Code of Conduct

Default Do the chain stores carry any hard-to-finds / discontinued ones? Have you seen any?

Referring to the Sasas / Bonjours / Seibus (?)

If yes, which particular branch, what particular frag?

If I remember correctly I was at one store (I'm not sure if it was a chain, really...I'm not even sure of the name -- Goodwell? Goodwill? Just not the 3 I mentioned above, not Fanda either)...and I found a Puig Sybaris -- which I did not get because I was noob without an internet connection to verify from BN what it actually is -- and a Lacoste Land.

Why I didn't get those when I was there haunts me to this day.
    I'll be going there soon so hopefully I don't make the same mistake again.
    Currently wearing: New West for Him by Aramis

Default Re: Do the chain stores carry any hard-to-finds / discontinued ones? Have you seen any?

Goodyear Perfumery in Cameron Rd. Tsim Sha Tsui (MTR TST Exit B) is the one you are looking for. Nearby, about a block down Nathan Rd. (walk towards the harbour) is a Fanda that carries a pretty good selection but Goodyear is the one for lucky finds from the late 80s and early 90s. Have fun!

There is also a Fanda tucked away on Peddar Street right in the heart of Central that is worth a look - a few oldies but goldies turn up there. Given the price of real estate I'm not sure how long this one will stay in such a prime location, though!

Update:

I was in Cameron Road yesterday and Goodyear has gone. Will dig out their number and try to track down the owner, hopefully they have just moved - watch this space.
    Last edited by mr. reasonable; 26th September 2011 at 07:45 AM.

Default Re: Do the chain stores carry any hard-to-finds / discontinued ones? Have you seen any?

Since August, Goodyear Perfume Centre is operating in two locations. One in 2A Humphreys Avenue (Exit A2) and another in 8 Carnavon Road (Exit D2).
    Last edited by Shining Star; 13th October 2011 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Star View Post
    Since August, Goodyear Perfume Centre is operating in two locations. One in 2A Humphreys Avenue (Exit A2) and another in 8 Carnavon Road (Exit D2).
    I'm just across the border in Shenzhen; does anyone know if the 'Goodyear Perfume Centre' is still around? Thank you!

Update: they have a nice website, at the very least.
    Last edited by bagerhat; 16th February 2019 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Web Update
    Currently wearing: Vetiver by Guerlain