Code of Conduct

Thread: Amouage Honour

Thumbs up Amouage Honour

Thanks to a drawing, we have a set of Honour Man/Woman samples headed our way. As I like pepper anyway, I'm excited to try it out!

Edit: Thanks to those helping edit spelling air-uhz.
    Last edited by Daryl J.; 4th June 2011 at 06:01 PM. Reason: Spelling error, fixed in text, unable to fix title.

Default Re: Amouage Honor

Great. Just make sure you spell it right - Honour.

Good catch, thanks.

Apologize in advance if my post came out offensive. It was not meant to. In reality I'm looking for feedback regarding their new fragrance. I'm right in the middle of sampling various Amouage frags and I'm becoming a fan.

It didn't, no worries. I'd not noticed Amouage used Anglicized spelling so my thanks. Editing did not allow to change the title. As to Amouage, with experience you'll become a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    Thanks to a drawing, we have a set of Honour Man/Woman samples headed our way. As I like pepper anyway, I'm excited to try it out!
    Have ordered mine too! ;-) It's on its way;-) very curious here;-)
    Last edited by Bonoanimoes; 3rd June 2011 at 08:18 PM.

I too have a sample of this coming and can't wait to try it. I tend to really admire well done packaging and I think this stuff is nearly HG worthy (if there is such a thing as a holy grail when it comes to packaging ). The white gold and black are beautiful. I do wish that the men's bottle had less white to gray contrast with the butterfly wings/petals (in other words, I wish it was more like the feminine box) but that's a small gripe.

The notes list has me unsure of what to expect. If I had to guess, I'm imagining something like a cross between Bang (elemi and pepper!), Byredo's Chembur (frankincense, elemi and nutmeg), Jardin du Nil (geranium!), and a bit of Allure Homme Edition Blanche (for the tonka).

Waiting with bated breath, here!
    Last edited by SculptureOfSoul; 3rd June 2011 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

Sounds very interesting. Looking forward to wider availability of samples, but I'll rely on y'all's noses until then.

This is the first time I've seen tonka beans listed in a men's Amouage, I believe. Also, the notes list seems very short, simple, and to the point. Despite being based on the theme of a filial elegy, I wonder if this might not be more bright and optimistic than Epic and Memoir. If it can capture that duality of emotion - of sorrow and that resolve, almost an obligation on one's part to the deceased to carry on and be strong and find the love and passion for life once again - it's going to be a real winner. It'll also hit very close to home for me emotionally given the events of this year.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

very peppery, very spicey....has a sort of cool camphorous quality about it, whilst still remaining warm......oh yes, this will be mine!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl J. View Post
    It didn't, no worries. I'd not noticed Amouage used Anglicized spelling so my thanks. Editing did not allow to change the title. As to Amouage, with experience you'll become a fan.
    Click the 'go advanced' button and you should be able to edit the title..
    We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils.

Swaps
    Wanted

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    very peppery, very spicey....has a sort of cool camphorous quality about it, whilst still remaining warm......oh yes, this will be mine!!
    Does it have some similarities with Penhaligon`s Elixir? -Or maby a more powerful version of Opus 1870?

I'm not really familiar with Penhaligon`s, so I can't say!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Str8_SHAVER View Post
    Nice. How does it compare to Epic Man? That's probably my favorite Amouage at the moment.

Also, is it at all lemony and/or frankincense heavy?
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!

what I've reported was from a single spritz, thereafter my skin 'real estate' as well as my nose had become overloaded...so it's final progression would have been tainted, so a full report will have to wait until I can give it a full wearing.........but what I encountered was enough to convince me that I will be returning to purchase a bottle when it becomes available.......