Code of Conduct

Default Just got a sample of Aventus and ...

I just got a sample of Aventus and Musc Ravageur from Les Senteurs, shipped overseas to me. Unfortunately the sample of Musc Ravageur broke during transit. Should I inform Les Senteurs of this?

Luckily the sample of Aventus was still intact, so I put it on.
    It has been on for about 30mins, however I find it difficult to smell on myself. It smells extremely weak and close to the skin.

Any people encounter the same problem?

Default Re: Just got a sample of Aventus and ...

LOL

Yes, sorry. I am one of the biggest complainers about how I can't smell it after 45 minutes or so.

It's debatable whether it's an "off" batch or some sort of chemical in the fragrance that some of us are anosmic to.

Blog Entries

Sorry about the MR leak - bummer. You should probably inform them - they really need to know if packing is too light.

Yes - you are likely to lose track of Aventus after a while. Unfortunately, it has a strong olfactory fatigue factor - you can't smell it, but people around you can. I wore Aventus today and got in line at a store while I was a bit hot and humid. I couldn't really smell it, but I could tell that the people around me were smelling it, by them spontaneously turning around and making that "where's the perfume coming from..... YOU?" look.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I wore Aventus today and got in line at a store while I was a bit hot and humid. I couldn't really smell it, but I could tell that the people around me were smelling it, by them spontaneously turning around and making that "where's the perfume coming from..... YOU?" look.
    Welcome to my world Red...everytime I wear in any weather.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    Welcome to my world Red...everytime I wear in any weather.
    I feel like wearing a sign that says "It's called 'Aventus'. You can buy it at Saks. Tell them 'Red' sent you!"

Aventus has been very disappointing for me as well. After about an hour and a half nobody was able to smell it. That is after I had three of my female co- workers lean in and sniff my neck. They all told me I smelled like soap? Soap? I am not willing to spend money on a frag that disappears after an hour. Smells really good though. It is a shame that it doesn't last at least on my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by MJM_77 View Post
    Aventus has been very disappointing for me as well. After about an hour and a half nobody was able to smell it. That is after I had three of my female co- workers lean in and sniff my neck. They all told me I smelled like soap? Soap?
    Yes, soap, but soap made from the collected fat and ashes of royals . . . ( :

If you think more about it, Creed sells its products at a loss.

For me longevity with Aventus is fine.

Longevity is great and I wouldn't want any more projection or sillage.

Quote Originally Posted by StylinLA View Post
    LOL

Yes, sorry. I am one of the biggest complainers about how I can't smell it after 45 minutes or so.

It's debatable whether it's an "off" batch or some sort of chemical in the fragrance that some of us are anosmic to.
    Dude, the next time you're at Bloomingdale's in SM Place try the Aventus from their testers. Potent. Then walk over to Kitson over by Broadway and try their tester. You'll lol.

Quote Originally Posted by adonis View Post
    Dude, the next time you're at Bloomingdale's in SM Place try the Aventus from their testers. Potent. Then walk over to Kitson over by Broadway and try their tester. You'll lol.
    I may do that. But listen, I got my Aventus from the Creed boutique.

Those were the first two samples I ever ordered, also from Les Senteurs. The Aventus I received from them had good longevity and sillage.

I have never had a broken sample from them yet but I am based in the UK. If they use the same packaging to ship overseas I'm surprised you received anything intact TBH as there's not much protection for the vials at all.

Sur la Plage

Hopefully you will get to try Musc Ravaguer - I would call and complain. It is a much better fragrance than Aventus IMO.
    Last edited by petruccijc; 11th June 2011 at 12:02 PM.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

That's interesting because I recently obtained an Aventus sample from Les Senteurs which was also very weak. I do not know if it's because the sample does not have a spray mechanism or because the samples themselves are off/from a weak batch.

However, I subsequently bought a bottle of Aventus from Les Senteurs and I can assure you that it is potent stuff. I use just one spray to the chest for work and it lasts me the whole - in fact, my girlfriend commented that she could still smell it on me this morning!

My bottle is from batch A4210E01.

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloSmintheus View Post
    That's interesting because I recently obtained an Aventus sample from Les Senteurs which was also very weak. I do not know if it's because the sample does not have a spray mechanism or because the samples themselves are off/from a weak batch.

However, I subsequently bought a bottle of Aventus from Les Senteurs and I can assure you that it is potent stuff. I use just one spray to the chest for work and it lasts me the whole - in fact, my girlfriend commented that she could still smell it on me this morning!

My bottle is from batch A4210E01.
    That's good to know, I am about to order a bottle from them.

Thanks

Interesting, I have C4210E01 and it's one of the very first batches. I wonder what the difference to this A4210E01 might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasenmann View Post
    Interesting, I have C4210E01 and it's one of the very first batches. I wonder what the difference to this A4210E01 might be.
    I'm willing to bet the bottle A4210E01 was a 1oz bottle. It is also one of the first batches. C4210E01 is of the 4oz variety.

My C4210E01-bottle is 2.5oz

Thanks for all the replies, guys!
    I informed them via email and they have yet to respond.
    But yes the sample I got smells extremely weak and close to the skin, however the longevity is great - I can still detect it even after showering.
    I'm not sure how well other people smell it though, so I will be testing that soon!

I also just got samples of both. Like Aventus, lasted a long time, projected well. On the flipside, I honestly hate MR with a burning passion.

I've sampled Aventus loads of times in different stores and checked the batch numbers. It's always lasted about 45 minutes to an hour. I don't have these issues with other fragrances.

I find it ridiculous that you can pay £175.00 for a fragrance and then have to fret about whether you happen to have a good or bad batch number. At that price you should have a guarantee of quality and quality control.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

I don't have huge issues with Aventus' longevity, but I do have issues with certain batches having that cigarette, ashy smell to them, while others don't.

Wow.

Firstly, too bad about MR. Maybe they'll send you one out of goodwill.
    Secondly, MR and different than Aventus but MR is much better as a perfume.
    I have Aventus, its ok, gifted to me, wouldn't have bought it. Very light and thats with my usual 8 to 14 sprays.

I imagine you guys who do 3 to 5 smell nothing.
    for swap/sale:

I spray two to the neck and it lasts 10 plus hours. [shrug]

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Wow.

Firstly, too bad about MR. Maybe they'll send you one out of goodwill.
    Secondly, MR and different than Aventus but MR is much better as a perfume.
    I have Aventus, its ok, gifted to me, wouldn't have bought it. Very light and thats with my usual 8 to 14 sprays.

I imagine you guys who do 3 to 5 smell nothing.
    8-14 sprays???? You surely jest? If I sprayed any more than 3 sprays from my bottle of Aventus it would be be truly overwhelming for me and anyone within within the same house as me! If you don't mind my asking - which batch is your bottle from and do you know where it was purchased?
    Last edited by ApolloSmintheus; 12th June 2011 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ApolloSmintheus View Post
    8-14 sprays???? You surely jest? If I sprayed any more than 3 sprays from my bottle of Aventus it would be be truly overwhelming for me and anyone within within the same house as me! If you don't mind my asking - which batch is your bottle from and do you know where it was purchased?
    I jest you not. 8 to 14 is standard for all my perfumes.
    My friend got it from Harrods. How do i check batch #.
    for swap/sale:

i love the aventus samples i've received from les senteurs, but like others have mentioned, it doesn't last very long on my skin either, but then neither does a lot of others. bummer. could it be due to the fact that it's from a vial hence not sprayed on? 30ml for £85 to find out? maybe not. won't mind a decant for bout £50 though lol.

also, give them a call, they don't seem to reply to emails very quickly in my experience.

I just tried this at my local Fenwicks from a tester and I got the strong pineapple blast - followed by a very strange 'dried oregano' like scent. Am I the only one that gets this?

Quote Originally Posted by Livingdead View Post
    30ml for £85 to find out? maybe not. won't mind a decant for bout £50 though lol.
    Kron is selling a decant of 50ml for £65 which seems very reasonable in the sales section

sales section?