Code of Conduct

Default Tom Ford Italian Cypress Or Tobacco Vanille?

Which one is better since these two items " I think" have the highest ratings

Default Re: Tom Ford Italian Cypress Or Tobacco Vanille?

TV.

TV is very distinctive, strong, quasi-gourmand for grownups. It just smells delicious and sexy. Not a lot like it if anything. Maybe Back to Black in same arena.

Italian Cypress is great too. But it smells to me a bit like a cleaned up, better executed Polo green.

TV seems more original.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

Tobacco Vanille is more unique smelling. Lasts longer as well.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Another one for TV.

Although im wearing and enjoying Italian Cypress right now, Tobacco Vanille is my favourite of the Private Blends.

TV, it's great and given the high price, at least it gives you monster sillage and longevity.

Sur la Plage

Tobacco Vanille
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Tobacco Vanille. Honestly, I do not like Italian Cypress.

Tobacco vanille is one of the best scents out there, nuclear sillage and longevity....

Quite a conclusive outcome.

I'm glad I have a sample of TV on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_B View Post
    Quite a conclusive outcome.

I'm glad I have a sample of TV on the way.
    If you like tobacco leaves you will enjoy it. It's very potent but after 30 min the vanilla blends with the tobacco and your left with an extremely sophisticated scent that will get you noticed. It is much better I'n the winter months though and will cut thru the air like a knife. If you wear it I'n the summer you may choke a few people out..

TV, but I love both.

Tobacco Vanille !

Tobacco Vanille.

I guess I'm a minority on this one - Italian Cypress. Not taking anything away from TV.

TOM FORD PRIVATE BLEND

1. ITALIAN CYPRESS
    2. ARABIAN WOOD
    3. NOIR DE NOIR
    4. TUSCAN LEATHER
    5. TOBACCO VANILLE
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Don't care for either but if I had to choose - the former.

Basenotes Plus

I wasn't overly keen on Italian Cypress when I sampled it whereas I was VERY enamoured with Tobacco Vanille and subsequently purchased it. No prizes for guesssing where my vote goes.

It depends on your taste. Both are excellent and at the top of their respective genre. I have tested both and was impressed wilth both. I own niether, but that is a price issue not a scent issue.
    Five that I am enjoying right now

1) Sel de Vetiver by The Different Company
    2) Spiritueuse Double Vanille by Guerlain
    3) Bois des Iles by Chanel
    4) Devin by Aramis
    5) Coromandel by Chanel

Quote Originally Posted by perfaddict View Post
    Tobacco Vanille is more unique smelling. Lasts longer as well.
    Agreed.
    When I sampled Italian Cypress it bore a striking resemblance to Halston Z-14.

TV is my fovorite winter scent, but I remember liking IC lots when I tested it. They had no samples of IC so I just kinda forgot about it.
    I post lots from my I phone so if this looks like a text message that's why ( :

I own Italian Cypress, but I think Tobacco Vanille is better...looking forward to getting a bottle as fall approaches..

Tobacco Vanille. This is the one fragrance out of any that when I smell it ... just sends me out of this world

Its a masterpiece.

I would choose Tobacco Vanille over Italian Cypress. While I like Italian Cypress, I tend to develop fragrance flashbacks of the 80's when smelling it.
    - Expect the unexpected

I purchased Italian Cypress first (purely because I got it at a steal of a price - £42 for 50ml).

I have since bought a 100ml bottle of Tobacco Vanille, and I have yet to reach for the Italian Cypress in favour of Tobacco Vanille, and I can't see that changing for the foreseeable future.

I love them both, but Tobacco Vanille is my unquestionable favourite, not only between the two, but of all time.

Italian Cypress. Tobacco Vanille has too 'vanille' for me.

Tobacco Vanille

TV. Had to buy a bottle earlier this week. Almost pulled the trigger on the 8.4oz behemoth then came to my senses. A little goes a real long way... the economy with size was so tempting.

Quote Originally Posted by DuNezDeBuzier View Post
    TV. Had to buy a bottle earlier this week. Almost pulled the trigger on the 8.4oz behemoth then came to my senses. A little goes a real long way... the economy with size was so tempting.
    Wise move, I have a 50ml bottle that I bought a few years ago. As I only need one spray as it's strong stuff I still have 99% left. And I predict I will have that bottle for several years to come, 8.4 oz though would last in to another lifetime.lol

Count me in with TV!
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by tyler-durden View Post
    I purchased Italian Cypress first (purely because I got it at a steal of a price - £42 for 50ml).

I have since bought a 100ml bottle of Tobacco Vanille, and I have yet to reach for the Italian Cypress in favour of Tobacco Vanille, and I can't see that changing for the foreseeable future.

I love them both, but Tobacco Vanille is my unquestionable favourite, not only between the two, but of all time.
    That is a steal - it'd make me dubious at that price! Where from?
    LOST! in scent and music

Both are great, but IMO Italian Cypress is a bit more classy and gentleman-ish..

IC. I consider TV to be unwearable (for me, at least).

There, I've said it.

Rebel at 51

I consider TV to be unwearable as well. It is mega powerful but gets on my nerves after the first 15 minutes. It is very simple and flat. I can't imagine an occasion when anyone would want to wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by LOST! View Post
    That is a steal - it'd make me dubious at that price! Where from?
    Well it cost £90, but I was given a £50 voucher for Amazon through work.

Italian Cypress and Champaca Absolute were the only Private Blends they had, so having smelled both instore, went for IC.

I have no questions authenticity, but I was as incentivised on the ability to get it at that price is what I meant.

Well it cost £90, but I was given a £50 voucher for Amazon through work
    ah, cool, nice!!

I got TV a few weeks ago (along with Neroli Portofino), and fell in love! I like them both so much, I ordered Italian Cypress and Oud Wood this week. IC has just this minute arrived, and WOW!! So nice. Instantly get the similarity to Polo, only I find it a lot more refined or natural smelling. And I bet (hope) it lasts a lot longer through the day. I can see this becoming a regular work and day time frag. I find TV more of a night time or going out scent. That said, I enjoy wearing it on a Friday at work, as it really puts you in the Friday feeling!!!

Oud Wood should be arriving any minute... just hope it lives up to TV, NP & IC standards!
    LOST! in scent and music

ah, cool, nice!!

I got TV a few weeks ago (along with Neroli Portofino), and fell in love! I like them both so much, I ordered Italian Cypress and Oud Wood this week. IC has just this minute arrived, and WOW!! So nice. Instantly get the similarity to Polo, only I find it a lot more refined or natural smelling. And I bet (hope) it lasts a lot longer through the day. I can see this becoming a regular work and day time frag. I find TV more of a night time or going out scent. That said, I enjoy wearing it on a Friday at work, as it really puts you in the Friday feeling!!!

Oud Wood should be arriving any minute... just hope it lives up to TV, NP & IC standards!
    Where can you order Tom Ford Privat Blend from the net? (europe). Neiman Marcus and Harrods doesn`t ship to Norway..

Where can you order Tom Ford Privat Blend from the net? (europe). Neiman Marcus and Harrods doesn`t ship to Norway..
    Wouldn't know about Norway. Maybe Selfridges or House of Fraser ship to Europe? They both stock Private Blends
    LOST! in scent and music

Italian Cypress by a country mile, Tobacco Vanille made me feel physically ill, a real scrubber of the first order.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Cool Re: Tom Ford Italian Cypress Or Tobacco Vanille?

Italian Cypress is a winner for me. Layering with Tuscan Leather smells incredible.

Wouldn't know about Norway. Maybe Selfridges or House of Fraser ship to Europe? They both stock Private Blends
    Thanks for the info. I have checked them, and they doesn`t ship to my country :-(
    -I think I`ll just have to wait and see if a kind Basenoter has a bottle (T-V, T-L or O-W) for swap! ;-)

Tobacco Vanille. Tried IC, didn't do it for me. Tuscan Leather is another one that transports me out of this world when I put it on.
    Current infatuations:

1. M7
    2. Encre Noire
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. A*Men
    5. Chergui

TV by a mile.

Banned

Both are good frags but I'd take TV over IC any day. I have both and while IC is arguably more complex, TV is the one I find myself reaching for more, especially as the weather starts to cool off

Hello all!

Oslo-Fjord, you can get all from TF Private Blend line from Alla Violetta Boutique, from Napoli in Italy:

http://www.allaviolettaboutique.com/eng/default.aspx

They deliver to Slovenia the next day, and to Norway should take no more then 3...

Cheers!

Tobacco Vanille all day

I have to ask those that use Tobacco Vanille.

I constantly hear people saying that one spray is enough to last all day.

How do you manage this? Maybe it's just me, I work with a 4 spray minimum - two on my chest and one on each wrist.

I love the fragrance, and whilst I wish that the top notes hung around a little longer, the dry down is incredible.

Am i developing olfactory fatigue too early or is there another reason that it seems to fade with anything less than 4 sprays.

Whilst I don't appear to be choking myself and others with this usage, I often wonder whether it projects as I used to believe it did? I get complimented on the fragrance regularly, but this is usually within 2 hours of application.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

^ when wearing short sleeve, usually one or two spritz on each inner elbow and im good to go.