Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 60 of 75
  1. #1

    Default Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I put on this stuff yesterday and it smelled good to me, I felt like biting myself as odd as that sounds. It's expensive, but it smells very good from the sample I tried yesterday. Maybe it's because of my age group? I'm 17 but I'm not sure, it smells heavenly to me. I think I'm going to order it alongside Rochas Men.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Mostly because it's perceived to be a blatant rip off of Creed's Millesime Imperial. Many here have some disdain for people who basically copy another company's successful scent. In the case of someone copying a very expensive scent, it can give the impression that the user is "posing," buying the cheaper scent but claiming to wear the more expensive one.

    It's a lot cheaper than Creed and not everyone hates it. If you like it, don't worry about it. Wear it. At 17, you need to watch you money.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I dislike it because the smell nauseates me. I blind bought a miniature of it and ten minutes after I opened it I took it out to the garbage cans on the curb.

    But so what? If you like it, then by all means get it. I think you would do better with Mugler Cologne, but that's just one person's opinion.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I personally love it and all its flankers. Wear what you like my friend and be proud of it.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    this is a tr8 pantie dropper
    has gotten me to many compliments
    and girls wanting to Be around me allnight at the cluB just for how i smell

  6. #6

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    this is a tr8 pantie dropper
    what a term?!?!?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    girls wanting to Be around me allnight at the cluB just for how i smell
    Just for your smell? Not for your personality? attitude? brains? What kind of women are those?

    Just asking...

  7. #7
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & Bzios
    Posts
    79,247

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    I dislike it because the smell nauseates me.
    Ditto.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    After spritzing some on my significant other at Walmart (yes, they sell it at the W) I got a bottle for him because it smells great on him. That was about two years ago, and he wears it most days now. It has replaced several other award-winning designer and niche scents I'd given him. I've preferred other scents on other men, but this just seems to fit him to a T. If it works that way for you, wear it and enjoy!

  9. #9

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Mostly because it's perceived to be a blatant rip off of Creed's Millesime Imperial. Many here have some disdain for people who basically copy another company's successful scent. In the case of someone copying a very expensive scent, it can give the impression that the user is "posing," buying the cheaper scent but claiming to wear the more expensive one.

    It's a lot cheaper than Creed and not everyone hates it. If you like it, don't worry about it. Wear it. At 17, you need to watch you money.
    Very true.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I dont hate it,i just dont like it.If you like it dont listen to others,just wear it.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    what a term?!?!?



    Just for your smell? Not for your personality? attitude? brains? What kind of women are those?

    Just asking...
    Don't question the fact that "I am King!"

  12. #12

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    It's half-decent copy of Millesime Imperial.
    Sean John's Multi-Platinum version of Unforgivable, was a fully-decent copy of millesime Imperial with some extra musks and tonka bean, very nice indeed.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I understand now LA, fully. Deja Vu because an hour ago I read that Axe Dark Temptation smelled a lot like Rochas. I don't mean to be elitist, but I never want anyone to think i'm wearing Axe. Axe to me is synonymous with puking, annoying when guys spray it around the locker room like Febreze.

  14. #14
    Basenotes Junkie lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    To be perfectly honest, I would never try it because there is a REAL disconnect that I would be wearing a fragrance represented by Puff Daddy or Pee Ditty (sp?) or whatever. I want the name (and sometimes even the face) behind the frag to exude real sophistication and elegance. This is the same reason why I won't try Givenchy Play: Justin Timberlake. Nothing against either man's talent.

    I know that many of you think it should be solely about the fragrance. That's fair, and I respect everyone's opinions. Further, Unforgivable may be a LOVELY scent. It boils down to what fragrances "do" for each of us. For me, it smells the way I want it to smell, and it says about me what I want it to say. And in my humble opinion, the celebrities are part of that.

    Again, this is just me.
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

    "Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

    "It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

  15. #15

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I can't judge you on that. I'd biased heavily against Axe at the moment. Awful awful connotation it carries with me

  16. #16
    Basenotes Junkie lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    I can't judge you on that. I'd biased heavily against Axe at the moment. Awful awful connotation it carries with me
    Could you be more specific?
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

    "Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

    "It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

  17. #17

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Blech. Just guys spraying it around like nuts in the locker room. As I'm a couch potato, I was close to puking after running only 1.5 mile(hahah no making fun :P), I ran straight into the bathroom for a drink, then felt like puking. Some goof heavily dosed the room with axe after, and I ran straight to the toilet, and was THIS close to puking. It felt worse than NOT being able to puke as odd as that is.

    Just my rant .

  18. #18
    Basenotes Junkie lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post

    Just my rant .
    Well, we're all entitled to our rants, my friend.
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

    "Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

    "It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

  19. #19

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I'm not a fan of Unforgivable either, but I don't think something being a "blatant ripoff of xxx" is enough reason to hate a fragrance.

    There are thousands of fragrances to choose from, so there's definitely no shortage of uniqueness and originality. You just have to put for the effort to sift and search for the perfect and unique ones. Besides, CW is a blatant and intentional ripoff of GIT. And I'm sure a lot of people appreciate CW for being a cheaper alternative to a great but expensive fragrance.

    Judge Unforgivable on its merit as a fragrance and not for being MI junior. With that being said, I think Unforgivable smells bad. That's just me.

    I'd be perfectly fine with cheaper clones of really expensive fragrances, as long as they can stand on its own as an excellent fragrance, copycat or otherwise.

  20. #20
    Basenotes Plus
    JON RODGERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    10,956

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    this is a tr8 pantie dropper
    has gotten me to many compliments
    and girls wanting to Be around me allnight at the cluB just for how i smell
    As opposed to your personality and attitude towards the opposite sex in general, presumably.
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 27th May 2011 at 08:13 AM.

  21. #21

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    what a term?!?!?



    Just for your smell? Not for your personality? attitude? brains? What kind of women are those?

    Just asking...
    it is a way to call it , com'on don'tBe so serious aBout it, ease off
    yeah people call pantie dropper to the scents that gets a lot of female attention

    i aint even gonna lie i gotta a lot of game
    and im the Best to know that the fragrance a person wears
    it hardly influences the attraction of a woman
    But it can Be a point playing to a men's favor
    when she feels already attracted.

    so when i say girls want to Be around me all night at the cluB just for how i smell
    im talking aBout that Being kind of an excuse of them to keep hanging around with me all night

    asking... yeah sure.

    ok there's your response

    i didnt make the rules, i just play the game

    But its ok, i know people sometimes takes advantage
    of this kind of posts to show how "mature" persons they are
    and how different from the rest they are
    lol

    and By the way the kind of women im talkin aBout
    they are very Beautyfull, atlethic, cultured, intelligent, nice ones

    thank you

  22. #22

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I can appreciate a person like p did creating a copy of an expensive cologne that he likes so the less financially inclined portion of his fanbase can share in it in some respect(and him make some change) but I don't like MI so therefore I don't like Unfo...
    ***My SALE thread***My TRADE thread***
    Frag addicted? Join the support group We are too but dam we smell good!

  23. #23

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I'm one who actually loves Unforgivable too. I think it is easily one of the sexiest fragrances in my collection. There's just no other way to put it, I think this scent is very sensual. I really get the champagne note in this one, & i think that's what really stands out for me. I've never tried MI, but I've definitely got to if it resembles Unforgivable.

    Also, check out Sean Jean's other scent, I Am King. It gets a lot of hate here too, but it's one of the most unique fruity summer scents on the market. (wonderful cranberry & tangerine notes). And women love it too (just got a compliment on it earlier this week). Granted, the longevity is bad, but if you spray it on your clothes, it helps greatly.

    Think what you will of Puff Daddy, I think there is a reason both of his fragrances have won Fifi awards. They have really been outstanding. Also, I don't really care about the celebrity thing. If a scent is good, it could be marketed by Ronald McDonald for all I care! Plus, I admit, I like pop culture and try to stay up to date anyway. (Other really good celebrity fragrances that get overlooked because of their names are; 50 Cent's Power, Usher's UR for men, and Paris Hilton's Just Me for men. All are favs of mine that I wear quite often).

  24. #24

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Virtually any celebrity fragrance will render hate on BN. Even those who said to have tried them, give awkward and unfulfilling reviews on them. Me, on the other hand.. I give every fragrance a thorough try out, before praising or hating it. No disrespect to Basenoter's, but they are often biased and extremely critical when doing reviews. Keep in mind.. these aren't Amazon, Wal-Mart, Fragnet, or even Fragrantica reviews.. These are reviews from the up most honest, and experienced noses you'll find.

    As for non Basenoter's.. basically your average Joe, much less critical, with a much less refined nose. Most will find Unforgivable to be quite a pleasant smell. I like all types of fragrances, whether designer, cheapies, niche, luxe, or celeb. Unforgivable is one that I have grown to like, and a great one for this type of weather.

    As a side note. I think that if you are just starting out, ya can't go wrong with both this and Rochas Man. Although Rochas may lack a little in the longevity department for some. Both of these fragrances are big compliment getters, as well as versatile, and fairly simple.
    Last edited by The_Cologneist; 27th May 2011 at 02:19 PM.

  25. #25

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I get less than 1.5 hours longevity with Unforgivable. In comparison, I get about 4 hours with Creed MI, which smells a lot more natural and has better sillage on my skin. Given the fact that Unforgivable smells a lot more synthetic than MI to my nose, its piss-poor longevity is just, well, unforgivable (especially considering its fairly expensive pricing).

  26. #26
    Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Diamondflame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,444

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    *Smiling in amusement at The_Cologneist, who with 2600+ posts (a BNer no less) seems to have shot himself in the foot with that last post.*

    I happen to enjoy Sean John Unforgivable. I haven't smelled Creed MI yet though. If it is a rip off, well at least he picked a good fragrance & did a decent job of ripping it off. Ignore the 'herd mentality' which often take root in a community. Just go with your nose. But if you do go down the long road of 'comparative fragrance sampling', you'd probably understand the sentiments behind some of the negative reviews.

  27. #27

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Anyone who dislikes a frag just because a celeb face is behind it is a straight up cry baby. End of story. I own Unforgiveable and MI and they are equally as good. MI is more sofisticated and Unforgiveable is the more sexier frag. IMO.

  28. #28
    Basenotes Junkie lionheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    831

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Johno View Post
    Anyone who dislikes a frag just because a celeb face is behind it is a straight up cry baby. End of story. I own Unforgiveable and MI and they are equally as good. MI is more sofisticated and Unforgiveable is the more sexier frag. IMO.
    I greatly respect your point of view. Thanks.
    My Top 5!!!
    1. 1740: Marquis de Sade, Histoires de Parfums
    2. Sweet Redemption, by Kilian
    3. Tirrenico, Profumi del Forte
    4. Je Suis un Homme, Etat Libre d'Orange
    5. Derby, Guerlain

    "Coincidence is God's way of winking." --Me

    "It's alright to flirt with the idea of giving up, so long as you don't." --Me

  29. #29

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Wear what you like.
    What do you care why people don't like something you like?
    But keep in mind that some perfumes (niche/MI) are more expensive and better than others (celebrity/unforgivable) for many reasons but mostly because of quality ingredients. So one day buy MI to truly enjoy the perfume that it is.
    Last edited by hedonist222; 27th May 2011 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Silly autocorrect*

    for swap/sale:





  30. #30

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bokchoy View Post
    I'm not a fan of Unforgivable either, but I don't think something being a "blatant ripoff of xxx" is enough reason to hate a fragrance.

    There are thousands of fragrances to choose from, so there's definitely no shortage of uniqueness and originality. You just have to put for the effort to sift and search for the perfect and unique ones. Besides, CW is a blatant and intentional ripoff of GIT. And I'm sure a lot of people appreciate CW for being a cheaper alternative to a great but expensive fragrance.

    Judge Unforgivable on its merit as a fragrance and not for being MI junior. With that being said, I think Unforgivable smells bad. That's just me.

    I'd be perfectly fine with cheaper clones of really expensive fragrances, as long as they can stand on its own as an excellent fragrance, copycat or otherwise.
    I agree with every word you said. I love the fact there are cheaper alternatives to the way overpriced Creeds. Not every can or wants to spend $200 on a fragrance. Btw I own Unforgivable and love it. One of the top compliment getters in my collection.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

  31. #31

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    it is a way to call it , com'on don'tBe so serious aBout it, ease off
    yeah people call pantie dropper to the scents that gets a lot of female attention

    i aint even gonna lie i gotta a lot of game
    and im the Best to know that the fragrance a person wears
    it hardly influences the attraction of a woman
    But it can Be a point playing to a men's favor
    when she feels already attracted.

    so when i say girls want to Be around me all night at the cluB just for how i smell
    im talking aBout that Being kind of an excuse of them to keep hanging around with me all night

    asking... yeah sure.

    ok there's your response

    i didnt make the rules, i just play the game....
    Oh please.....
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

    Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

    More HERE
    Please PM me !

  32. #32

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    The only thing wrong with it is the scent. Other than that, it's fine.

  33. #33

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I personally don't mind Unforgivable at all... Very Pleasant for the price you can pick it up for (around 15 for 75ml on the Bay here in the UK).

    What I do think is 'unforgivable' is how Creed can charge what they do for something that barely lasts more than 3 hours... And people actually delude themselves into believing that it's ok... I understand the natural ingredients and higher quality argument but let's be honest; if it wasn't Creed making MI, I couldnt see people rushing out to buy a $150+ scent that barely lasts 3-4 hours..

  34. #34

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Wear it if you like it. I walked behind a young white guy today at the shopping mall Siam Paragon in Bangkok and he smelled so good.

    He was wearing...Acqua di Gio
    Current Top 5

    1. Creed Aventus
    2. A*Men Pure Malt
    3. L'instant Extreme
    4. Nasomatto Duro
    5. CDG - Kyoto

  35. #35

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I'm pretty open-minded about fragrances, but I'm obviously kind of marketing brainwashed, because every time I try a celebrity-branded scent I can't get the celebrity's image out of my head. So sure, Unforgivable might be a good fragrance, but I just don't want Sean Jean's image in my head while I'm wearing it. Not too keen on being Tim McGraw or Justin Timberlake for a day either. I'm sure all these guys are swell chaps - it's just an image association I'm not interested in. Probably wouldn't wear Vintage Tabarome if it were branded "Britney Spears," though that is an amusing concept.

    That stated, I get a little thrill out of the idea that Green Irish Tweed might be Cary Grant's personal fragrance. Vintage Tabarome worn by Winston Churchill? OK, I'm in.

    So superficial, I know. No apologies, either. It's just my personal indulgence in modern marketing techniques.

    Overall, the whole mania for celebrity-branded fragrances seems to be directly pitched to the People/In-Style/TMZ crowd. Ick. Can't go there.

    Furthermore: I suspect Sean Jean, Tim McGraw, Justin Timberlake, and Britney Spears have no interest in smelling like me, either. So there.
    Last edited by mrcologneguy; 28th May 2011 at 12:58 PM.

  36. #36

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    i actually like this scent. i find it just smells great. Very luxurious. Who cares if he ripped of Creed... all in all it still smells epic. and i get loads of compliments very good stuff

  37. #37

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Unforgivable smells like a bowl of rotten fruit in the heart and drydown. I actually enjoy the opening, but it doesn't take long for it to turn sour. I am King I liked much better with the berry notes. Both of them lasts as long as a good farting session.

  38. #38

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSheedah View Post
    I personally don't mind Unforgivable at all... Very Pleasant for the price you can pick it up for (around 15 for 75ml on the Bay here in the UK).

    What I do think is 'unforgivable' is how Creed can charge what they do for something that barely lasts more than 3 hours... And people actually delude themselves into believing that it's ok... I understand the natural ingredients and higher quality argument but let's be honest; if it wasn't Creed making MI, I couldnt see people rushing out to buy a $150+ scent that barely lasts 3-4 hours..
    This!!! I have nothing against Creed I just refuse to pay that kinda money for a fragrance that barely lasts. If Unforgivable is $60 and MI is $150 and they smell very similar. My choice is easy. Same is GIT and Cool Water. Ive tried both they are almost identical. my wife couldnt tell one from the other. Im very open minded with fragrances. I dont care who makes it or what name its associated with. All I care about is the juice in the bottle. I cant stand Lebron James but if came out with a cologne that smelled great with good longevity I'd try it.
    twitter.com/_notufatjesus

  39. #39
    DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

    kbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Big Blue Marble
    Posts
    18,070
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I seriously doubt if Sean John had anything at all to do with the actual crafting of any scent that bears his name, other than a 'Hey! I like that! Yeah!". I am betting his role is to make them visible and collect big money for doing so.
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

  40. #40

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I hate Unforgivable cause its a pimp-gangsta scent. Well, I mean, where I live, almost all the 17-25 black gangsta wear this. And there is soooo many gangsta o "wanabe gangsta" here. So each time I smell this one I just see a gangsta in my mind and I hate that...

  41. #41
    Moderator

    Redneck Perfumisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Spiritually, Kansas
    Posts
    13,298
    Blog Entries
    37

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by kbe View Post
    I seriously doubt if Sean John had anything at all to do with the actual crafting of any scent that bears his name, other than a 'Hey! I like that! Yeah!". I am betting his role is to make them visible and collect big money for doing so.
    I researched this question fairly deeply, because I was curious as hell. You're right - if a celebrity or celebrity designer is involved, it's basically as a one-person focus group. However, in Diddy's case - on Unforgivable - he claims that he sniffed over 600 samples to get to the one he wanted. For what it's worth. I know that Burr thought SJP's involvement on Lovely was atypically large for a celeb, and I don't think she sniffed nearly that much.

    Of course, that's not the biggest thing Diddy brings to the brand. That would be image - the cool guy draped with booty. Like you say - being visible.
    * * * *

  42. #42

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Why all the love for Millesime Imperial and Green Irish Tweed? I can't stand either of them and certainly don't believe a word of Creed's particular brand of made-up dead celebrity endorsement. Easier to have someone long-dead "endorse" your fragrance, I guess. If they're dead they can't tell you they never wore it because it didn't exist yet.

  43. #43

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I agree with those that say Unforgettable is very close to MI in scent.
    Choose Unforgettable if cost is a factor and enjoy wearing it. Sean John did a good job with this one

  44. #44

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I dislike MI, so my hate comes from the original source for this clone.

  45. #45

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    To get back to the original question:

    I think you need to keep in mind that Millesime Imperial is one of the most reviewed, most tried scents for basenotes members -- it's among the most-reviewed scents ever. Unforgivable is not a bad scent, but almost all of the negative reviews that I've read start off with the same premise: that it's a copy of MI, and not a particularly good one. Naturally, it suffers in comparison for most people, which results in the bad reviews; but Unforgivable is, frankly, really not all that bad (and MI is currently my signature scent).

  46. #46

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I don't care if you want to copy a Creed (Millesime Imperiale in this case) but when you charge 60-70 bucks a bottle for 100ml of it when I could get a nice D&G Light Blue or Givenchy Pi for that, then you're taking the piss. Diddy still lives in the delusion that his 90's chic brand still has cache; he's sorely mistaken. Wouldn't pay more than 30 for this "homage to Millesime Imperiale." Come to think of it, since I own Creed's MI, I probably wouldn't get this stuff at all.

  47. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Scent View Post
    I put on this stuff yesterday and it smelled good to me, I felt like biting myself as odd as that sounds. It's expensive, but it smells very good from the sample I tried yesterday. Maybe it's because of my age group? I'm 17 but I'm not sure, it smells heavenly to me. I think I'm going to order it alongside Rochas Men.
    It's a bit pricy for what you get, but it's not bad. Love and Luck is very similar to Unforgivable, except it is less expensive, and better in my opinion.

  48. #48
    Basenotes Member Harmen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    75

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by lionheart View Post
    To be perfectly honest, I would never try it because there is a REAL disconnect that I would be wearing a fragrance represented by Puff Daddy or Pee Ditty (sp?) or whatever. I want the name (and sometimes even the face) behind the frag to exude real sophistication and elegance. This is the same reason why I won't try Givenchy Play: Justin Timberlake. Nothing against either man's talent.

    I know that many of you think it should be solely about the fragrance. That's fair, and I respect everyone's opinions. Further, Unforgivable may be a LOVELY scent. It boils down to what fragrances "do" for each of us. For me, it smells the way I want it to smell, and it says about me what I want it to say. And in my humble opinion, the celebrities are part of that.

    Again, this is just me.
    Diddy is about as successful (as a rapper and businessman), sophisticated, professional and envied as anyone I would think.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5d5WTqTgsE

    "What's the worse you can do to me? Nothing! I can buy your hate and make you love me. Who you think you f'in with?"
    Top 5 (random order):
    1. Creed Aventus
    2. L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme
    3. Le Labo Rose 31
    4. Terre D'Hermes EdT
    5. YSL Rive Gauche

  49. #49

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I like it. Nothing WOW, but it's a good scent.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I like it. Nothing WOW, but it's a good scent.

  50. #50

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    These celebrity scents really surprise me. I sniff them expecting them to be below average obviously. But a lot of the time they are damn good. I smelled Usher UR for the first time a few days ago and i just didnt understand how scents like these never get talked about. I really liked it. I like unforgivable too but it gets talked about a lot as it is compared to Creed's Millesime Imperial.

  51. #51

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I bought this one a few years ago before I started to become a fragrance nut and I bought it because of a paper sample in a mens magazine . My thoughts on it have not really changed much... it is still a nice fragrance.
    Living each day one spray at a time

  52. #52

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by neo_angel View Post
    it is a way to call it , com'on don'tBe so serious aBout it, ease off
    yeah people call pantie dropper to the scents that gets a lot of female attention

    i aint even gonna lie i gotta a lot of game
    and im the Best to know that the fragrance a person wears
    it hardly influences the attraction of a woman
    But it can Be a point playing to a men's favor
    when she feels already attracted.

    so when i say girls want to Be around me all night at the cluB just for how i smell
    im talking aBout that Being kind of an excuse of them to keep hanging around with me all night

    asking... yeah sure.

    ok there's your response

    i didnt make the rules, i just play the game

    But its ok, i know people sometimes takes advantage
    of this kind of posts to show how "mature" persons they are
    and how different from the rest they are
    lol

    and By the way the kind of women im talkin aBout
    they are very Beautyfull, atlethic, cultured, intelligent, nice ones

    thank you

    1. Wow!
    2. What's up with the uppercase B's?
    My top 5 changes like the Tennessee weather.

  53. #53
    Basenotes Junkie Skyline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    518

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Guys I am selling SJ Unforgivable 75ml (85%-90%full) for $30 shipped Canada and CONUS.

    Comes with plastic holder but no box.

  54. #54

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipsta View Post
    I can appreciate a person like p did creating a copy of an expensive cologne that he likes so the less financially inclined portion of his fanbase can share in it in some respect(and him make some change) but I don't like MI so therefore I don't like Unfo...
    Now hold on a second. You don't really believe Sean Combs created any of the scents that use his name, do you?

    Here's how it works: His agent receives a call with a business proposal to use his name and star power on a fragrance in exchange for a dollar figure or percentage of revenue (or a combination of both). Either that, or he decided to get into the perfume business and his people hired people to create a scent that his business interests could market.

    I am quite sure than the average basenotes member knows more about perfume than Puff Daddy P Diddy or whatever he is calling himself this week. When Multi Platinum was released, he was on Jay Leno explaining that it was the same scent as Unforgivable, but with higher quality ingredients.

    He's a successful businessman. But a perfumer? Please.

    Unforgivable "Multi Platinum" wasn't bad. I used to own it. I traded it when I realized I never wore it anymore.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

  55. #55

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I don't respect Puffy as a person so I wouldn't wear his fragrances even if they were given to me for free. I know that sounds ignorant but that is just how I feel.

  56. #56

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    I personally like it. As with anything, there is always going to be a lot of hype and hate towards certain items over the most trivial things. As long as you like it, rock the ever loving piss out of it.

  57. #57

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    One of my favorites. I love it from top to base. Only wish it was a little stronger at the end.

  58. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    4,476
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    unforgiveable is pretty good. it's just that love and luck by ed hardy is better at what it tries to do.

  59. #59

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Unforgivable is linear and not particularly pleasant, but Unforgivable Multi Platinum was a quality product that smelled great.

    At least, that was my experience a few years ago.

    I wonder, now that UMP is discontinued, whether Unforgivable's formula is the same, or if it changed to be a little closer to UMP. I haven't smelled it in a while, but there are a lot of people that seem to like it. Or perhaps they're thinking of UMP -- some people don't seem to understand there were two scents.
    Current Top Five:

    1. Creed Green Irish Tweed
    2. Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
    3. Hermes Concentre d'Orange Verte
    4. Bond No. 9 New Haarlem
    5. Creed Original Vetiver

  60. #60

    Default Re: Why all the hate for Unforgivable by Sean John?

    Which scent category would this fall into (ex. spice, oriental, aquatic, etc.).

Similar Threads

  1. Anyone tried Unforgivable Eau Fraiche by Sean John??
    By dan in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13th November 2010, 10:37 PM
  2. Sean John Unforgivable Night
    By rinosaur in forum No longer missing fragrances
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 23rd October 2010, 11:28 AM
  3. Sean John Unforgivable Woman
    By Quarry in forum Female Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 8th September 2007, 01:07 AM
  4. Sean John Unforgivable In Demand
    By sqboy1 in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 23rd February 2006, 01:21 AM
  5. Sean John Unforgivable In Demand
    By in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 1st January 1970, 01:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •