Code of Conduct

Default Does Kouros and Body Kouros smells similar? Body Kouros a flanker of Kouros?

Anyone know if these two smells alike? I just blind bought Kouros, do you think I will need body Kouros?
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Default Re: Does Kouros and Body Kouros smells similar? Body Kouros a flanker of Kouros?

Totally different.

They are like Egoiste and Platinum Egoiste, only share a name in common.

Default Re: Does Kouros and Body Kouros smells similar? Body Kouros a flanker of Kouros?

Body Kouros is indeed a flanker, but I also agree tht they are highly different amongst each other

I wouldn't say you NEED but I believe you probably will enjoy it a lot. BK is quite different from K. BK opens with a "dusty liptus", very unique and its drydown is also a dusty benjoim, also very incensed.

I've got samples of both on the way. I'll post up when I receive them.

Quote Originally Posted by lgarruda View Post
    BK....drydown is also a dusty benjoim
    So that's the Portuguese for benzoin, then? I actually like it better than the English.

two different perfumes, completely

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

it's confusing that they have the same name. They really have nothing else in common besides the general proportion of the bottle. I made the mistake of buying Kouros instead of Body Kouros in my early days, before I was savvy to such nonsense. I had tried it several years earlier and loved it but it was too expensive. I wondered why I didnt like it the same way I remembered. Then a few years later I went fragrance shopping again and found Body Kouros, and then I was happy. And despite inflation, cost had approximately halved in the interim. Its a nice scent, i'm onto my second bottle (but now it has a lot more competition since I've gone perfume crazy)

Very different from each other.

Very very different. Going by your top ten you'll like Body Kouros much better than the original.

I have both and cannot for the life of me see any similarity whatsoever. I recall one BNer in a past thread made some sort of argument that there was some sort similarity in the "architecture" of both.

It seems to me that they only named it as a "Kouros" to cash in on the more familiar name.

Having said all that, you may well like, but not dependent on liking Kouros. It's a very sweet scent. A good date scent. I don't think most would consider it totally gourmand, but like most YSL scents, it's very well done. I like that it's not a very common scent...a little hard to find...you won't smell it on a lot of guys.

It opens with a kind of burnt sugar note. Looking at your top 10, it's most similar in "personality" to M7 - not that it smells like M7.

I blind bought it based on so many BNer raves. A little hard to peg you Change1, but my guess is you would like it. Put regular Kouros out your mind before you consider it. Read the reviews in directory.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 30th May 2011 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh2003 View Post
    Very very different. Going by your top ten you'll like Body Kouros much better than the original.
    Exactly! But you never know.....

They smell pretty much the same. I could not tell them apart.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

No, it has nothing to do with Kouros and it's crap. Don't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by pk116 View Post
    Everyone here is entitled to their opinion of course.

But bear in mind there are 110 reviews in the directory. 91 positive 83%, 9 negative 9%. I'd hardly think it qualifies as "crap" to a lot of people.
    Last edited by StylinLA; 30th May 2011 at 07:43 PM.

Off-Scenter

The two scents have virtually noting, save the name, in common. Kouros is an animalic fougère, Body Kouros is a sweet, boozy, licorice-flavored gourmand oriental. It is possible to enjoy one and not the other, and owning both does not entail wardrobe redundancy.

Not similar at all.Kouros smell divine.Body Kouros is the worst flanker of Kouros IMO.

fountain

despite the similarity in the names, body kouros is not in the slightest a flanker to kouros. the only thing the two have in common is incense accords. otherwise they're totally different. they're both excellent for that matter. do consult the reviews section here. regards.

Not similar....BK smells like a sweet licorice/eucalyptus scent while regular Kouros smells like dog shit.

Sur la Plage

I am surprised no one has ever asked this question before.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

They aren't even distant cousins to my nose and could easily stand alongside each other in any wardrode though I'd hardly consider either to be safe blind buys.

Quote Originally Posted by change1 View Post
    Anyone know if these two smells alike?
    Yes I know. They smell nothing alike.

I just blind bought Kouros, do you think I will need body Kouros?
    Only if you need an anise / liquorice fragrance in your wardrobe.

Totally different.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    i am surprised no one has ever asked this question before.
    lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post
    They smell pretty much the same. I could not tell them apart.
    To my nose it is not even close!

Body Kouros is for boys
    Kouros is for men

Body Kouros was purchased blind through BN and I must say...it is delicious to sniff...! Really really enjoy it and it definitely grows on you...

Having said that, I tried Kouros and I gagged... Found it horrific!

This scentwas so odd and weird when i tesdted it back in 2000 when it initially was launched. But it definitely is something that is unique. BK is totally amazing and definitely body worthy. the original Kouros is so offensive and harsh that i want to slap the shit out of someone wearing it. i say go BKand never look back

The only thing they have in common with each other is that they're both good.

do you think I (will) need body Kouros?
    Yes !
    Top 3 : Jaisalmer | Bulgari Black | Body Kouros

Quote Originally Posted by Force of One View Post
    Not similar....BK smells like a sweet licorice/eucalyptus scent while regular Kouros smells like dog shit.
    same for me

Quote Originally Posted by pk116 View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Not at all impressed with Body Kouros, but love Kouros.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "