Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Divine L'homme Sage fans?

Are there any fans of this awesome scent? After seeing it at Luckyscent.com in the "top picks" section, I decided to order a sample of it a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure what to expect, but man...this stuff is really good! Easily a top 10 fragrance! Thing is, after dropping big $$$ on Reflection a few months ago, I vowed not to buy another bottle of cologne until 2012. But I dunno if I'll be able to hold out that long. This is a must have fragrance for me.

Though it's not listed in the notes, from this I get what smells like a faint leather, surrounded by some sweet creamy notes, perhaps sandalwood, and I think the mandarin is noticable as well, amongst other notes. Funny thing is, I have never liked leather scents, but this one to me smells like it definetely has leather in it. The beauty of it lies in all the supporting notes, satisfyingly soft and sweet, making it a delicious smelling fragrance!

Here are the notes: saffron, mandarin, cardamom, lychee, aromatic woods, immortelle (or everlasting flower), patchouli, oak moss, amber, incense

I find it interesting though, that this one gets virtually no discussion on here. Is there something I'm missing? This smells waaaay better than the Musc Ravageurs, Guerlain L'Instants, and La Nuit de L'hommes of the world. Why is this one getting no hype?

Divine L'homme Sage fans, show yourselves!!!

Default Re: Divine L'homme Sage fans?

I was interested in it for a while but got the impression from some reviews that it was a light, dry incense frag...but I see here you're comparing it to MR, L'Instant, and La Nuit...so I'm thinking maybe there's a gourmand quality to it? I really need to order a sample of this. Good to hear you bring it up.

And did you actually think you were going to make it to 2012? I wish I had that kind of restraint. I'm trying to make it to next week these days.

BTW, one of the frags I'm looking into right now is L'Essence de Declaration...I noticed you have it in your wardrobe. Do you think it's worth it? (I don't any of the Declaration line).

The only part I enjoyed about L'homme Sage is the opening. I got a bottle of it from a trade a couple of months ago. I rarely reach for it. I only wore it once. Weeks ago, I have sold my bottle. =)
    Last edited by volley2; 10th June 2011 at 04:06 AM.

I own it , love it !

They had the right idea, but the ever soaring level of grinding synthetic woods make it a perfect example of how not to use synthetic woods/woody ambers. The saffron also doesn't do a lot to make me like it any better.

Surprising considering L'Homme de Coeur exhibits none of those traits, at least not beyond the usual.

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post
    They had the right idea, but the ever soaring level of grinding synthetic woods make it a perfect example of how not to use synthetic woods/woody ambers. The saffron also doesn't do a lot to make me like it any better.

Surprising considering L'Homme de Coeur exhibits none of those traits, at least not beyond the usual.
    I got a couple 1.5 mL factory samples... I liked it at first, but after a few wears I have noticed this. The synthetic base materials are very strong and last forever, eventually it bothers me.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    I was interested in it for a while but got the impression from some reviews that it was a light, dry incense frag...but I see here you're comparing it to MR, L'Instant, and La Nuit...so I'm thinking maybe there's a gourmand quality to it? I really need to order a sample of this. Good to hear you bring it up.

And did you actually think you were going to make it to 2012? I wish I had that kind of restraint. I'm trying to make it to next week these days.

BTW, one of the frags I'm looking into right now is L'Essence de Declaration...I noticed you have it in your wardrobe. Do you think it's worth it? (I don't any of the Declaration line).
    Buys, amongst the three, it's probably most comparable to MR. Kinda reminds me of YSL L'homme for some reason, moreso than La Nuit. It's better than all of them, however. And yes, it does have a gourmand quality to it. It is a MUST try, and for me, a must buy.
    Declaration L'Essence...see last statement. I wore it today, interestingly enough. It is one of my top two spring/summer fragrances. Do check this one out too. Let me know what you think of both...

Quote Originally Posted by volley2 View Post
    The only part I enjoyed about L'homme Sage is the opening. I got a bottle of it from a trade a couple of months ago. I rarely reach for it. I only wore it once. Weeks ago, I have sold my bottle. =)
    Volley...*sigh*...I have no words.........

^5 Cmax. Looks like some of the others got bored with it. Interesting. I find it to be rather satisfying...

I finished my bottle about a month ago. It's a great scent and although it's not a sillage monster, it's by no means a "soft incense."
    To me it's a very introspective and evocative fragrance. I wouldn't compare it to MR at all. IMO, it's a softer, more wearable version of Tauer's L'Air (at least the same vibe).
    It starts out fruity and the saffron note is bittersweet. There's some smokey/incense aspects in the heart and the patchouli and the amber are noticeable too.
    Since L'Homme de Coeur came up, in my experience that's the one that is very light with no projection and longevity. Just not my thing, I'm not interested in skin scents but high quality for sure.

It`s fabulous, but unfortunately there are some notes in the late stage of the dry-down that doesn`t sit well on my skin..

Quote Originally Posted by pluran View Post

Thanks for putting in words what I couldn't. "They had the right idea". It opens with all the potential in the world for a lovely 'up-standing' scent but then that 'pinched' note comes in I come across in so many overtly 'masculine oriented' fragrances that feels synthetic to me. Close but no cigar for me.

Last edited by Descartes; 5th November 2012 at 08:05 AM.

Thumbs up Re: Divine L'homme Sage fans?

Not only L'HOMME SAGE but also L'ÊTRE AIMÉ HOMME. I Own both and i absolutely love them
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Piver

It's a fantastic fragrance. Five stars all the way for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Descartes View Post
    I am addicted to it is a masterpiece,it doesn't get many no discussions on here because most people here post stupid threats.
    Thank you for your very educated and informative response to the thread.

Power Where You Need It

addicting

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

I find the smell to be quite good, not perfect, but quite good. My problem is that I get poor longevity out of it...

Thumbs up Re: Divine L'homme Sage fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Postumo View Post
    I find the smell to be quite good, not perfect, but quite good. My problem is that I get poor longevity out of it...
    What Postumo ??? The longevity of both are fantastic. They last on me all the day e they have also a fantastic projection
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes
    Currently wearing: Vétiver by Piver

I have a large decant of L'Homme Sage, and that's my experience. Maybe is just an skin issue.
    Don't know, haven't worn it more than 3 times, but my family couldn't smell it after 2-3 hours. Perhaps i need to apply more.

I haven't tried L'homme de couer but plan to do so.

I have this great frag. I wear it at least once a week. Nice

Cheers Rex
    If 2 vegans argue is it still called a beef?
    Currently wearing: Lui by Mazzolari

Keep it coming guys, keep it coming! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Larwiz View Post
    Buys, amongst the three, it's probably most comparable to MR. Kinda reminds me of YSL L'homme for some reason, moreso than La Nuit. It's better than all of them, however. And yes, it does have a gourmand quality to it. It is a MUST try, and for me, a must buy.
    Declaration L'Essence...see last statement. I wore it today, interestingly enough. It is one of my top two spring/summer fragrances. Do check this one out too. Let me know what you think of both...

OK, thanks. I got a bottle of L'Essence on the way!..I dont' doubt that it's a great one. Gonna head over to TPC soon and see if they have some samples of the Divine.

A good scent, but no internal tension, no dissonance. Too polished and smooth to stay interesting over the long haul. I want some edges, something quirky, something that leaves me wondering "what is that?!" in a scent that costs as much as L'Homme Sage. There's no mystery to this sage, he'll tell you all he knows. And sadly, he doesn't know *that* much, and thus runs out of things to say after just a few wearings.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Sur la Plage

I was really looking forward to trying this one. But unfortunately, I was quite disappointed when I did. It just didn't do anything for me.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

I am addicted to it is a masterpiece,it doesn't get many no discussions on here because most people here post stupid threats.
    Weird,in all these years I have never been threatened by anyone on this forum

And,about L´Homme Sage, I like it, it´s one of Yann Vasniers best.

Quote Originally Posted by SculptureOfSoul View Post
    A good scent, but no internal tension, no dissonance. Too polished and smooth to stay interesting over the long haul. I want some edges, something quirky, something that leaves me wondering "what is that?!" in a scent that costs as much as L'Homme Sage. There's no mystery to this sage, he'll tell you all he knows. And sadly, he doesn't know *that* much, and thus runs out of things to say after just a few wearings.
    What's quirky about Reflection? This one has made one of the biggest 1st impressions that I've had amongst all my fragrances. But, you don't have to agree. I like what I like, and this one, I like! :-) This one may give our precious Reflection a run for it's money. Note I said MAY. lol

Stupid Threats?
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

I have a decant of it and like, but not love it. I do compare it to Tauer LDDM. I wear it once a month, but it is not a "go to" scent at all.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by digger51 View Post
    Stupid Threats?
    Lol! I see he won't be let off the hook any time soon for that typo, lol...