Code of Conduct

Default Balance, Peace of Mind, Tranquility

I'm a newbie learning and discovering lots on this site. I recently fell in love with Calvin Klein's Truth and find it to be a most calming, balancing, and peaceful fragrance. Another in a completely different vein that has a similar effect on me is Amouage's Lyric Woman. I never thought I'd like this one, as I tend to favor lighter, fresher scents, but I absolutely love it. Something about the spices and vanilla in the dry down is most comforting, though perhaps it's not exactly serene in the way Truth is.

What other fragrances do you enjoy that give you a sense of balance, composure, and calm?

Default Re: Balance, Peace of Mind, Tranquility

Annick Goutal's Eau d'Hadrien refreshes yet balances my mood. Something about the mix of lemon and the woodsy base, which smells very natural. I also enjoy a green cedar oil for the same effect.

I've been finding musk fragrances soothing lately, too, especially certain white musk fragrances and even laundry musks. I never cared for those before, but I do enjoy them now. They just put me at peace for some reason.

Neroli & orange blossom induce a sublime serenity. Jasmine, which used to, no longer does. It now makes me feel queasy. Hormones! :-/

By the way - Welcome to Basenotes, Lizardqueen!

It's a totally different fragrance type, but you should really try Iunx Eau Sento. It's available on the wiki from a reliable seller. (I'm not affiliated)

It's a woody, slightly incensey frag. It's sort of similar to some of the cdg frags but so unbelievably smooth. Truly a meditative fragrance.
    ~~Huge fan of Hermes, Jean Claude Ellena and Patricia Nicolai!~~
    http://niche-perfume-reviews.blogspot.com/ - my perfume notes

I love Eau d'Hadrien and have started wearing it to yoga. Great suggestion about Iunx Eau Sento. I'll check it out.

Similar to Eau d'Hadrien but tarter and woodier to my nose is Fresh's Citron de Vigne. This has been been another favorite summer fragrance.

I should also mention that I've recently discovered L'Heure Bleue and have started wearing it to sleep. Another very calming scent.

For me, mostly whatever I want at the moment, not a specific fragrance.

But - the Barbara Bui EDP is the most dreamy and calming fragrance overall in my box, and the one I will pull out more often as a calming fragrance.

Hillaire

Homage Attar!

I also find many Montale scents to feel very 'spiritual', or at least as if their inspiration must have been more esoteric devotional practices.

White Aoud, for example smells of Copal resin and dried roses; it makes me feel deeply serene.

Avignon
    Papyrus De Ciane
    Bois D'Encens

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Miller et Bertaux Sipirtus / Land...very peaceful
    Chanel Cuir de Russie
    Olivier Durbano Rock Crystal

Basenotes Institution

Welcome LizardQueen !

Vol de Nuit for peace and tranqulity.
    No. 5 Eau Premiere as well.
    A bit of good vanilla always does the trick for me too.
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

DeepSilence

Welcome LizardQueen

Yatagan
    Givenchy Insense
    CK One
    Acqua Di Gio

Basenotes Plus

Welcome to Basenotes lizardqueen....nice thread. You post makes me want to dig out my bottle of CK Truth.

Plus 1 on Barbara Bui for the resiny incense note (but it's not "churchy" incense, which does not comfort me)
    I find herbal top notes and ambery base notes very calming but sometimes it could be a scent centers me just because it is so familiar...Fleurs de Corail and Apres L'ondee are two I find that have such a happy yet beautiful auras that I always feel better after spraying them.
    Some scents I like at bedtime to calm down and relax are Cannabis Santal, Ambre114, Acqua Serena, and Eau de Lalique
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

The most calming, centering scents I know are Diptyque Tam Dao (beautiful sandalwood) and DSH Chinoise (a sandalwood heart surrounded by white camphor, cedar and oud).
    Current favorites: Jo Malone Rose Water and Vanilla, L'Artisan Traversee du Bosphore, Hermes Eau Claire des Merveilles, Parfumerie Generale Praline de Santal