Code of Conduct

Default Jacques Bogart Pour Homme VS Tabac Aurea

Any ideas? Both are equally cheap, though I need to import the Tabac from USA. Which is better in terms of lasting power & sillage?

Also, might blind buy Terre D'hermes as I can't find any place with samples. Is there a scent that is somewhat similar to it?

Default Re: Jacques Bogart Pour Homme VS Tabac Aurea

Terre is quite unique, some say that it's similar to Red Vetyver by Montale, which is more difficult to find.
    Why Blind Buy? Terre should be easy to find in most stores

And how is tabac aurea as cheap as bogart? as far as i know, tabac aurea sells at 35$ for 17ml of parfum extrait, while bogart might be 35$ for 100mls!

Terre is quite unique, some say that it's similar to Red Vetyver by Montale, which is more difficult to find.
    Why Blind Buy? Terre should be easy to find in most stores

And how is tabac aurea as cheap as bogart? as far as i know, tabac aurea sells at 35$ for 17ml of parfum extrait, while bogart might be 35$ for 100mls!

terre is easy to find if i'm living in one of the bigger cities, unfortunately I don't and my work occupies too much of my time

ok ignoring the price, how is tabac compared to bogart then?

Haven't tried tabac aurea, but i'm planning on getting some. Bogart pour Homme is a kinda classical cherry pipe tobacco fragrance, sweet but not cloying, long-lasting. You can find it cheap and you get something good for what you are paying (it's an OK frag, but don't expect chergui or tobacco vanilla)

I think you can't go wrong with Terre. It's a best seller and a crowd pleaser. Perhaps you don't get it at first sniff, but you'll get to love it. Great projection and longevity with some citrus, cedar, vetiver and a very rich earthy vibe.

hmm ok i guess i should head to the town and try the terre on then. btw, is tabac edT or edP?

Tabac Aurea is high concentration Parfum Extrait (more concentrated than EDP), that's why they sell it in 17ml and 34ml bottles.

Jacques Bogart Pour Homme

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Jacques Bogart Pour Homme
    because...?

How convnient is it to get to the nearest town to smell Terre d'Hermes?

for swap/sale:

I'm a medical student - final year - so i'm very busy right now with audits and on-calls and what not Furthermore I need to rely on public transport so even once I reach town (manchester), I need to go to another shopping center which is not in town to get it. pfffffft.

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    I'm a medical student - final year - so i'm very busy right now with audits and on-calls and what not Furthermore I need to rely on public transport so even once I reach town (manchester), I need to go to another shopping center which is not in town to get it. pfffffft.
    I know how hard it is to be a student, let alone a medical one too.

Give me about a week and I'll get some Terre d'Hermes samples out to you.

PM me your mailing address please.

for swap/sale:

pm-ed

Can't comment on Tabac Aurea - that one hasn't crossed my radar yet.
    I've got Jacques Bogart pH and find it very easy to get along with. It's pleasant, light, easy to wear all year round, day or night, and gets me compliments whenever I wear it.
    You can't go wrong with Terre d'Hermes in my opinion.... a real winner. I'm sure you'd find it in Manchester city centre - House of Frazer; John Lewis; Selfridges; Harvey Nichols, etc will have testers you can sample from.... mind you, with a generous offer like that from hedonist, you won't need to trek round Manchester now.....
    Be aware though - you can get Terre d'Hermes in both EDP and EDT (I think!).

yeah in both edt and edp, kind of favouring the edt one from reviews but guess i'll wait and see! yeah it is pretty easy to find but....all these work is making me suicidal lol. i'm awaiting my Bogart from Cheapsmells, as for the Tabac, I'm waiting till Laurie (from sonoma scent) releases a green summer scent - which she revealed to me she in working on - before I buy, to make the postage worth while.

but knowing me, I'll get impatient so... :P

Well I don't think you'll be waiting too long on Cheapsmells - always found them to be very good on delivery (and price!). (In fact, I ordered a couple of items from them for myself only yesterday).
    Another one you might want to investigate is "Apparition Homme Intense" from (Emanuel) Ungaro. Cheapsmells have it at a very reasonable price. It's nothing like TdH or Bogart, but it's different, easy to wear, gets compliments, and on top of that, it's really quite good.

ohh sweet price! might consider that as well, sounds good. any advice on the lasting power and sillage? hot/cold weather?

oh and similarities?

It's quite a long time since I last wore it, so my memory is a little hazy - and I'm by no means an expert - but it's generally a quite sweet smell with really good longevity. It has a kind of spicy smokiness about it too. Sillage/projection is difficult to gauge, but I do remember being complimented on it by a girl serving me at the bank, from the opposite side of the counter.
    Where do you get Tabac Aurea (or other Sonoma scents) from in the UK?

Sonoma scents I'm looking to get them directly from the USA, postage will be bout USD 10.50 for Int'l 1st class, no way i'm paying USD 32 for Int'l Priority lol. after reading reviews I'm honestly really tempted. you can check them out:

http://www.sonomascentstudio.com/index.shtml

Don't think there are places in the UK selling them as far as I know....I might be wrong.

Similarities....??....now there's a difficult question..... Not sure I can say..... it's definitely a "modern" scent, I would say. I'm not at all well up on more recent introductions.
    There are some good reviews of it in Basenotes' fragrance directory though.
    I've just dug out my old bottle - it's virtually empty now tho - and sprayed some on my wrist. I'd say that in the early stages, it smells like I remember the way D&G The One smells. Fresh, sweet, light.
    I'm now (after 20 mins or so) beginning to pick up a touch of the spiciness that I remember.
    Hope that helps....

That's great help, as I have D&G The One sitting on my desk as well lol. I love that scent, problem with it is that it lasts at most an hour on me, which is a right shame.

Thanks for that link to sonoma scents - looks like I'll be trying out some of theirs soon!!
    I'm really liking this Apparition I sprayed on my wrist.... I think I need to order another bottle!! I'd forgotten how good it was!!
    At the price Cheapsmells have it, it has to be worth a punt. If you do decide to give it a go, let me know what you think. I'm sure you'll like it.

very tempting...if the longevity is good I will definitely consider it...was/am planning to save for the Aventus...hmm

I've not tried Bogart, but I can say that Tabac Aurea is wonderful though a bit sweet and on the Oriental side of things. You should definitely give it a try before you make a decision. Much as its name implies, TB is a beautiful golden tobacco cascaded by cherry, plum, vanilla, tonka, labdanum, and musk.

Quote Originally Posted by bokaba View Post
    I've not tried Bogart, but I can say that Tabac Aurea is wonderful though a bit sweet and on the Oriental side of things. You should definitely give it a try before you make a decision. Much as its name implies, TB is a beautiful golden tobacco cascaded by cherry, plum, vanilla, tonka, labdanum, and musk.
    I'll definitely do! now if only I live in the USA with easy access to good niche

btw your description is making me long for it asap lol. i ordered Bogart earlier today, so i'll wait for that to arrive and if it's not to my fancy, i'll order the tabac.

Thanks for that bokaba...Sonoma Scents do a sample service, so it looks like I'm going to be looking into a few items from their range.
    I'm thinking of Ambre Noir; Tabac Aurea; Winter Woods; To Dream and probably Incense Pure.

Quote Originally Posted by HDD8 View Post
    Thanks for that bokaba...Sonoma Scents do a sample service, so it looks like I'm going to be looking into a few items from their range.
    I'm thinking of Ambre Noir; Tabac Aurea; Winter Woods; To Dream and probably Incense Pure.
    now if only you are in preston....

I think I drove through it once.... a long while back.......

just bought myself 5 samples, and they provide 1 free sample if you ordered more than 4. how nice all for £13. not too shaby.

They're two fairly different scents.

Bogart pour Homme is more floral, sweeter, less harsh, overall a lighter fragrance.

TA is more dry, smokier, has some leather and amber notes, and lasts way longer.

My vote goes to TA, but both are nice in their own way.