Code of Conduct

Default DERRICK by ORLANE ...

Hi Guys ,, I got myself a bottle some 5 months ago and its fantastic ! .. its in the same vein as Lagerfeld "Photo" sweet & smoky .. I liked this juice so much that I put a search on Ebay and only one has showed up recently but it was "Silver " now i have read that "Black" is very very nice .. Anyway the day arrived & bidding opened , as usual it became frenzied at the end .. I nearly won this bottle of Derrick Silver but damn ! and now I must know what its like !!! . Its the only time I've seen one on their .. of any type ....
    ** My Question : Are these colognes considered cheapies in Europe ?
    ** What are your opinions on the range ?
    cheers ... D

Default Re: DERRICK by ORLANE ...

I have Derrick too and like it. Its gutsy and full of character. If you like such full bodied mens fragrances I recommend you try One Man Show, Witness and Bogart, ( all from the firm Jacques Bogart and all reasonably priced ). In addition try Basile Uomo from the italian firm Basile, (again very powerful stuff !)
    The firm Orlane is not quite what it used to be, struggling under this global shit planet we now live in.Their products are high quality and are priced mid-range. I have not tried Derrick Black or Silver yet, but in a few weeks I will be in france, try them out and let you know my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    I have Derrick too and like it. Its gutsy and full of character. If you like such full bodied mens fragrances I recommend you try One Man Show, Witness and Bogart, ( all from the firm Jacques Bogart and all reasonably priced ). In addition try Basile Uomo from the italian firm Basile, (again very powerful stuff !)
    The firm Orlane is not quite what it used to be, struggling under this global shit planet we now live in.Their products are high quality and are priced mid-range. I have not tried Derrick Black or Silver yet, but in a few weeks I will be in france, try them out and let you know my opinion.
    Hi David,

I would be willing to know your opinion about the other fragrancs of Derrick. I use the original one, but I have never seen Derrick Black or Silver. I love Derrick, but I wonder how the other versions of it smell like. Are they just a slightly differet versions of Derrick o a completely different versions that you don't smell anything from the original Derrick ( Like in Egoiste en Egoiste Platinum.)

Many thanks David ,, I'll be eagerly awaiting your opinions on the other two in the Derrick range .. cheers .

I found this fragrance very gross. I bought a bottle cheep on ebay about two months ago and found it very dated and just plain awful smelling.

The bottle is very cheep looking too. I have feeling this is a scent sold in discount drug stores abroad. To the trash it went for me!
    Last edited by scentimus; 20th June 2007 at 02:07 AM.

Well .... Six months after posting & almost 12 months after first sampling - I must say again that this cologne is incredible and I recieve many compliments when wearing it .
    I agree that the bottle is cheap as scentimus mentioned .. (( But fella's don't let the bottle or negative comments stop you from trying it if you haven't done so already .
    If you like colognes like Basala & Photo you should like this cheapie !!

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I just dug this out from the back of my perfume cabinet and I really like it. It's sort of Pierre Cardin on steroids. I don't know why it's almost never mentioned on here when we're discussing really good ultra-cheap fragrances. I've got this on my left elbow and Kiss Him on my right, and I'm in ultra-cheap manly man's fragrance heaven. You have to like 70's style, but if you do, a blind buy should be in order.

Now I'm inspired to dig mine out from my collection too and give it a go!

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Now I'm inspired to dig mine out from my collection too and give it a go!
    Do it, hednic! Maybe we'll create a new basenotes sensation. I'm really having a retro 70's party with it. :-)

Good to see there is a bit of action on this cologne .
    Ok , i must mention that there is no Black one per:se .
    Its the dark green bottle & i noticed years ago , that some Ebay sellers referred to it as black & the name has stuck .
    I do know that a Silver & Gold are available .
    Have any of you tried Derrick Silver or Derrick Gold ?
    Hednic ?

SALES
    JANUARY 2013 ..http://community.basenotes.net/showthread.php?t=232133

*** SPECIAL - LUI ROCHAS , 3.3oz Sealed ***

FLACON .. Updating Soon flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?t=43

I like this one. Smells green, a bit leathery with some spice in it. Not sure if that is what others get, but its quite wearable. Usually I am not too fond of fragrances from this genre, but this last couple of years I am comming across a few that I like.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !