Code of Conduct

Thread: Curve for men.

Default Curve for men.

Got the full gift package of Curve for men today. Only ended up costing me around 30$. I figured since it was apparently so popular I would have smelled it many times before, but I can honestly say I never have. So it must not be popular in my little corner of the world!

I wasn't expecting much from Curve. I didn't even expect to like it. But in all honesty I find it incredibly pleasant.

I have smelled A&F Fierce before though, and I find these two to be almost identical, if not identical.

I'm curious as to what you all think of Curve. Looking at the reviews though, it looks as though I'm not alone in my appreciation of this frag.

Default Re: Curve for men.

I like it, but then I don't like it. Projection is ideal, longevity is so & so. But what bothers me are the chemical smells that come through. Sometimes it smells like glue, other times, it just smells like a bunch of chemicals mixed together. The citrus in this though is zesty and fresh, if less chemical odors came through.. I think it would smell quite natural actually. I've come across far better things in its price range, and even lower.. Curve is a pass for me.

I think it smells really good too.
    Renato

I don't care for this one at all.

Not a bad scent. However, with so many fragrances available, "not a bad scent" doesn't make the cut anymore.

Loved it back in the day. I find absolutely no resemblance with Fierce though.

Basenotes Plus

In my neck of the woods, an alarmingly low proportion of men actually wear anything at all, so curve would work well if I ever felt like wearing it. You can't really go "wrong" with it, but I personally don't see how it differs much from laundry detergent.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolinist View Post
    In my neck of the woods, an alarmingly low proportion of men actually wear anything
    That's exactly what I've noticed in my city as well. I could probably count the number of guys I smell wearing anything in a day on one hand. And I work at a grocery store so I encounter hundreds of people daily.

Curve was my first purchase at a department store fragrance counter, recommended (maybe pushed) by the sales associate. To me, it has a wintergreen note that I don't like, and very poor longevity (an hour maybe). Got me a negative comment as well. It's failures though, along with online resources, led me to this hobby. For that I am thankful.

This was my go to scent but since I am older now (28) I have decided to retire it. I am now a Creed Fan, too many too list.

I really loved Curve, one of the first fragrances I bought after browsing this website and getting into fragrance. I loved the scent but hated the longevity and especially the projection. Scented water springs to mind, I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff tasted nice!

Now, if curve was made in an EdP kinda strength I'd snap it up!

Quote Originally Posted by boosh View Post
    I really loved Curve, one of the first fragrances I bought after browsing this website and getting into fragrance. I loved the scent but hated the longevity and especially the projection. Scented water springs to mind, I wouldn't be surprised if this stuff tasted nice!

Now, if curve was made in an EdP kinda strength I'd snap it up!
    Loved its Longevity but hated its Projection and Sillage. With two sprays you can smell it from a mile a way and specially if you are catching a draft from someone.

FOND FOND memories of this in highschool. i say it s a classic. and smell divine i love it. wear and be happy

Quote Originally Posted by blacklibran1 View Post
    FOND FOND memories of this in highschool. i say it s a classic. and smell divine i love it. wear and be happy
    okay... I have to half-agree with this.

I like the scent enough and wear it occasionally, although at times, I find it too sweet and slightly chemical. I have actually developed a mild fondness for the chemical note and for that reason, it has started to develop a nostalgic vibe.

It certainly has the potential to be a classic and may very well be to others... I may not have the history with it to know.

I do agree with wear and be happy.

Regards,

...NDN-01!!!

I have always respected this scent.....I never thought of wearing this because my Son loved it so much.....Brings back great memories of my Son when He was still in His teens.....He really loved Curve, and I believe He still does.....Those days seem long gone.....Wow!!!
    Gary

Why do women love this so much :O ?
    The sense of smell, like a faithful counsellor, foretells its character.

I recently tried it (from a bottle that was at least a few years old) and thought it smelled good, though when smelled up close on the skin the "synthetic" quality was obvious.

Heard curve Soul smells less synthetic.. Anyone know?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If you like curve, you will love both Kiton for men and Chanel Platinum Egoiste

Quote Originally Posted by chinamen_6 View Post
    Heard curve Soul smells less synthetic.. Anyone know?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Curve soul id great and yes it is less synthetic than it's counterpart.

- - - Updated - - -

I hate to say that my appreciation for curve dwindled when Elizabeth Arden took over the rights of Claiborne. It is nowhere near the scent it used to be..... But its not Curves fault

I think it is quite pleasant smelling. I hardly every reach for it though. Girls seem to love it.

Curve Soul- i didn't like this. I think original Curve is better, and is safer. I bought a bottle and sold it shortly after