Code of Conduct

Default Jovan Musk for Men Evening Edition

Has anyone tried the Evening Edition of Jovan Musk for Men? I am presuming it is an intense version which Jovan launched in the '80s.
    Last edited by pk116; 8th June 2011 at 12:31 AM.

Default Re: Jovan Musk for Men Evening Edition

I haven't seen this edition. Is it a new release?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamp View Post
    I haven't seen this edition. Is it a new release?
    Nah.

Basenotes Plus

Hello -

I wanted to pick up this old thread. One of the rarer bottles from the Jovan line. I was able to get a couple of the small .85oz (25ml) splash bottles of this for a fair price. They were dusty, but well-kept.

Jovan Musk for Men Evening Edition was released in 1985 - and has since been discontinued. Not impossible to find, but definitely rather rare and something that is guaranteed to be "Vintage" if you have some.

I did a full-wearing this evening of Vintage Jovan Musk for Men (original). I put several dabs of Jovan's evening addition on my forearm to do a test. It is definitely different. It seems to be a more focused scent - I get more animalic musk and not mint or light notes like in the regular formulation which is airy and radiant. This wears closer and has depth to it.

I am going to do a more full wearing in the next couple of days - but curious to hear what others know as well from this old thread. The spices are there but not much citrus at all, but it is definitely a stronger musk and more "formal" scent. I still get some florals, amber and wood. Interesting.

Anyone else have comments on it? I am liking what is here. The contrast of it next to Jovan Musk for Men (Vintage as well) is what really shows just "how" different it is).

Cheers,

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by pk116 View Post
    Nah.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen