Code of Conduct

Question Kouros vs Joop (Pros & Cons)

Yeah i know its like V8 engines & Kate middleton's hairstyle Just tell me wat u prefer & why..& why not the other

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Kouros vs Joop (Pros & Cons)

Kouros smells good, Joop! Homme does not.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Impossible to compare such very differents things without being more specific.

Kouros - No Cons
    Joop - No Pros

Quote Originally Posted by Partagas View Post
    Impossible to compare such very differents things without being more specific.
    no need to compare... just tell me wat u like & why

You may as well say Apples vs Oranges (pros & cons)

Seriously the two have nothing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    +1

Kouros is manly, powerful, and fearsome in its loudness. It bolsters one of the mightiest and most strangely enjoyable incense themes in the perfume kingdom. It has a cool name. It is cheap and lasts ages. It frightens people under 25.

Joop! is a gourmand explosion, and almost as loud. It lasts for two days on some skin. The cinnamon-vanilla combo is delicious for a few minutes and begins to cloy afterward, and from there doesn't really cease fire. Strictly cool weather. More appealing to youngsters.

Both are most potent, but in the end the most important differences are that Joop! is a straightforward sweet-tooth gourmand, and Kouros is a classic powerhouse masculine with more nuances and charm.
    "Strange things are afoot. I am one of them and I am up to another." -*^-'._.'-^*- - S.B.

First Why are you post Kouros vs Joop and than your telling us no need to compare.

I like Kouros, because it is a real powerhouse fragrance and I think Kouros is King, but I dont like Joop,because it is not true powerhouse fragrance and Joop doesn't have attitude and swagger in it,Joop it's very synthetic, very sweet, very strong,Kouros have all qualities to be powerhouse fragrance,but Joop it is a very sweet.
    I think Kouros is a mysterious fragrance,One of the best perfumes I have ever used, I am full of energy when I wear it.Kouros is strong incensed scent, with monster sillage and incredible longevity.Kouros can last 2 days, if you don't shower.It smells like a urinal cake, but it works.... but something about it is good.If you like Caron Yatagan, then Kouros might provide you with an alternative on the days when you want something a bit sweeter and more animalic.
    If you like Chanel Antaeus, then you might like to try Kouros as an even more sophisticated and masculine fragrance.
    If the star anise and synthetic note in Azzaro pour Homme are beginning to bother you, then Kouros might provide you with an equally masculine alternative.It is very powerful,Kouros is a love it or hate it frag....
    Joop is a Love it or hate it frag,Smells sweet and nice.But to sweety for me, The longetivity and silliage is good,Like a girl of 17 who wore too much blusher to the ball, this is about as subtle as a Spice Girls song: it's a gaudy, sickly sweet, cherry thud. The horribly synthetic notes will make your toes curl, the mellower cinnamon and tomato undertones have announced many a gauche teenager at the disco up and down the land.A high school/ college cologne for me. Reminds me of those times, but wouldn't wear it now.king of the sweet gourmand fragrances.
    Last edited by Hovo; 11th June 2011 at 08:03 AM.

I basically like the way Kouros smells and did so long before I started 'getting into' fragrances. For this reason I try not to intellectualise why. I can say I get none of the foul notes which probably helps, although the current formulation smells 'dirtier' to me than it used to. Mind you that could just be my nose now compared to when I was younger or the memory being different to reality. Regardless I feel it's one of the best.

I probably need to re-test Joop but I basically dislike it's sweetness and cheap synthetic smell. It probably doesn't help that it was worn in excess by many when I was in my teens which was a real put-off.

It's like comparing, shit with Caviar!

JOOP doesn't have true powerhouse quality like Kouros do,JOOP strong and long lasting, but I don't consider it to be a Powerhouse at all. JOOP doesn't have any attitude or swagger that a powerhouse needs, . I find it way too sweet and syrupy to qualify as a powerhouse.I just consider JOOP a really good, unique heavy oriental. I don't think it smells very masculine. It may have the same amount of sillage and weight as something like Fendi Uomo, but it doesn't smell anywhere near as masculine as the Fendi. Again, just my opinion...

Ladies love Joop. Grandpas love kouros

From these two I have to say Joop.....It just smells better!!!
    Gary

Kouros = Macho old school 80's smelling scent, cross between a urinal cake and brut. It will not get you complements, maybe slaps in the face. Outdated and Burns the nostrils. Body Kouros is a better choice.

Joop = Joop is not bad though, a very popular scent in the 90's among teenagers. Creed Original Santal is a better scent for what Joop was going for. You can probably find Joop for like $5 at Walmart.
    Last edited by Dark Caesar; 15th June 2011 at 06:35 PM.

I found no cons and all pros on both

C'mon guys, let's grow up yeah?

Pro- Kouros is excellent and by all means a classic.

Joop!, well, unless you plan on doing some hedonistic 90s style clubbing in 48 hour intervals and annoying everyone around you, then, help yourself......

Where do people come up with this sh*t?

Why don't you go and check out the million other threads about each of them. It's great reading.

Exactly:

V8 engine = Kouros

Kate middleton's hairstyle = Joop

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    What he said.

Both are complex fragrances locked in their own era of men's fragrances.

I haven't smelled Kouros so can't comment but JOOP! Homme, when used correctly and sprayed accordingly, is a beautiful scent.

Unfortunately it does seem to have been ruined by the teenage brigade who spray it like there's no tomorrow. Just one spray on the lower neck and one on the back of a hand and rub into the other hand seems to work for me, I smell it all day. It becomes a light, cherry-like scent, I enjoy it very much.

I can see why it gets it's criticisms but some are a bit harsh, IMO.

I purchased a 125ml bottle with a 200ml Joop! Homme shower gel for 25 pounds (think that's around 40 dollars), can't go wrong.

Pippa = Kouros

Kate = Joop!

You compare the biggest stinker (Kouros) to the best fragrance every produced in history (Joop!)? How dare you!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAndySais View Post
    You compare the biggest stinker (Kouros) to the best fragrance every produced in history (Joop!)? How dare you!
    Let's not get carried away mate.

i cant imagine myslef wearing Kouros...

Joop is more than Ok for me

for me, joop smells like a leather purse that would be pink haha. I didn't like it too much...

For me i prefer kouros, it is far more interesting and complex. There is a slight floral aspect to it that i really quite enjoy, musky floral incense, and then it becomes extremely woody on my skin. Kind of like body odor but like, an earthy incensy woody smell. I actually didn't like it that much... but to my surprize girls and women i know all seem to like it and some even moan to it. I'm currently 18 and see girls ranging from 16-25 and some women who are pretty old haha.