Code of Conduct

Default New fragrance: Hussein Chalayan and Comme des Garcons - Airborne

Default Re: New fragrance: Hussein Chalayan and Comme des Garcons - Airborne

Sounds interesting, although the notes they list are reminiscent other CdGs. Hinoki 2, with a heavy dose of citrus up front?
    Thanks for posting this.

notes look great. mastic gum doesn't get enough airtime in fragrances, I hope this one is good.
    I know from my personal blends that it goes excellent with juniper and frankincense.
    I'm guessing this will be a bright, green scent with sharp citrus that mellows to a boring base.

Sounds very interesting!!! Thanks for the info!!!
    Gary

saruhpatates, you're right mastik gum doesnt get enough exposure or usage as it should.
    Without the excess sugar that chewing gum companies shove into it, mastik gum is actually nice aromatically.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by sarıpatates View Post
    notes look great. mastic gum doesn't get enough airtime in fragrances.
    agree.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

What does mastic gum smell like, is it sweet?

not really, but it's mainly used in desserts as far as cuisine goes.
    it's probably the brightest resin fragrance and it's quite volatile. top, mid note basically. an accord I've made of juniper oil, frankincense co2 (not smoky) and cardamom gave me a pretty good impression of mastic gum, but your mileage may vary.

basically, it's terpenic, bright, lemony and a bit roasted woody type of thing. it takes its name from chewing, as it was one of the first gums people used to masticate, so maybe because of that I also think of it as refreshing as well.

Basenotes Institution

Looks affordable, thank goodness. I think the bottle is horribly simple, but if the juice is good I'm interested regardless.
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think the bottle is horribly simple.
    My thought, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I think the bottle is horribly simple
    I saw this in the Scented Salamander link

and thought, "Oh my, that Thierry de Baschmakoff has gone off the deep end, hasn't he?"

The actual bottle seems alright, a bit like a cross between Eau de Campagne and the PdE bottles, both of which I like.