Code of Conduct

Default MAITRE PARFUMEUR et GANTIER_ PARIS CALLING – Series 1

The only Parisien shop exisiting today is at 5 rue Cuppccines. Very close to Place Vendome and the Opera House (Garnier). Approaching the shop your immediately thrown back into a bygone era of elegance.

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

If “Ladies of the Night” frequented Annick Goutals for top ups. Mistresses and lovers discretely visited MAITRE PARFUMEUR et GANTIER’s for his and hers scents.

Who do you know today that offers scents for ladies perfumed gloves?

You bought little square perfumed sacks that you inserted into and wore with the glove on the inside wrist potion of the glove. So when other people when introduced would take your perfumed gloved hand bend their head as if to kiss your hand. At that point they would be seduced with your scent and then become your prey.

An era of opulent elegance with haute couture dresses and dare I say it mink fur trimmings and long shapeless dresses with loose lace tops. Black long ebony Cigarette holders, Cartier leopard diamond bracelets with chauffeurs in black costumes and hats fighting for valuable space to park in front of the shop door.

Adding charm to Jardin du Nil, Eau des iles, Santal Noble, Route de Vetiver, Jardin Blanc, Jardin du Neroli, Parfum Habit, Grain de Plaisir etc….

Originally a Jean Laporte creation (!989) that eventually was sold off as a separate entity (1997) when he went on too create L’Artisan Perfumer. More to a point a financial banker who thought his calling in life was more in tune with scents then stocks and shares approached Jean Laporte with a proposition to sell out. His name was Jean-Paul Millet Lage. He wanted not just to own the mark but also wanted to learn the art of making perfumes so he could do his own creations. Part of the deal was a four-year apprenticeship under Jean Laporte before he took over Maitre Parfumeur ET Gantier.

Today Jean-Paul Millet Lage is still and has been for the last twenty odd years the Maitre nez for his own Maison Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier.

He has two new creations coming out in 30 days. Opps the secret is out. Help it means I need to go and look for my duelling pistols as I am sure he will take a perfumed glove and whip it across my face! Some chance as I would never make it on time. Imagine 5 o’clock up in the morning before sunrise in Place des Vosges? Well that’s another story!

Last edited by kccparis; 11th June 2011 at 10:19 AM.

Default Re: MAITRE PARFUMEUR et GANTIER_ PARIS CALLING – Series 1

Wow!

Do they have the dog at the boutique! that's lovely, i'm sold!

Very nice. Thank you for this Sir, it made my morning!

Enjoying this little walk-around a lot, thanks

Thanks for sharing all these lovely impressions here! Applause!

please keep these up kcc.
    thanks a lot .

Great shop & great fragrances.

AromiErotici

Nice post and thank you for the images and info.

kccparis thanks for taking us on this really cool tour around Paris, I love all the entries in these series.

Thanks fro the posts and looking forward to the new scents! MpG remains my favourite house

I remember my wife and I jamming the tiny entrance with our twins stroller because it wouldn't fit in.
    So we pulled it in halfway rendering the entrance useless for the 15 mins web were there.
    Thankfully no customers visited at that time.
    Did you see the amber at the begining of the lined re bottles? It had a bolden cap. She said ths amber for shaikh.
    Makes amber precieux feel like pauper's amber.

for swap/sale:

Ah, it has been too long since I have been back in la Belle France and now you have made me miss it more than ever.
    Quand on boit l'eau, il faut penser ΰ sa source

Blog Entries

"You bought little square perfumed sacks that you inserted into and wore with the glove on the inside wrist potion of the glove. So when other people when introduced would take your perfumed gloved hand bend their head as if to kiss your hand. At that point they would be seduced with your scent and then become your prey. "

This is so wonderful! Such a perfect depiction of la belle ιpoque...thank you for the rich detail.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Thank you for this post kccparis! I can't wait to visit the store next month. Any ideas on the price range of the scented gloves? Thanks again!

I also would like to know the price range of the scented gloves. I really do like the style of a glove, but never wore one myself.

When I was at the boutique last April the gloves were on sale and if I recall well, they were less than 100 Euros. The quality appeared to be very nice, so this would be a rather favorable price. The ones I saw at the boutique were all 'femme' to me.