Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cuba Gold

4 44.44%
  • Perry Ellis 360 White

1 11.11%
  • Animale Animale

4 44.44%

Exclamation 360 White, Cuba Gold, or Animale Animale?

Which one should I ask my relatives abroad to get me? None of these three can be found in any of the department stores in my country.

Default Re: 360 White, Cuba Gold, or Animale Animale?

Cuba Gold, like 360 White, are Le Male clones if I'm not mistaken. I've tried 360 White and it's inferior to Le Male IMO. Animale Animale is reminiscent of A*Men. It's a chocolate pineapple gourmand with a musky chocolate, oakmoss, & patchouli dry-down.

If you absolutely must have a Le Male homage, I find Cubano Gold, which I believe is the same thing as Cuba Gold, to be the least cloying. The sweetness and mint are toned down and there is a nice tobacco note. That said, I almost never wear it, but IIRC, the ~4 oz. bottle cost me about $10, so the only real loss is shelf space.

I didn't really care for Perry Ellis 360 White. I love Le Male, but I don't think 360 White compares. 360 White doesn't have that mint and cumin note that really makes Le Male pop. Also, I love the powdery aspect of Le Male and 360 White isn't the same. To me 360 White is a much sweeter and syrupy kind of vanilla (instead of Le Males powdery, minty, dry vanilla). I haven't tried Cuba Gold yet, but 360 White is certainly no Le Male (especially if you are like me and are a fan of Le Male's top notes more than the later dry down).

Not saying all Perry Ellis scents are bad though. I LOVE 360 Red and think it is superior to Acqua Di Gio.

Cuba Gold is dirt cheap down here. I just bought a 30ml bottle (in the aluminium cigar container) for $6. It has good lasting power, and good sillage. I don't like it that much, but it is more wearable than Le Male, in my opinion.

Animale Animale is a chocolatey scent, that came out over a year before A*men did. It doesn't last as long and have as much sillage as A*men (few scents do) but I think it more masculine than Rochas man. I haven't voted because I haven't tried the Perry Ellis scent.
    Renato

Animale Animale

Cuba Gold, nice Tobacco Le Male, with good longevity and sillage. Price tag is fantastic too