Code of Conduct

Default Does anyone else dislike that sweet note in Dior Homme Sport?

Hey Guys:

I'm testing out my sample of Dior Homme Sport today. I have to say this one just isn't very good IMO. I detect some kind of sweet note that is reminiscent of some high school type frags like Ed Hardy Men or maybe Adidas Fair Play. Not sure what is the offending note here. I thought maybe coriander, but not sure if it's part of the pyramid. What do you guys think? I can't really think of any occasion when this would be perfect to wear. Is this even appropriate as a sport frag? Maybe just buy a sharpie pen, write sport after YSL L'Homme and call it a day.YSL L'Homme... ah yes... now that is ginger done right!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Does anyone else dislike that sweet note in Dior Homme Sport?

I agree that Dior Homme Sport has a weird note that turns me off, but I'm not quite sure what it is.

I wouldn't call it "sweet". It has more of a "cilantro" or "cigarette smoke on clothing" smell to me. I can't quite explain it, other than it smells like the taste I get in my mouth when I eat food with cilantro in it, or something like watermelon.

I'm assuming it's one of the woody amber aromachemicals. Whatever it is, I can't stand the fragrance because of it.
    SEEKING BOTTLES OF:

Aramis New West (preferably old bottle)
    Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland
    Azzaro Aqua
    Gloria by Cacharel

PM me if you have bottles that you're willing to sell or trade!

Quote Originally Posted by BradW View Post
    Hey Guys:

I'm testing out my sample of Dior Homme Sport today. I have to say this one just isn't very good IMO. I detect some kind of sweet note that is reminiscent of some high school type frags like Ed Hardy Men or maybe Adidas Fair Play. Not sure what is the offending note here. I thought maybe coriander, but not sure if it's part of the pyramid. What do you guys think? I can't really think of any occasion when this would be perfect to wear. Is this even appropriate as a sport frag? Maybe just buy a sharpie pen, write sport after YSL L'Homme and call it a day.YSL L'Homme... ah yes... now that is ginger done right!

Brad, you might wanna give this one a few shots...It's one of my favorite citrus/fresh/sport/whatever type of scents, and I've noticed a couple things about that sweet note your speaking on...1) It settles down fairly quickly into a vibrant, yet smooth aquatic-ginger and 2) If you spray from a further distance than usual, it's less pungent.

DHS is funny to me, because, due to the sweet note (mandarin? i don't know...) I sometimes cringe at the idea of applying it...however, 10 minutes after I have applied it, I'm always glad I did and I enjoy it for the rest of the day (which is another great thing about DHS...excellent longevity). I also think it projects much smoother than when you put your nose right up to it.

Give it a chance. I'm all for this one.

I've noticed that sprayer distance can change the smell as well. I'm using a decant and also a sample sprayer, so it's difficult to expect to much from the atomizer. Also, the official sample is a squirt type atomizer, so that also changes things a bit as well.

There isn't a particular note in this scent that really bothers me.

I think another problem I have with this scent is that it kinda sits in limbo. I think maybe it's too dense for the gym, but a bit too cheap smelling for the office. No feedback from coworkers, but that's typical anyway.

I like it, its nice and fresh ginger for the summer. Longevity can be a bit spotty though, allot of people here claim 8 hours, I usuallyu get around the 4 hour mark.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."