Code of Conduct

Default SotD Sunday, 5th June 2011

Aah, Sunday. Hope everyone's doing well.

Chanel: Bois des Îles.

Default Re: SotD Sunday, 5th June 2011

Lovely pic, gandhajala! I joined you earlier, because I have two early morning scents on my wrists... Bois des Iles EdT and Parfum Sacre EdP... both thanks to kind BN friends BdI I love, but is too thin in EdT for my skin. Parfum Sacre I disliked a lot in the past, but can tolerate it today.
    I will later apply my SotD after a bath and probably go in Vol de Nuit as I am away for the day... high time for my weekly almond oil bath, because my skin is very dry in summer (sun, wind, pool).
    My favorite rose in the garden is in bloom...

FALSTAFF!
    Enjoy your Sunday!

Basenotes Plus

Good morning all. SotD is D'Orsay Le Dandy.

Hello everyone. Chanel 28 La Pausa.
    DONNA

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Bahiana.

Notes include Brazilian orange, caipirinha limon, mandarin, tagette, green leaf, rosewood, gaiac wood, elemi, amber, musk and coconut.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Ormonde Jayne Ormonde Woman. Stunningly beautiful: spicy and warm, with glints of greenness, and, with its hemlock note, a most unique fragrance. I can't think of anything else it smells like.

top: cardamom, coriander, grass oil
    heart: black hemlock, violet, jasmine absolute
    base: vetiver, cedar wood, amber, sandalwood

A good Sunday to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Good Sunday everyone!

Wearing No.5 EdC...

And preparing my suitcases because on Tuesday we're leaving on HOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAA YYYYYYYYYYYSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

To see my parents in Spain, that is, but away from routine, chores, work... You get my drift...

I hope I'll be able to post from there... Lack of time it will be... And I hope to sample a lot... Of course, I'll report...

Mmmm, some lovely smells around here today. I'm in Visa.
    Baldufita - hope you have a great time.

Hoping to go to the beach today so scent of the morning will be Hawaiian Tropic #30.

I do hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

Today I'm sampling Mure et Musc.

Off topic, but I just had to share. Last week I got to spend a few days in London (the trip of a lifetime for me). Anyway, I saw this as a great opportunity to see a Hermes boutique for the first time and sniff to my heart's content. But when I got there, they were closed for the bank holiday. I could see those Hermessence bottles through the window, so close and yet so far.

Thinking about it again brings a little tear to my eye.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!
    Suz, how disappointing! To see them and not be able to try them.
    Baldufita, have a great time on your trip to Spain!

Wearing Burberry Weekend this morning.
    Top notes: tangerine, tree sap, reseda plant
    Middle notes: wild rose, peach blossom, iris, hyacinth, nectarine
    Base notes: cedarwood, sandalwood

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Aw, suz894, your story sounds like a perfumista's bad dream. I was reminded of a meet-up between Tang and Ubuandibeme in Chicago. That city's dedicated L'Artisan boutique was short lived. Here is Ubuandibeme, unable to restrain her grief.

Sampling Azagury's namesake EdP. It opens with a citrus-like burst, but I think it's actually a green note harmonizing with ginger that averages out to make a citrus impression. Then, for a second, I thought I smelled bologna on toast with mayonnaise. That was weird. We'll see what happens as it dries down. The notes according to Lucky Scent: Rare Himalayan mogra, helianol, amber, mysore sandalwood, precious woods, ginger oil, Moroccan rose, white cyclamen aldehydes.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Guerlain - Cologne du 68

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Aah, Sunday. Hope everyone's doing well.

Chanel: Bois des Îles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larimar View Post
    Lovely pic, gandhajala!
    FALSTAFF!
    Enjoy your Sunday!
    Beautiful pictures - that rose *SIGH*. I love Louise Brooks- the woman fascinates me !

Chanel No. 5 EDP for morning . Up and about when I should be laying in............
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Morning everyone ( or more like afternoon, I guess) Still at my mom's. Tomorrow I'm visiting a veeery good friend Looking forward to it! Loving today's photos Sotd wise I'm joining the Chanel wearers in Coco edp.

Quote Originally Posted by Mimi Gardenia View Post
    I love Louise Brooks- the woman fascinates me !.....
    Me too Mimi- she was dreamy! (Actually, Louise Brooks has been on my mind of late. At the ballet last Saturday, there was a girl who was her absolute Doppelgänger: She had the same short black bob, same eye makeup, same '20s style hat and dress. Incredible. I manoeuvred myself to stand next to her during the interval, but as usual, I was too shy to say anything. *sigh*).

Anyway, SotA/E will be En Avion (parfum) again. Intoxicating stuff and to my nose, oh-so sexy.

Best to all.
    Last edited by gandhajala; 5th June 2011 at 03:54 PM. Reason: wayward 'e'

Basenotes Institution

Lavanda Tonica by Acqua di Parma

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Cartoonish Royalty Le Grand Duc's Avatar

SotD - Platinum Égoïste
    SotE - N°5, parfum

Hermès Eau de Gentiane Blanche.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

I wore Waterford's Lismore for this morning's early a.m. church service. The drydown is so nice I might just refresh and stay in this all day. But Eau Première is calling me again. It smelled so nice yesterday.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Sunday, 5th June 2011

Great scent for this warm Sunday in Lisbon

COLOGNE SOLOGNE

Patricia de Nicolaï
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Basenotes Plus

Thought I'd check in....we spend a hunk of last night at the emergency room. Sofie had a migraine so bad she lost her vision, could barely walk, stand & was weeping from the pain.
    She had her very first IV and was a trooper about it.
    I'll follow up tomorrow with her pediatrician & the neurologist.

SOTD is LUSH soap in Snowcake. Keeping it light for Miss Ma'am (who is still sleeping.)

Enough about us.....
    I love the pictures we post on SOTD. Larimar, I am crazy in love with that rose! Falstaff, you say? It looks like an old garden rose. Is it fragrant? Looks like it is.
    Inees...have a good visit with your friend.
    It is sooooo frustrating to make a trip to a much anticipated destination, only to find it closed. I feel your pain suz!

Nearly all of my roses are in bloom, along with the pyracantha & spirea bushes and the last of the iris and peonies.

RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Bon voyage, Baldufita. Spain is perfect!

I am leaving today on a vacation as well--to France!! I am excited beyond belief, as it has been four years...Perfume destinations. In Paris i will buy Vol de Nuit extrait at Le Printemps, as I have a foreigner's 10%-off coupon there. I may also pick up some Histoires de Parfums, if not at Printemps, then at a small boutique down the block from the Marais apt. that we are renting for the week.
    And finally, dear ones, I will go to Grasse! I am so excited! In addition to the museum and factory tours, I will buy a bottle of Habanita parfum for my daughter!
    What with the uncertain ecomony and the vagaries of aging, this may be my last fabulous French blast! I intend to live it to the fullest!

Oh, I am wearing a concoction from Soapology that seemed right for the plane ride. It is a perfume oil with notes of gardenia and amber.
    A bientot!

Ohhhhhh, RHM, how much more suffering do you have to go through I wonder? Hugs to you and Ms. Ma'am.

JonR, please ship all your unwanted penguins here, we might need them to cool off some, +36C (98F) here tomorrow, just a bit cooler today.

That's a bummer, suz894.

Baldufita, you guys have good time down at your parents'. Therese, enjoy your own France.

Cammy, welcome. You can start a new SotD thread when it is after midnight where you are, otherwise many of us are posting on the same thread with our SotE (Scent of the Evening).

Continuing Citrus theme this weekend in Trefle Pur by Atelier, a nice summery cologne with clover.

Khaliji by Al Rehab Concentrate Parfum Oil

CdG ~ Kyoto

Basenotes Plus

Baldufita / Therese, enjoy your holidays.

RHM, sorry to hear of your ordeal. I do hope things settle down eventually.

Twolf, you have my sympathy. Cool and cloudy here today and I won't be suggesting a location swap.

SotE - Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Bel Ami this morning
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Sampling Or et Noir extrait this morning. It opened with... is that perm solution? Now I'm getting the rose and something almost soapy. Not sure I have the patience today to see it through. Maybe Gucci EdP or Nanadebary Pink or....

Update: ok, not to disparage the Or et Noir... it smells perfectly acceptable now, pretty rose with a faint touch of powder and spice.
    Last edited by kasae; 5th June 2011 at 05:15 PM.

Sampling CdG Monocle Hinoki as I loll about pre-shower.

Banned

Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent

RHM, I am so sorry to hear about Sofie having to go through such a horrific time. i do hope you both will have some answers soon as to what could be the cause of these horrible migraines. Such pain...

Baldufita, do enjoy holidays in Spain, such a lovely place to be

Therese, I am so envious of you right now. I also wish you a smashing and wonderful time. But, alas, I wish I was going also; it has been far too many years since I have been back and I feel it deeply. If you go to the Louvre, please think of me, so as I may vicariously be there with you; it was always my place to go and just unwind, not many places here such as that for me.

Today I am wearing a healthy spraying of Estee Lauder Cinnabar which is gorgeous.

Take care all.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser à sa source

Hello

It's been Versace Blonde for me today!I mean the whole day ...why is this so magnificent ?It lasts 12 hours plus on me
    My TOP 2 Ever
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

(((RHM and Sofie))) I hope Sofie feels much better soon.

Have a great time, Therese and Baldufita.

I am not wearing anything yet, but i think I will have Cristalle EdT
    Evenstar

So sorry about your daughter's migraines RHM, I do, sadly, know how bad these can get. I hope it's nothing ominous and that she can get treatment that will prevent and/or a good rescue medicine that can put her back in action.

For the afternoon, Prairie Nymph. Today maybe over to the sniff'n' speak in a little while, this is legit citrus. Fantabulous scent.

Therese and Baldufita -- safe and fun travels to both of you! RHM, I hope Sophie is feeling better.

Wearing Jil Sander Scent 79 today. Take care, all.

RHM, I wish you and your daughter well!!! Falstaff it is... not very fragrant, but discreetly as many beautiful things in life. Plant it somewhere in the half shade and not full sun... the amazingly deep and velvety color is unbelievable... the pics do not do it justice. Yes, very old-fashioned. I also have many historic roses... the most wonderfully fragrant is Parfum de l'Hay, but despite my green thumb I haven't been terribly lucky with this one. The color of Falstaff is, again, unbelievable.
    Therese... Paris and Vol de Nuit as well as Grasse and Habanita Extrait sound like top class and style fragrances to me. Do enjoy your holiday and enjoy every minute of it!
    No SotE today since I still got the magnificent faint wafts of my Vol de Nuit when driving home tonight... nothing could do it justice.
    Gandhajala, I'm happy to hear En Avion is oh so sexy for you. I absolutely agree!!! I am hard pressed to check back tomorrow as SotD just to make sure

Basenotes Plus

Good news, my girl is feeling better today. One of her friends came over to check on her.

However, some of my perfumes do bother her. (She hadn't wanted to tell me.) So far we have identified Chanel #5, Dior Poison, Origins Ginger Essence as causing problems. Sofie says it's "tuberose & woods" that bother her. I think it's aldehydes too. We aren't testing any more so we don't trigger another migraine.

Keeping it light this afternoon in Laurie Stern's natural "Jasmine & Orange Blossom" fragrance, from a sample.

Thanks to everyone for your concern.

Here's a link to one of my daughters' favorite videos.

http://youtu.be/SXpgvsllTgs
    Last edited by RHM; 6th June 2011 at 12:22 AM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

When I was in Blackbird yesterday, I had a conversation with the shopkeeper about tuberose, and I decided I shouldn't be scared of trying my neglected sample of Carnal Flower just because of its reputation. After all, I survived (and rather liked) Tubereuse Criminelle on a hot day like today. So, since I am not going to be going out in public in any enclosed spaces today, I decided to give it a try.

Wishing Baldufita and Therese an enthusiastic "Bon Voyage!"

My SotD is an interesting one, Floris Madonna of the Almonds (thanks to a special BN friend for sharing a sample!).

The description from the Floris website: "Fresh zesty citrus notes of bergamot and lemon, so redolent of Italy, mingle with the delicate floral accord of almond blossom, jasmine and a hint of the bitter almond kernel. Counterbalanced by the sweetness of vanilla and a secret mix of fruits and spices this fruity floral fragrance is underscored by incense, sandalwood and musks."

I am REALLY enjoying it! Any of you looking for an unsweet almond fragrance that is more than just almond should consider this.

Basenotes Plus

The diversity of this thread is amazing today- travelling from icons of the 20's to gorgeous gardening, Jon smells extra good in his bahiana, B is off to Spain, those d**m British bank holidays foul up another Yank vacation, and my personal favorite post today is a tie between Quarry 's post about smelling the "bologna on toast with mayonnaise" note and finding out Magasin Printemps has a 10% foreigner discount. Good...to....know.

Earlier it was my new (to me) 14 ml bottle of Histoires de Parfums 1804 This has a gorgeous heart and drydown
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Finishing up a sample of Jasmin de Nuit by The Different Company this Sunday evening.
    Notes of Egyptian jasmin, amber, blackcurrant, star anise, spices, cinammon, cardamom, sandalwood.
    It's soooo lovely! Good night sweetie pies!

Smell Bent sunshine and Demeter Pineapple. I was inna fruity mood today. TBS Vanilla Perfume oil for the evening. Today was a simple day.

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Angel Liqueur de Parfum today.

Sending hugs to RHM and Sofie ...

Great Pictures today and everyday!!! Thanks to all who contribute!!!
    Colonia Assoluta by Acqua Di Parma
    Gary

Un Jardin en Méditerranée this afternoon.

Spending the evening with Kouros (Pierre Bourdon). A much talked about scent, but I had no idea how smelled. No urinal puck here I don't think... but then I don't really know what one would smell like. Not polarising for me yet.

Basenotes Plus

Sote /testing OperaIII by Robert Capucci. Lovely scent but incredibly light. Will be great in hot weather.
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Aw, suz894, your story sounds like a perfumista's bad dream. I was reminded of a meet-up between Tang and Ubuandibeme in Chicago. That city's dedicated L'Artisan boutique was short lived. Here is Ubuandibeme, unable to restrain her grief.

.[/I]
    Quarry, Ubu - what a pic ! Lord knows I have wanted to do that sometimes.

Many thoughts and huggies for RHM and sweet daughter.

Stila Creme Bouquet tonight. We're getting real weird rainy weather for June . I'm not complaining as the 3 digit heat will come soon enough. It feels like global cooling and not global warming.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.