Code of Conduct

Thread: Ducati For Men

Default Ducati For Men

Yesterday I sprayed on four scents on the back of my hands and wrists at a perfume shop to test out. Three disappeared after four or five hours - a sign of good standard strength under clothes.

But the Ducati is still going strong, nearly 24 hours later. It's a very pleasant aromatic, slightly fruity, woody scent.

I was quite surprised, I didn't think they were still making very long lasting scents nowadays. I'm going to pick up a bottle.

Anybody else tried it?
    Regards,
    Renato

Default Re: Ducati For Men

Well, the Ducati For Men is getting weak after 31 hours on my wrist.

Judging from the lack of comments, I guess no one else here has ever tried it.
    Regards,
    Renato

i didn't know a Ducati fragrance even existed

Quote Originally Posted by Stefano S View Post
    i didn't know a Ducati fragrance even existed
    That's you and just about everyone else it seems!

Thanks for replying.

It was released in 2010, and has been available in Australia for most of that time in one perfume chain store.

Regards,
    Renato

No, never tried it. Blue juice always worries me. Love the bottle, though.

What kind(s) of fruit and wood are we talking? Is it similar to anything you know of? And better?

http://www.perfumania.com/shop/mens/..._193128.1.html

The notes actually look good.

A lot of people immediately write off car/celeb frags. I sure don't, I'm glad you're the same way too, Renato.. a true fragrance fanatic, willing to give any fragrance its fair try.

I'm going to have check back but I swear I saw a low cut Red Guerlain Homme with ducatti on the side as I whistled thru Guerlain tonight. My guess is a 50ml version - anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    I'm going to have check back but I swear I saw a low cut Red Guerlain Homme with ducatti on the side as I whistled thru Guerlain tonight. My guess is a 50ml version - anybody?
    That seems unlikely but awesome if true.

Pininfarina designed the original Guerlain Homme bottle, as well as a host of other lovely and indispensible things, including some of the most sought-after Ferraris in existence and, my personal favorite, the original Giulietta Spider Veloce.

You're right - it's the 30ml pininfarina edition - I just took a glance and 'fast cars' obviously registered somewhere. Sorry folks - as you were

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    You're right - it's the 30ml pininfarina edition - I just took a glance and 'fast cars' obviously registered somewhere. Sorry folks - as you were
    I still think it's cool.

The_Cologneist makes a fair point about not writing off car/celebrity fragrances, but I do my best to try and like perfumes created by companies whose products usually come with engines. They appeal to the part of me that wants to shout "vroom vroom" every I see a pretty car and bathe in gasket fluid before going to work. Which is why I hope Ducati for Men turns out to be good.

Things with freakish longevity creep me out a bit, though. It's as if the laws of nature have been violated somehow--which, let's face it, the captive molecules in this probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by Emlynevermore View Post
    No, never tried it. Blue juice always worries me. Love the bottle, though.

What kind(s) of fruit and wood are we talking? Is it similar to anything you know of? And better?
    I'm hopeless with notes, so I don't even try. Fragrantica's description is,
    "The opening of the composition is translucent and airy, built around citrus accords, including grapefruit and bergamot, with juniper berries and angelica leaf. The heart contains a blend of green notes of papyrus, cyclamen and fig leaves, intensified by nutmeg. The base includes musk and precious woody notes of vetiver, guaiac wood and driftwood."

I'm not sure what drift wood is supposed to smell like.
    Regards,
    Renato

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cologneist View Post
    http://www.perfumania.com/shop/mens/..._193128.1.html

The notes actually look good.

A lot of people immediately write off car/celeb frags. I sure don't, I'm glad you're the same way too, Renato.. a true fragrance fanatic, willing to give any fragrance its fair try.
    Thanks. Talking of car fragrances. Over the last few weeks I actually became rather fond of sampling Ferrari Uomo - more complex than the other Ferrari's I've tried. Then I saw it on sale and grabbed it. But it's longevity is standard, nothing like the Ducati one.

The only real car racing scent I've come across is Santa Maria Novella's Nostalgia - makes me feel like I'm working in the pits.
    Regards,
    Renato

Tried this one over the weekend. It's nice...but there is a JALEPENO note in there that is pretty overwhelmeing to my nose. After that, it's good - and like Renato said, long lasting.