Code of Conduct

Default Does spraying on cloths extend top/middle notes life ?

I usually just spray in the air and walk through it . I have just started doing it with scents that i adore their top/middle notes, hoping to get a longer lifespan of those notes.

I noticed that not only it makes those notes prevail longer, but it stops the transition to the drydown .
    That way, i still get the drydown experience on my skin and the middle notes lingering on my shirt all day.

What do you guys think ?
    Last edited by tdwctdwc; 30th August 2011 at 02:52 PM.
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Default Re: Does spraying on cloths extend top/middle notes life ?

Yes the majority of my perfumes smell diffent on clothes than skin about 3 hours into the perfume. This leads me to believe that the perfume develops faster on my skin.

for swap/sale:

absolutely and depending on the material can last for a VERY long time. I noticed awhile back that my nylon backpack that I carry to work smelled pretty good from the samples that I toss around in there. I spritzed some aventus on it and I kept getting whiffs all week and it made my office smell great. Not sure if it's that specific type of fabric that holds onto the scent so long but it's awesome and I usually spritz a little something on there each week now and it's like having an office air freshener going on.

Usually with my work shirts they are cotton and hold fragrance for maybe 3-4 days depending on the scent but I will usually spray on my arms and then rub them a little on the shirt vs spraying right on it. It definitely keeps the top notes around for a few hours.

I am also a firm believer in the non scented lotion, I use Curel right now and it does great. Hydrate then spray and it keeps the scents going MUCH longer on my arms. I think most of the top middle base are just the rates of Evaporation, so you'll keep them around longer if you delay the evaporation.

I haven't had much luck trying to incorporate scent into my unscented lotion sometimes I will spray some cologne onto the lotion and then kinda mix it up and apply but doesn't last any longer than just spraying over the lotioned skin.
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”

I'm an unashamed t-shirt sprayer. Makes a scent last a LOT longer without question.

Even on clothes, the perfume will eventually go into the drydown, but it may take days rather than hours. As usual, it depends on the temperature. The warmer, the faster the evaporation.

cacio

It does, but I found the better option is to spray on the top of your forearms and on the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by silentrich View Post
    It does, but I found the better option is to spray on the top of your forearms and on the chest.
    Agree.

I only do this with lighter frags. No Musc Ravageur going on my t shirt its helpful for longevity sometimes
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

Definitely. I have dry skin, so I usually spray some on my shirt sleeves each day (especially citrus scents where the topnotes are gone in a few minutes).

But yeah, be careful with some scents. When I spray LeMale on my clothes, I can smell it a week later if it's not washed.

Be careful with white shirts. Sometimes perfumes will interact with laundry detergents and leave orange/brown stains that are impossible to wash out.

There is no dry down as sweet and intoxicating as Lolita Lempika Au Masculin the day after spraying it on your shirt. Nothing.
    Griff

Quote Originally Posted by Griff View Post
    There is no dry down as sweet and intoxicating as Lolita Lempika Au Masculin the day after spraying it on your shirt. Nothing.
    I'll give you the edge on sweet and intoxicating but for me Leonard Pour Homme is even more intriguing on day two.

In my experience, yes, clothes tend to give slower development. In fragrances where I enjoy the headnotes most, I try to get some on my clothes as well.

Well, why don't you test it out? I just wouldn't get too trigger happy with lightly colored clothes.

Great for sillage trails: spray some at the back of your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    Great for sillage trails: spray some at the back of your head.
    lol, i'm pretty sure you mean "neck " , which is actually the area where i sweat the most when i move a lot... that and the area between my chest
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

Quote Originally Posted by tdwctdwc View Post
    lol, i'm pretty sure you mean "neck " , which is actually the area where i sweat the most when i move a lot... that and the area between my chest
    No, I meant on your hair...

Quote Originally Posted by Cylob View Post
    No, I meant on your hair...
    Ah ok, gotcha now, for holding the top notes.