Code of Conduct

Question Best CREED Fragrance for...?

Hello!

I would like to know, what would be the best creed cologne that would fit well like sexy/sensual, romantic date, out for clubbing, invitating and mysterious and unique. I smelled Aventus, GIT and Millesime Imperial. I don't like millesime cause I found it smell too much like Sean John - Unforgivable and I don't like this one so....

For now, I would go with GIT. My good this smell so good and I think it have what I search for. Aventus too is a big like but I find in a certain way that there is a kind of "I smelled that before" so this don't really fit with the "unique". But there is soo many creed cologne I still didnt smelled all of them. So, what are you proposing guys?

Also, I'm 23.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Best CREED Fragrance for...?

You may want to consider Original Santal. It's a bit strong, but it's often considered the most "clubbing" of the Creeds, and good for younger guys or flamboyant women. I know some good women noses who really like it. It gets noticed. I smelled it on a young guy in a restaurant when my wife and I walked by, and it was really great when it was worn at just the right level, like he had it. But it's a double-edged sword, because it gets noticed, and if somebody doesn't like it at all, or if you use too much...... not good.

It's not unique, really, if a lot of people are wearing Joop and the like in your area, but not many people do in my normal haunts. Personally, I think it's a lot better than Joop.

Original Santal was my first thought also....
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Allright I'm gonna smell Original Santal. Is it good for work everyday? But I'm not working in a small office, I'm working in clubs (lightjockey), in bar (barman), and things like that...

Oh... I HATE joop... And I looked the notes of Original Santal, and Im not a fan of tonka beans, coriande and vanilla things... lolll Well, IL,, smell it just in case... who knows..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coolboy153 View Post
    Oh... I HATE joop... And I looked the notes of Original Santal, and Im not a fan of tonka beans, coriande and vanilla things... lolll Well, IL,, smell it just in case... who knows..
    Don't worry about the tonka and vanilla - the soft girlie stuff is just a crash pad when you come down from the combination of glow-in-the-dark fruit and radioactive spices. If you hate Joop, you may hate this, too, but the secret to loving Original Santal is wearing it very lightly. You can do it by the faintest of mists, or (better, IMO) by squeezing out one small dab of liquid on your exposed skin, and wearing it like a full parfum.

I loved it in the store when the SA sprayed it correctly, then I hated it after I bought it while I was spraying it wrong. But I got some on me while decanting, and fell back in love with it. I learned from that experience to go with the one-spot dab, and now I'm a happy camper on the stuff.

Ok I'll give it a try. And for my age (23) and what I described in my looking for, do you think that GIT or Aventus will be better? I see everywhere that the famous GIT is like "THE" creed winner lol

Blog Entries

Aventus is fresher on the scene, and the smell is popular with both sexes, so it has advantages if you're only thinking of how other people view it - more in terms of being new and popular at the moment. I agree that there are familiarities to it - to several designer scents on the shelf at Macy's - though the same can be said about GIT.

OTOH, I know people who are pretty hip (music world and such) who love GIT. That smell has been around, but it's pretty timeless and well done there. If that's the one you love, I'd say go for it. You can always come back for Aventus later.

Do you have any samples to do some wears of both? That's the best way to go. You'll be happy with your purchase for sure that way.

GIT or Royal Water

I was a bit underwhelmed with GIT and I had longevity issues with it (3-4hrs). I much prefer Aventus, but it suffers from batch variance.

Since you have already smelled both GIT and Aventus and liked them, my suggestion would be to buy small decants of each and give them full wearings over a couple of weeks. You are sure to have a preference after that. It will save you money/heartache in the long run.
    Last edited by morrison74; 29th May 2011 at 05:35 PM.
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Wanted

Git.

Git

Funny that you say Mi smells like Unforgivable when it is the other way round.

I recommend Silver mountain water. For me this is the best Creed of them all by a far margin.

Allright good..

So, my scents to smell the next day I go shopping are Original Santal, Royal Water and Silver Mountain Water!

Oh, and what about the Green Valley?

Green Valley is my favourite Creed.

Wanted

Original Santal

Aventus !!!