Code of Conduct

Default Honour by Amouage - New Fragrance!

Here's the new upcoming fragrance by Amouage!

http://www.cafleurebon.com/behind-th...rial-day-draw/

Whoever tried it already, do let us know what you think .

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: Honour by Amouage - New Fragrance!

Pepper, nutmeg and geranium (in the masculine) sounds intriguing. Thanks for the link.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Amouage describes this as "a spicy and woody fragrance", yet the bottle seems contrary ....an ivory bottle with a gold cap somehow seems like it would have to be somewhat fresh/floral to me.....hmm....interested nonetheless as all Amouage fragrances are worth looking into.

I love the "dissonance" in Ciel Man, so here's to hoping this dissonance Amouage mentions isn't too off-putting.

The notes sound pretty heavy to be wearing in the heat. Patiently waiting for samples to come out for this

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ccck View Post
    The notes sound pretty heavy to be wearing in the heat. Patiently waiting for samples to come out for this
    Yeah - first thing I did was check Parfums Raffy. Not there yet. I'd definitely like to try both of these.

Some spicy woody fragrances do OK in the heat - maybe this will, too. Hard to say.

I'm a sucker for the backstory on fragrances. For me, the ideas which affected the perfumer really set the playing field for the first sniff. I love to see how the story was played out in fragrance. Translating a story to an evolving mood and then carrying that over to a fragrance..... and oh - by the way - it has to actually smell great at the same time - that's what I love to discover. This one has an extremely interesting story, so it's got my interest right out of the gate.

Will pass on this.

Yeah - first thing I did was check Parfums Raffy. Not there yet. I'd definitely like to try both of these.
    Release date for this is going to be in September for the US. In parts of Europe it will be out in June and most of the rest of the world will have it by the end of July. Sucks for us.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

The bottle feels like it should house something "creamy". Can't wait to try this one as usual, though I know I can't afford it... Darn!
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Obsessions of the Moment- Kristiansand EDC, Green Irish Tweed, Zizan

Granted, we've known each other for some time. It don't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. ~ Common Sense

Just thinking about how Honour Woman may smell makes me wet my pants... on a daily basis. Amouage, please make it stop!

Just thinking about how Honour Woman may smell makes me wet my pants... on a daily basis. Amouage, please make it stop!

Both are on their way for free.

Will let people know in my rudimentary way what I think with some possible input from the lovely Mrs. J. as well. I am intrigued to say the least.

To be fair, each is a sample, not a full bottle.

My review will be coming soon. I had planned to have it written already but there is a lot to unravel in this scent. I've got 3 wearings in so far but I think it will take a few more. Its structure is unlike anything I've experienced before.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I'm waiting for your Honour review SoS It seems that Honour is... at least, different, and quite special

The samples just arrived from Amouage, Ltd in this afternoon's mail. SoS is right on, this is something new. And it is wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Trebor View Post
    As well it should! Honour Woman is a gorgeous floral of the highest order, and the use of rhubarb and other green notes in the opening is out of this world. It has that utter refinement and subtle but perfectly harmonized beauty that Lyric Woman has. In other words, it doesn't shout like Memoir Woman had a tendency too (though there is a time and place for that, too). This has instantly become my favorite women's Amouage and is one of my favorite feminine scents of all time.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Please let us know what you think of the male-version. Hurry up! ;-)

I'm working on it, lol. I've been wearing it the last 5 days in a row trying to fully wrap my head around it. My nose is adjusting to it and it has been very different on my skin on different wearings (and in different temperatures - we've had 95+ degree weather here and then a few days later it was down in the 50s). It is one of those seemingly simple but deceptively complex scents - it is full of contrasts and goes through a number of transformations, both pyramidally and also in regards to texture and the like. I've been hesitant to put pen to paper because I don't want to pigeonhole it as something less than it is.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I tried Honor Man.

Starts our like something wonderful. Vetiver, pepper but deep pepper not like the one in Bang and some nutmeg.

I got no tonka. The drydown was typically Amouage. Just frankincense. Nothing else.

for swap/sale:

I definitely pick up tonka, and quite a bit of it (but it is not at all that paper thin "tonka" note that you find in things like YSL L'Homme). It's a wonderful tonka that contributes a rich and golden honey note and some almond nuances (further enhanced by a semi-nutty vetiver). I didn't get it much the first few wearings though, so I'd recommend trying it again Hedonist, especially on skin if you didn't the first time. Like most Amouage scents, this blooms on skin.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I assume this is in the Spicy / Woody category. Are there any other fragrances "out there" that has some similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo-Fjord View Post
    I assume this is in the Spicy / Woody category. Are there any other fragrances "out there" that has some similarities?
    wonderwood, opus 1740, Terre d'hermes (but without the citric topnotes).

for swap/sale:

It's only spicy/woody in the beginning and the end. The heart is something entirely different. I'd be doing it a disservice at this point if I simply said it was like a melange of X,Y and Z, even though the different phases of the scent could be described as an amalgamation of scents.

I think based on the Amouage scents you like and the ones you dislike, you might like this one Oslo. It's not as loud as Reflection, Gold and the like, and not as over the top opulent/bombastic as Reflection, Epic, Jub XXV, etc.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Hedonist, if you are missing out on the tonka (and other sweet notes), you are missing out on huge portion of this composition. It's really really far removed from TdH and the descriptions of Wonderwood, imo.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I guess the tonka is nicely blended with the frankincense but the drydown, to me, is almost predominantly frankincense.

for swap/sale:

The tonka is actually not very noticeable at all in the latter half of the dry down, but it is present almost immediately and throughout the entire heart and plays a large role.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    wonderwood, opus 1740, Terre d'hermes (but without the citric topnotes).
    Intresting.. I like T-D-H very much, but the Opus is very light and weak on my skin. I hope the Honor is stronger than that one..

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    It's only spicy/woody in the beginning and the end. The heart is something entirely different. I'd be doing it a disservice at this point if I simply said it was like a melange of X,Y and Z, even though the different phases of the scent could be described as an amalgamation of scents.

I think based on the Amouage scents you like and the ones you dislike, you might like this one Oslo. It's not as loud as Reflection, Gold and the like, and not as over the top opulent/bombastic as Reflection, Epic, Jub XXV, etc.
    My favourites are Dia and Silver, so maby I should give this one a try. Do you think it`s a "Wow" fragrance after the first sniff?

It wowed me. It's opening is comprised of the highest quality naturals. As Hedonist said, it is not at all like the pepper in Bang. In fact, if you ever wanted to do an expose on the difference between high quality naturals and synthetics and compare the difference they provide in depth in the final product, you could compare the openings of Bang and Honour Man. The opening of Honour is full of warm resinous pepper notes (that smell much richer and deeper than the smell of simple dried/ground black pepper - it is much more like a mixture of fresh peppercorns) with an awesomely deep, rich, and truly warm resinous touch provided by the elemi. Also present is a diaphonous sweet note along with a few hints of a cool camphoraceous note.

Honour quickly goes in a completely different direction though - a direction that I really enjoy and that I find to be absolutely brilliant conceptually. The scent's composition reflects and echoes its concept as well as Memoir Man does, imo.

I want to say more but it's hard to compress into a short post. My full review should be done tomorrow. If anything, this is definitely worth sampling unless you are completely averse to vetiver, pepper, incense or geranium. I'll also say it is much more floral than you'd think based on the notes list.
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 13th June 2011 at 10:55 AM.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Hm, sounds intriguing although I'm not so keen on floral elements. Which do you prefer: Honour Man, Memoir Man or Epic Man?

Hm.. It almost sounds like a stronger version of Poivre Samarcande..

Completely different feels to them Nasenmann. Memoir is kind of dark, moody, and best suited to the winter months. Epic has an almost spiritual vibe in its extreme woodiness and opulent incense, while Honour Man is more optimistic and almost a bit 'dreamy'. It has a certain airiness in its upper registers (it has very distinct 'layers of scent') that make it well suited to spring or summer wear, and yet is overall warm and rich enough to be satisfying during colder weather (and it seems to present a different, spicier facet, when cold. Heat brings out the airier, camphoraceous, and more floral elements).

I really really enjoy all three of the scents, but I imagine I'd get most wear out of Honour Man. It's definitely the most suitable to year round wearing and is the easiest of them to wear regardless of season.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Thanks for your reply, SoS! Although I guess that Epic Man is going to be my first Amouage, I have to get my hands on a sample ASAP... I found Silver very impressive but way too floral for me to wear (I'm more one for the over the top macho masculines), so that remains a reservation.

It's less sweet and less floral than Silver. It's something like a combination of Silver and Epic, as far as floralness/spiciness goes. If you've tested Jubilation XXV you know it has some woody/incense elements along with a pronounced sweetness,fruitiness and floral elements (mostly immortelle there). Honour is closer to XXV as far as the juxtaposition of sweet/floral and spices/woods/incense, and also shares a bit of the honey note (which is more true to life in Honour).
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Hi SoS,

Can you also do a review on Honour woman? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Hi SoS,

Can you also do a review on Honour woman? Thanks.
    Will do!
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Sur la Plage

How much will these cost?
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I'm not sure if these will be the "less expensive" Amouage - ala Reflection, Memoir, Silver - or the more expensive scents like Epic. I think I recall hearing it would be priced like Memoir, but then again, while Memoir is cheaper here in the US, on the Amouage site it's the same price as Epic.

Either way, the answer is "a lot!"
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

I thought I was saving up for OPUS IV but I will have to try these first.

Damn, sounds amazing. Maybe finally a vetiver that rings my bells.
    Smellin good

Sounds interesting and if it pans out, will look great next to my Memoir Man!
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    It's less sweet and less floral than Silver. It's something like a combination of Silver and Epic, as far as floralness/spiciness goes. If you've tested Jubilation XXV you know it has some woody/incense elements along with a pronounced sweetness,fruitiness and floral elements (mostly immortelle there). Honour is closer to XXV as far as the juxtaposition of sweet/floral and spices/woods/incense, and also shares a bit of the honey note (which is more true to life in Honour).
    Less Sweet than Silver ? Yet still features as you say honey notes and a noticable Tonka note ? And if you were to assess percentages of similarity to the Silver/epic mix, what would you say ?

Ciel Man is my favorite Amouage, and I like aspects of Silver, XXV, and Memoir alot, but none quite enough to keep a bottle around besides Ciel and Arcus.

I really can't wait to smell this. Amouage needs to send samples out to their retailers to get people hype.

I'm working on my review as we speak. I think you'll like this as it definitely shares some structure with Ciel. At times it has that 'ultra fine grained sand' texture that Ciel does, but here the surrounding feeling is definitely more summer than spring, as I felt it was for Ciel. You'll notice they share a lot of base notes, and the nutmeg as well.

There is a smoldering heart in this scent which smells something like a more refined CdG 2 Man. It is if a rich and complex scent was built around a core of 2 Man, and yet that core is always faintly present - an ostinano of sorts that mixes with some rather interesting and sometimes dissonant olfactive lines. It never smells just like 2 Man though, there is always more going on here.

ps: The honey/tonka notes are rather airy where they are sweet. The tonka is also hay like and a bit grassy sweet and fuller in its lower register, but this merges so well with the vetiver that it doesn't come across as some kind of isolated sweetness. The end result that it is less sweet than Silver, at least to my nose, and that the sweetness is of an entirely different character.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

Further, it's hard to say that it's X/Y% Epic/Silver in the sweetness and spice mix, as this scent has something strange going on structurally. It's almost like two (three, at one point) scents layered over one another, one which is a spicy and smoldering pepper,incense and earthy vetiver with herbal nuances, and one which is more floral and sort of ethereal, dream-like. At times I've found my nose latches only to one of those olfactive threads as I call them, and other times it perceives the other, while sometimes both are clearly perceptible. This has changed, sometimes dramatically, with each wearing, and is why I've had such a hard time understanding the scent and why the review has been postponed a few times. Just when I thought I figured it out, it threw a new twist at me.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

When is this fragrance going to be available to add to our wardrobe. I just ordered a bottle and would like to post it as scent of the day.
    Love someone today and it will come back to you ten folds