Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Basenotes Plus

Default SOTD Tuesday 31 May 2011

Morning all! Back to work today after 2 weeks off (Boooooooooooo).

At least I'll be smelling fabulous I suppose:

La Petite Robe Noire by Guerlain.

Have a great day peeps!
    The Candy Perfume Boy:One boy's obsession with perfume and all things smelly.

Follow Fragrant Reviews on twitter for fragrance reviews in under 140 characters. Reviews by Candy Perfume Boy & GBlue.

Basenotes Institution

Default Re: SOTD Tuesday 31 May 2011

Happy new day , Candy perfume Boy- you' ll be fine ! Hugs !

No.22 parfum - nitey nite all - see you later !
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Paloma Picasso - Minotaure

Good Morning

I smelled a few vintage miniatures of Nina Richi's that i have Farouche,Capricci and Fleur de Fleurs....hhmmm... but i just can't decide what to wear this
    morning!May be i will be in an Yves Rocher 's vintage instead...Pivoine !
    Talk to you later
    Have a wonderful Tuesday all
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Good morning,
    I think the greatest joy (for me) of wearing Chanel's Cuir de Russie Parfum is the 'contradiction' of smelling quite wrong (animalic and sweaty... others have used this long before me, but yes, SWEATY!) and of class and luxury at the same time.
    Best to all!

Everyone's smelling fantastic here today - as usual!

Hello all. Honore des Honore VAMP A NY, felt like some tuberose but didn't want to kill the people sitting next to be in class. LOL
    DONNA

D&G Sicily... I just love it... It's so "right" on me...

L'Artisan Al Oudh.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. SotD is Geir.
    Returning to work after a long weekend - need an invigorating scent to lift the mood and this is just perfect.

Basenotes Plus

Another hot day, L'Artisan THE Pour un ETE sounds perfect to me. This 1996 summer release was created as a limited edition by Olivia Giacobetti, and has notes of peppermint, lemon, jasmine, and green tea.

*photo is from susiefairchild's photostream
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Costes EDT. This was recommended as a good 'rose for those who can't wear rose' and it seems to be just that. Rose drowned in spices and then somehow lightened up to where it's transparent, not sparkling but airy light. Very lovely. And it doesn't seem to turn icky on me, even though it's obviously rosey, which is good. But it doesn't last very long.

Cuba Gold

Thumbs up Re: SOTD Tuesday 31 May 2011

Beatrice Piquet ( 1963 - 2010 )

L'INSTANT POUR HOMME

G U E R L A I N
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Dior Homme.

Notes include Lavender, Sage, Cardamom, Iris, Cocoa Bean, Amber, Vetiver, Patchouli and Leather.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

Thanks to a lovely, generous friend I have the pleasure of testing the fragrances of Ormonde Jayne. I am already familiar with and admire Ormonde Woman, Tolu, and Ormonde Man, but there are others I have yet to try. Today it's Ta'if, a sophisticated, heavy-lidded floral-oriental. It is beautiful.

top notes: pink pepper, saffron, dates
    heart notes: rose oil, freesia, orange flower absolute, jasmine
    base notes: broom, amber

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! Up late last night due to the storms that went through our area. Thankfully, no tornadoes, just lightning, rain and wind.

My SotD is Profumi del Forte Versilia Vintage-Boise thanks to a very kind BNer letting me sample it. Notes are bitter orange, bergamot, vetiver, lavender, bourbon geranium, honey, Texas cedar, Indonesian patchouli, tonka bean, elemi from the Philippines. Very nice citrus and cedar scent, very fresh smelling.

Have a good day!
    Let us share each precious moment and enjoy the ones we love for each day is a new beginning and a blessing from above.

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Dune pour Homme
    SotE - Escale aux Marquises

Back to work I go, after a nice three day weekend. Chanel #5 Eau Premiere will join me, and ease back into the routine.

Good morning everyone I'm having a hard time decide which scent to wear today ( should probably join the "pick my scent" thread more often, so undecided that I am ) For now I'm in favour of # 88 I think, but Kasmir Spice also seems tempting. Will see how I feel after a shower.
    Ok,eventually ended up with Kashmir Spice. Have a nice day everyone!
    Last edited by ineespenes; 31st May 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Banned

L'Heure Fougueuse by Cartier

Many of you are wearing my favorites today -- Costes, older Pivoine, Ta'if. Mmmmmm.....

We also had a huge thunderstorm last night right at midnight, Mr.T woke me up and we were waiting for the city sirens to chase us down into the basement, but fortunately it did not happen. Slept fully clothed the rest of the night though.

L'Artisan Parfumeur Verte Violette. Thanks H. for acknowledging what I meant, " a permanent violet kick".

I sprayed Le Baiser du Dragon hair mist onto my hair (where else?)
    this morning and had a surprise reaction from our scaffolder. He kept asking
    if I was baking cakes and I kept saying "No" and that I had only cooked
    bacon and eggs that morning. Then I twigged - it must have been the LBdG!
    Does anyone else think this smells of cakes?
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Sampling …

Si Lolita: Starts out with a pleasing herbs-and-spices opening, which I guess we are to attribute to the sweet pea note. I like it well, and it puts me in mind of Macchia Mediterranea with the addition of a general female perfume aura. Last night while I was pre-sampling half a dozen things at once, I thought that this Lolita Lempicka invention dried down to resemble Ambre Narguile. I'll see if that observation holds true.

SMN Honeysuckle: I brought in some honeysuckle flowers this morning to see if I could smell them. I remember a childhood friend trying to point out their fragrance to me, but apparently I'm anosmic to the flowers' odor. DH couldn't pick up a scent from the flowers either. Thanks, Mimi, for giving me a point of reference in liquid form. It is a very pretty, low-pitched floral.

Calendar says Tuesday, but it feels like Monday for many of us.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

I'm still deciding what to wear. I'm doing what Mimi suggested in the "morning routine" thread which is to wait 20 minutes after my shower in order to allow some body oils to build up that the fragrance can "stick" to so as to last longer.

Cello's Eau Premiere sounds good. I think that's becoming my "when I can't decide" fragrance.

It's a horrible day at work - stuck at my desk
    ...but my vintage 1983 Derby smells so good!

I actually ended up with Geisha Green because my Aroma M sample pack was sitting right next to where I was drying my hair.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Zino today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Morning all ! Tdem- I LOVE Ta'if- it's fantastic !
    Quarry- hugs to you ,babe. I love SMN Honeysuckle !

This morning it's Chanel No.5 extrait.
    I do wonder just what percentage of women in general ( not perfume nuts like us ) like or wear No.5 anymore. A lot of 'normal' women I speak to don't seem to like it and prefer Coco Mademoiselle. Oh well ,more for us and makes the smell of it less ubiquitous !

Typical - after a wretched bank holiday weekend weatherwise (although I expect gardeners and farmers around here will be happy after yesterday's downpour) today dawned bright and sunny, perfect for a day stuck in the office

Calamity J is my choice of scent for today.

Back at work today in Lolita Lempicka.

Blog Entries

I'm still pretty stuffed up but am beginning to smell and taste a little-- gotta go out there and smell the carnations which have opened up!

I sprayed on Woods of Windsor True Rose and detect a bit of it now and then.

Good Morning!!
    Just popped by to say hello to all the lovely smellin' people here today, hope everyone has a great day and 30Roses hope you feel better fast!!

SotD is what else but a Chanel.....Cristalle to be exact.....good grief I've become such a Chanel junkie

luv to all
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

I'm wearing Illuminum White Gardenia Petals today.

My niece is getting married in a few months and wants her "something borrowed" to be one of my perfumes. I just don't think I have many fragrances that are "bridal" so when I had the chance to purchase a decant of the White Gardenia Petals, I did thinking of her upcoming wedding. My thought is to go ahead and purchase a bottle, let the bride borrow it, and then give it to her afterwards ... IF she thinks this might be the one. And she really likes it! Definitely has "THE ONE" potential ...

I feel so princess-like as I take the trash to the curb and empty out the dishwasher.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Calendar says Tuesday, but it feels like Monday for many of us.
    Tell me about it !

Going with another uplifting gem this evening. The vastly underrated Heeley Iris de Nuit.

AM: Eau d'Hadrien
    PM: Aromatics Elxir

Wearing Rose Absolue today.

Thanks to the
    KINDEST
    SWEETEST
    MOST GENEROUS
    MOST HELPFUL
    (pages later)
    BNer I am sampling Bruno Acampora's Jasmin on my left and No. 22 extrait on my right wrist.
    I'm in heaven...

G'morning, all! Hermes Un Jardin Sur le Nil today.
    Needed something juicy after a hot and very dry weekend in the desert. I feel as if every drop of moisture has been taken from my skin, but it was so worth it for the glorious sun and heat and poolside cocktails.

SotE:

Good Evening

I finally went with ISPAHAN YVES ROCHER (new version 2007):Sweet Oriental Vanilla
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Rochas Mystere for sotm, probably Niki de Saint Phalle for afternoon. I've got a poor sick kitty at home that's going to the vet in the AM. Not eating or drinking. Already have a stray male cat there that had to get it's tail bobbed (coyote nearly got it) The tail had all of it's flesh just shredded from it. . Life in the country has inherent danger :-(
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

This afternoon I'm wearing some vintage Henri d'Orleans Lys Bleu. Lovely! Thank you very much to the kind Basenoter who sent me a decant. Do I detect some myrrh? Acacia? I definitely get an impression of water lily. It's a very polleny-scented fragrance. It reminds me a little of AG Grand Amour, too. I love this one.

Basenotes Plus

Ah Me---Despite some good news that a grant I applied for was funded- it feels like I never had the weekend off!

SOTD is L'eau Serge Lutens
    Lotsa kvetching about Uncle Serge losing his grip when this came out, because it's so simple and different than the rest of the line. I say it's perfect for an office setting.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post

This afternoon I'm wearing some vintage Henri d'Orleans Lys Bleu. Lovely! Thank you very much to the kind Basenoter who sent me a decant. Do I detect some myrrh? Acacia? I definitely get an impression of water lily. It's a very polleny-scented fragrance. It reminds me a little of AG Grand Amour, too. I love this one.
    I received a decant (probably from the same nice BNer!) and I love it too!

Hi all! Lilybelle, that water lily is gorgeous! I'm wearing Tom Ford Moss Breches, carrying over from last night. I'm in love with this honeyed moss, and it goes well with our cool, looks-like-it's-going-to-rain day.

Beyond Love - By Kilian

Blog Entries

SotD: NR Musc for Her
    SotE: Sugar by Fresh

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Hey y'all -

Hooray - it's finally warm here! I started the day in Dune, and now I'm in Laguna.

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

Scent of the Night

Givenchy III

Vintage Eau de Toilette

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I'm still pretty stuffed up but am beginning to smell and taste a little-- gotta go out there and smell the carnations which have opened up!

I sprayed on Woods of Windsor True Rose and detect a bit of it now and then.
    30 Roses- I hope you're feeling better ! Lots of hugs for you !

Coco Mademoiselle- I am trying this one out BEFORE I shower !*LOL* Hmm, I am not sold- it's fruity patchouli and musk - it's very bland though I know many women swear by it,gets compliments and lots of men love it .
    It doesn't suit me- I wish it would - life would be easier but it doesn't.
    Off to shower and put on something else Chanel I think ...............

mathildaben- I hope the waiting after a shower to apply scent ,works out for you. I know it's frustrating, it's a daily battle. I sometimes feels I am wasting so much scent by applying straight after my shower- the true scent doesn't come through much at all and staying power is much to be desired. I wish I had oily skin !

In Emanuel Ungaro Diva for the evening. EdP is more about honey than the rose tonight.

In agreement with you, ladies, Henri d'Orleans' fragrances are nice if strong and should find their place in the Directory by all means.

SotE is Jewel by Alfred Sung, my daughter sprayed some on and the smell is so pretty I couldn't resist spraying as well

Mimi, I couldn't agree with you more about Coco Mademoiselle, my daughter likes it and it smells good on her but it turns on me...not a nice smell at all.

Hope everyone has a nice evening, you all smell divine
    Happiness is a summer breeze, sand between your toes, and your family by your side.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    I received a decant (probably from the same nice BNer!) and I love it too!
    It blooms beautifully on skin, doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Haunani View Post
    Hi all! Lilybelle, that water lily is gorgeous!
    That is Nymphaea caerulea, a blue Egyptian water lily, or lotus. I've been reading up on it today. It has a mystical and ancient history, as well as aromatherapy properties. I am smitten with this flower now.

The nice thing about this very hot weather is that I can wear so many fragrances in one day, they wear off so quickly. SotE is Opium Poésie de Chine by YSL. This is pleasant, but it makes me want to re-try the old full strength Opium (vintage juice of course). I wonder if I could wear it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    In Emanuel Ungaro Diva for the evening. EdP is more about honey than the rose tonight.

In agreement with you, ladies, Henri d'Orleans' fragrances are nice if strong and should find their place in the Directory by all means.
    I don't suppose they're still in production.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    mathildaben- I hope the waiting after a shower to apply scent ,works out for you. I know it's frustrating, it's a daily battle. I sometimes feels I am wasting so much scent by applying straight after my shower- the true scent doesn't come through much at all and staying power is much to be desired.
    At least today the experiment seems to be somewhat a success. I waited about 20-30 minutes after my shower, and the scent I applied was a perfume oil, not alcohol-based, so it has very close sillage in general. 8 hours later I can't really smell it on my inner elbow if I sniff directly, but I still can smell it ambiently, probably from applying on my neck pulse points and decolletage. However, this might be due to inadvertently getting some of it on my clothes since I was already dressed when I applied. I will need to collect more data before I can be sure if the experiment works.

For a very warm evening, I'm in Hermes Un Jardin Apres La Mousson.

Basenotes Institution

Outta Coco Mademoiselle and into Bois des Iles - that's the way ..uh uh uh uh... I like it... uh uh uh uh ! *LOL*

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Andy Warhol Silver Factory tonight
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Basenotes Institution

Wow, what a busy day at the office today! It almost makes having yesterday off not worth it.

This morning it was:

Extract of Mysore Sandalwood (vintage) by Crabtree & Evelyn

This evening it's:

Comme des Garcons Eau de Cologne by Comme des Garcons

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle