Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford and I had a good day

Wore a sample of M7 this morning/afternoon...a sample of Noir de Noir this evening. Loved/Loving every second...except now I think I'll be adding two more to my every-growing Buy list (stupid hobby)
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Default Re: Tom Ford and I had a good day

Definitely two great scents, and perhaps the best Tom Fords (together perhaps with the didascalic Oud Wood and the fresh Grey Vetiver. and assuming you're not game for Gucci Rush).

cacio

something must be wrong with my nose as i seem to be the only person who was letdown (and by a large margin) oud wood. i agree about noir de noir though, that stuff is perfection to me

M7 is indeed a great scent.

Do not like Noir de Noir whatsoever. Tobacco Vanille is my favorite Tom Ford.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Vintage M7 and Noir de Noir are both great masculine scents. They can be too much when over applied, so be very easy on the spritzer.

Like both, good scents.

I was disappointed to find that the M7 in a local shop that I had been eyeing was not vintage. Nor was the Michael Kors they had. I'll keep looking.

Cacio: didascalic.....as an eighth grade English teacher, I'm a word nerd. Nice job!!

I loved M7 more and more as the day passed. Noir de Noir instantly became one of my wife's favorites on me. I loved the blend of rose and oud in the first hour or so...but then the oud passed, and I mainly just smelled rose. It was okay, but I liked it less at that stage. I fell asleep before I reach the vanilla stage I've heard about (I love vanilla).

lm6: I didn't care much for Oud Wood either. Was okay, just not for me.

I have a Tobacco Vanille sample in vial form. Will be transferring it to an atomizer this afternoon. Probably sample it later this week. Looking forward to it. Also have a vial of Tom Ford for Men Extreme. Ford and I are quickly becoming good buds. I love TF for Men, and Grey Vetiver is the only vetiver-heavy scent I've liked so far. Add that with The One, another love of mine, and Ford seems to have my attention.
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Congrats on the great fragrance tastes, both are perfect choices.

Blog Entries

Love both vintage M7 and Noir de Noir!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I am so jealous of you, Vintage M7? Damn, I want some. lol. Congragulatons and enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by amw9490 View Post
    Do not like Noir de Noir whatsoever. Tobacco Vanille is my favorite Tom Ford.
    +1, bingo

Tuscan Leather is the Tom Ford I would like to have.

Blog Entries

Tom Ford has not disappointed me yet (Arabian Wood, Bois Marocain, Lavender Palm, Tobacco Vanille, and Tuscan Leather).

Of the twelve or so Tom Fords I own, I am only disappointed with Black Violet occasionally. I usually just leave it in my wife's drawer.

Transferred Tobacco Vanille from a vial to an atomizer this afternoon. Smelled so good that I was tempted to drink it. Can't wait to try it on!! Wore Noir de Noir again this evening, but put it on earlier so I'd be awake through its stages Picked up the vanilla scent I've read about, but it was faint. Probably have enough left for 1-2 more wears. We'll see how it plays out.