Code of Conduct

Default The prevalance of fakes

Hey everyone,

Maybe a bit of an eyeopener for some, definitely was for me, and gives everyone some due warning watching out for fakes on sites like E-bay (If you do buy from E-bay common scents).

Ioffer is kind of a smaller second fiddle to E-bay, but one of the more popular auction sites out there. Giving you an idea of the number of fake fragrances offered out there, I was surprised that they are faking even the more uncommon fragrances.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/paco-rabanne...80ml-172775767

Keep safe and buy from Authorized Dealers or known dealers. If you are going to buy on E-bay more common scents, stick to the smaller sized bottles.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Default Re: The prevalance of fakes

It seems that ad is for 1million, a bestselling fragrance all around the world. Any bestseller that you can buy online, at kiosk, swap meet, etc, is almost guaranteed to be fake. It is unfortunate, but what can you do? Better to pay full price rather than waste money on crap.

That site looks very shady in general, I would not purchase any item from there.

Just like the saying:

"If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

If one chooses to buy a famous scent for such cut-rate prices, all I can say is "buyer beware," and "don't be surprised at what you receive."

P.T. Barnum said, "There is a sucker born every minute." This is usu. enough to keep these swindlers in business as they don't expect repeat buyers.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."
    Agree

yeah i agree too. but definitely this fragrance is a bestseller in europe so not surprised someone has attempted to fake it