' and I thought, ''I have never given that one a serious try'', so I sprayed a good dollop on my left arm.
    And then I saw ''Midnight Poison'', and I thought; ''I really really need to try that one, I have read such good things about it on Basenotes''. So I gave my right arm a good solid spray.
    Now I'm home.
    And it's all a bit overwhelming....

Love midnight Poison though!
    I should have done only one I think...
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

www.aafke-art.com

Tester of Chanel's Bois de Iles. I really love this but it is gone so quickly. I am testing the EDT. Maybe the pure parfum would do better? *sigh*

Basenotes Institution

Inees- good luck with the exam, girl !

Feeling much better today re. the damned cold- I think I zapped it with DayQuil and NyQuil .......

This morning it's an old favorite I have pulled out - Ajne Fleur Blanche. Beautiful, calming. I love Ajne - big fan .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

I appreciate seeing all the drive-bys, hanging-in-theres, and resurrecting posters. I'm looking at you in particular, my former hostess with the mostest, Brielle!

Fascinating photo, FrouFrou. Of course, the woman can't sit with her back to the chair, but this is all about art, not comfort. Full blasts of Youth Dew and Midnight Poison? Hide your children, mothers.

Va-va-va-voom iris scene you found to share, RHM.

Jon, you can come soak your parched hide in one of our six rain barrels. They're all overflowing again. Good day for rain here since I have plenty of desk work to huddle over.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Mure et Musc Extreme, the last of the little sample. Love this, and it's among the very exclusive group of scents that are DH-approved, it got the highest praise of "that smells OK".
    I can relate.

Mimi, I hope that cold virus peters out quickly. Many thanks again to you and Matildaben for all the samples now strewn under my computer monitor.

Rain + work + samples = cozy contentment. Given the cool and damp weather, I was attracted to the L’Artisan Vanilla sample this morning -- r-e-a-l-l-y attracted. I don't normally care about vanilla-starring fragrances, but this tobacco-imitating amber note and restrained sweetness are proving once again that sooner or later there will be a beautiful fragrance that defies one's preferences. The scent is old news release-wise (b. 1978) and now supposedly discontinued, but it's new to me today, and I'm digging it.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Mr. G, unfortunately no. I simply googled gor Mitsouko when this showed up. I really liked the box design and did not notice immediately that the bottle had the same on. It was a Japanese site, maybe it is just for demonstration or fun or whatever.

SotE: Inspired by the Habanita thread (revived) I am wearing Habanita Extrait with Enslaved Extrait on my right wrist to compare. I think Habanita Extrait goes through the floral heart much faster and Enslaved smells more of quality ( to my unprofessional nose). All in all they are very close to my perception with the Habanita on the tad 'greener', 'harsher' (not positive) side, but eventually it is a matter of taste. Enslaved produces a bit more sillage than Habanita and is more long-lived. If memory serves well, quite a bit so.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Grand Duc View Post
    Scent of the Evening

A Gentleman's Cologne
    As usual, this one lasted as long as a grannie
    would in a WWF Fight, so, scent of the night:

DIOR ADDICT
    - extrait -

... should last me untill bedtime!

Hi Everyone, SOTD is 'Armani Code'

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bond No. 9 H.O.T. Always today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    I was attracted to the L’Artisan Vanilla sample this morning -- r-e-a-l-l-y attracted. I don't normally care about vanilla-starring fragrances, but this tobacco-imitating amber note and restrained sweetness are proving once again that sooner or later there will be a beautiful fragrance that defies one's preferences. The scent is old news release-wise (b. 1978) and now supposedly discontinued, but it's new to me today, and I'm digging it.
    Restrained sweetness? Are we talking about the same Vanilia? It comes on totally candy-like for me. Actually I think that must be ethylmaltol because I tried Profumum's Vanitas last night and it had a very similar opening note. Anyway, as far as I know, it is discontinued, although they have several bottles at Essenza in Seattle. I bought 100ml mainly so I could use it for swaps; it's not my favorite vanilla but I'll give it a chance to grow on me.

Per danho, I'm wearing Y by Yves Saint Laurent. Excellent suggestion - I smell marvelous!

Good to see you, Brielle!

Beyond Love - By Kilian, from a sample.

Basenotes Institution

Extract of Mysore Sandalwood by Crabtree & Evelyn

I'm sort of addicted to this stuff.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Blog Entries

Oh, I am a lost woman! I wear a spritz of Hermessence Iris Yuke... can't spell it... and I thought I won't like it but boy I do. On another arm I wear a spritz of Brin reglisse. I only used a tiny spritz and set the vial aside because for some reason I was sure I would hate it. Really?? Nooooooo! I love it too! Even better! So far the only one I am NOT falling in love with is Osmanthe Yunnan, and THAT is the one I was eying forever!
    (Deb and T, I think I should be sniffing these blind )

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    Aventus by Creed

You smell great!

Mimi, I hope that cold virus peters out quickly. Many thanks again to you and Matildaben for all the samples now strewn under my computer monitor.
    Are you still a game for EDC vintage, Q? Please PM me your address along with your thoughts about Seneca's aphorism. Please.

Rain + work + samples = cozy contentment. Given the cool and damp weather, I was attracted to the L’Artisan Vanilla sample this morning -- r-e-a-l-l-y attracted. I don't normally care about vanilla-starring fragrances, but this tobacco-imitating amber note and restrained sweetness are proving once again that sooner or later there will be a beautiful fragrance that defies one's preferences. The scent is old news release-wise (b. 1978) and now supposedly discontinued, but it's new to me today, and I'm digging it.
    What you said. I tried it in the store and you described my feelings about it exactly. Same -- I am usually not attracted to vanillas, but this one is the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by matildaben View Post
    Restrained sweetness? Are we talking about the same Vanilia? It comes on totally candy-like for me. Actually I think that must be ethylmaltol because I tried Profumum's Vanitas last night and it had a very similar opening note. Anyway, as far as I know, it is discontinued, although they have several bottles at Essenza in Seattle. I bought 100ml mainly so I could use it for swaps; it's not my favorite vanilla but I'll give it a chance to grow on me.
    Ahhhhhh! If this really is the same stuff that Q is talking about and that I tried, will you lead me by the hand to these bottles when I am in Seattle? Pleaseplaseplease? BTW, I believe the blind sniff is the following weekend.

Brielle, welcome back. How good to see you here.
    Larrimar, I consider this luck, but let's see what will I say when my sample of Amouage Gold is gone. Perhaps, I will just buy another one?

Quote Originally Posted by Robin-in-FL View Post
    Mure et Musc Extreme, very exclusive group of scents that are DH-approved, it got the highest praise of "that smells OK".
    ROFL! That is EXACTLY what is is high praise for my DH too! Hilarious. He's happy if it doesn't trigger a migraine.

Speaking of migraines. I have to share my frustrations with people who will (I think) appreciate this: So, I'm on the prowl for a possible (likely) Chanel purchase. There are so many I'm loving and only so much alotted to the cause until next month. So, Chanel No. 5 lasts 30-60 minutes on me. Simply cannot do it though I love it. So, I applied Bois de Iles today. Love it, but not great longevity. I'm smelling my little sample vial of No. 22 and am anxious to see if it will stay longer than No. 5 and was to apply it for the evening sotd since BDI is long gone. As I'm closing the tester, it flips out of my fingers, arcing toward my left and dumping the ENTIRE contents of the vial on my left arm, scrub top and bottom and all over my driver's side door as I am still in my car. I am horrified and upset at the waste of this precious liquid! I get home to change my scrubs and am retelling this to my DH who replies in typical redneck fashion "Yeah, I can smell you from here. (some distance away) So are you telling me you smell like a $10.00 one"? He thinks he's being funny and discreet because our 9 year old son is within earshot. My reply was that I hope I smelled like a much more expensive "one" than $10.00 as it is Chanel after all! He was amused. I was not.

But on the bright side, it's been 6 hours and it's still faintly discernible to me. Maybe the EDP would be do-able.
    Still hard to tell how long it would last as I don't intend to bathe in it again! My migraine is receding.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by cocogirl View Post
    I'm smelling my little sample vial of No. 22 and am anxious to see if it will stay longer than No. 5 and was to apply it for the evening sotd since BDI is long gone. As I'm closing the tester, it flips out of my fingers, arcing toward my left and dumping the ENTIRE contents of the vial on my left arm, scrub top and bottom and all over my driver's side door as I am still in my car. I am horrified and upset at the waste of this precious liquid!
    Sorry to hear about your No. 22 sample, Cocogirl, I've had that happen a couple of times too. At least your car smells terrific!!

SotE is Yves Rocher Voile de Ambre.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Traversee du Bosphore today.

I'm on a mini vacation starting tonight! Don't have to be back to work 'til next Thursday!

I'm trying Monyette Paris edp from a sample vial this evening. Hmm...this one might not be fore me. It's starting to make feel me a little queasy. Too bad.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Vintage Bel Ami tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon