Code of Conduct

Default A Real Newbie Question....How Do You Know You're Getting the Real Deal?

When you're new in all this, how do you know where to purchase fragrances online when you decide to do that? Being completely unversed, how do you know you're getting the real thing and not a knock-off?

Default Re: A Real Newbie Question....How Do You Know You're Getting the Real Deal?

The easiest way is to deal with reputable suppliers. There are many threads here about which are good and which are not. The best bargains can be found on eBay, but so can most of the fakes. Sometimes it is better to pay more just to be sure.

Default Re: A Real Newbie Question....How Do You Know You're Getting the Real Deal?

If you do not so sure, buy first bottle on department store and next bottle on online. You would surely know if the scent is legit when you used 50ml worth of a scent before.

stick to reputable online retailers. you get the lower prices and most of the quality assurance, it's still a risk though.
    NEW SPLITS - By Kilian A Taste of Heaven and Beyond Love (full 50ml bottles). .

Most of the time I am very proud of the Basenotes community. Time after time I have witnessed the thoughtfulness, empathy & genuine friendship that members of this community extend to others - oldtimers & newcomers alike. There are other times, however, when egos get the upper hand and civility goes out the window. My philosophy is that I won't say anything here that I would not say if you were standing in front of me. Welcome to Basenotes, each and every one of us. ~ TwoRoads

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsABeach View Post
    The easiest way is to deal with reputable suppliers.
    Bingo!