Code of Conduct
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default ** NEW** GAULTIER MASCULINE: Kokorico

Due for September 7th release! Jean Paul Gaultier's new masculine Kokorico

Olfactory Family: Woody - Cocoa
    Head notes: fig leaves.
    Notes: Raw Cocoa Bean.
    Background notes: Wood.

With top notes of fig leaves for energy.
    In middle notes, raw beans and bitter cocoa contributing the aphrodisiac.
    In substance, the woods give power and virility.

It sounds/feels a bit like B*Men in its composition, but I guess the proof is in the smelling
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 11th June 2011 at 08:49 AM.

Default Re: ** NEW** GAULTIER MASCULINE: Kokorico

That bottle looks outrageous! Interesting! And the notes look enticing. Thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the info SoS, it will be interesting to try.

Energy, aphrodisiac and virility though? Are horny teenage boys the demographic of choice these day?

Thank you for posting, I wonder which one will be the Eau de toillet? (the skull one or the torso one)

Quote Originally Posted by Bonoanimoes View Post
    Thank you for posting, I wonder which one will be the Eau de toillet? (the skull one or the torso one)
    As far as I know, the EDT is in shiny black, and the aftershave lotion in the matte black 'head' flacon.

I'm pretty certain that the "Le Male" torso flacon is in fact the 'head' flacon seen from the side.
    I give 'em props for creativity!
    Last edited by Sorcery of Scent; 11th June 2011 at 09:51 AM.

We shall see;-)

I wonder if this will make it state side? Terrible never made it to dept store retail here

The name is so ridiculously funny I will definitely try this one.

As a Gaultier Fan im excited, cause i love all fragrances from gaultier.

The Name is, hell, is ridiculous, Cocorico is a name of a childrens TV show here at Brazil, lol.

But the notes sounds nice, i like fig and love chocolate.

Also, i expect the torso as the main EDT bottle, that face is hilariantly ridiculous, lol

Its a Kurkdjian creation???

Blog Entries

Well this has two option...being really unique and interesting, or being a generic woody fail

Blog Entries

Looks like the general popularity of L'Instant Pour Homme EDP was noted by somebody.

Provided that it's not the most offensive of synthetic chocolates, I expect to be loving this one.

And the bottle is totally sharp. Manages to maintain JPG outrageousness without outraging. I dig it.

Blog Entries

Yo no puedo entender francais but here's a french link if anyone wants to nutshell it for people who don't speak french haha? It's pretty funny, I'm something like 85-90% french and can speak 4 words of the language

Amazing, Very excited to check this one out. Even though the only fragrance I like from the house allot is Le Male, everything they produce keeps me interested.
    The hunt for a Signature Fragrance is not an easy one! I see the light at the end of the tunnel!
    Want to buy! "Nothing?!, well that's a first."

Hmm, the chocolate version of Le Male's vanilla maybe? Anyway, I love both fig and cocoa notes, so I'll definitely want to check this one out. I only hope the wood in the base is a subtle and smooth wood and not really strong. I hope the fig and especially the cocoa are the main emphasis.

Also, I love the bottles.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    Hmm, the chocolate version of Le Male's vanilla maybe? Anyway, I love both fig and cocoa notes, so I'll definitely want to check this one out. I only hope the wood in the base is a subtle and smooth wood and not really strong. I hope the fig and especially the cocoa are the main emphasis.

Also, I love the bottles.
    This thing better REEK of cocoa lol

Poor english translation of a French article:

Kokorico perfume - Jean Paul Gaultier:
    A fragrance full of energy, manly and Aphrodisiacal ...

Jean Paul Gaultier - Kokorico - Pub on September 7
    A wooded cocoa, ultra-addictive!

With this new perfume you prove by wearing it you'll be ultra-stylish! This new fragrance is a must have for being at the forefront of originality.

Kokorico
    a name of audacity and humor.

The cry of men uninhibited, assertive and s'afffichent.

A bottle that plays with appearances. The "sham"!
    A theme dear to the enfant terrible of fashion. Mouth face sexy silhouette of a man's body in profile.

Jean Paul Gaultier - Kokorico - The Line.
    The famous box metal box is revisited in the film.
    It is red and fiery. This new fragrance is a value sure to make you attractive and charismatic, you're sure not deceive you. Your friends will love.

Sounds a bit like 'Engrish' in the translation, but I think we get the drift...

Quote Originally Posted by Neurosis
    Well this has two option...being really unique and interesting, or being a generic woody fail
    I predict generic woody fail. The name and bottle are certainly enough to grab attention, though, and that counts for something in today's market. I thought the bottle was ludicrous until I saw the side-view pic, with the shout-out to Le Male's torso. That's very clever.

Count me in as interested. I was recently at an IFF fragrance event and they were pushing chocolate as a top note - they must have released a new aroma chemical.
    Anyways, JPG who originally gave us "body" now gives us "head" - I like this very 80s take on an Art Deco look. Its high concept reminds me a bit of Bertelli’s famous sculpture Continuous Profile, of Mussolini.
    Last edited by Kevin Guyer; 11th June 2011 at 03:41 PM.

What about the bottle, really... Sounds like april fool's out of season!
    À l'air libre les oiseaux ont eux aussi le vertige (camille)

I hope I'm wrong, but this screams Big Pony #2 to me...

Wow. That bottle is very Dali! Blind buy for sure.

Cheesy name! I was actually expecting coconut, and NOT cocoa (since Coco Rico is also the name of an old, still extant "coconut" soda drink.) This looks like my kind of thing, I wonder how the contrast between the fake fig and the cocoa plays out. The marketing is ludicrous (or perhaps, "effective") selling the fragrance as some sort of mating potion.

I have so many cocoa fragrances right now, but I always end up being curious about these, and I do like both Le Male and Fleur du Male. This seems to be so different, though, but I hope that at least the smell is gorgeous, and with at least some substance. Fynnu that Gaultier jumped to the cocoa bandwagon THIS late? Better late than never, one can never have enough chocolate, especially in such low calorie fashion.

This one sounds promising. JPG, for all my mockery of the brand, does well with regards to quality. I'll certainly want to sample this when it comes out.

It will be awesome to read all the guys predicting another "typical" department shop counter fragrance. Considering JPG's track record, why not give it the benefit of the doubt ? Nah, it will be another boring Canali !
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Sounds interesting. Thanks for the post.

From the bottle to the notes, this one makes me think of Comme des Garcons. When i saw the bottle at fragrantica i thought that CDG was launching a new limited bottle edition of their first fragrance, only after that i noticed it was a JPG creation. The notes also makes me think of CDG, but with only three listed is hard to know exactly what it will smell like.
    And today i just reminded that PUIG Group is now the major owner of Jean Paul Gaultier after Hermès sold its stake. And PUIG also owns CDG. Curious to see if this one will really have any CDG influence, and also if this change of senior partner will afect the house`s style...

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    From the bottle to the notes, this one makes me think of Comme des Garcons. When i saw the bottle at fragrantica i thought that CDG was launching a new limited bottle edition of their first fragrance, only after that i noticed it was a JPG creation. The notes also makes me think of CDG, but with only three listed is hard to know exactly what it will smell like.
    And today i just reminded that PUIG Group is now the major owner of Jean Paul Gaultier after Hermès sold its stake. And PUIG also owns CDG. Curious to see if this one will really have any CDG influence, and also if this change of senior partner will afect the house`s style...
    I´m not happy with the fact that PUIG is taking care of the JPG fragrance side of the buisiness in future.
    Puig´s Prada and Carolina Herrera´s are ok, but just that.
    Shiseido/ BPI did a great job in the past for JPG,I mean le Male was a hit, Narciso Rodruguez fragrances both for men or women were great also. And let´s not forget Serge Lutens fragrances. I hope this one is stil made by BPI/Shiseido. I´m afraid Puig is step one to boredom for the JPG line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery of Scent View Post
    As far as I know, the EDT is in shiny black, and the aftershave lotion in the matte black 'head' flacon.

I'm pretty certain that the "Le Male" torso flacon is in fact the 'head' flacon seen from the side.
    I give 'em props for creativity!
    I have the impression that the Le Male torso is another product or bottle, cause the head side view doesn`t match the torso in all the contours...

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    I´m not happy with the fact that PUIG is taking care of the JPG fragrance side of the buisiness in future.
    Puig´s Prada and Carolina Herrera´s are ok, but just that.
    Shiseido/ BPI did a great job in the past for JPG,I mean le Male was a hit, Narciso Rodruguez fragrances both for men or women were great also. And let´s not forget Serge Lutens fragrances. I hope this one is stil made by BPI/Shiseido. I´m afraid Puig is step one to boredom for the JPG line.
    I didn`t knew that shiseido also owned a part of JPG stakes, and that explains a lot about how the line was conducted. Considering how recent it was the announcement that Puig bought the Hermés part, maybe this one didn`t have their influence yet. But, you never know, the transiton may have been only announced now. We'll have to wait until September to see how good is this one

Basenotes Member

I cannot WAIT for this. I wish this were coming next month

woah. Havent been on in a while, and a sign on and see this. I just got a tingly feeling. I'm so excited!!!!! Blind buy FOR SURE

The ad copy is a bit silly, but I will sample this.

Thank you for posting, Sorcery.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Last edited by Descartes; 5th November 2012 at 08:00 AM.

Thanks for posting this.
    I am really looking forward to trying this one.

I just wish they would stop using that ridiculous bottle. Introduce a new bottle already! They obviously have some imagination.

I guess I'm in the minority though.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Despite not liking all - heck, even most - of JPG's male releases, it's hard not to be excited when he does announce something new. He's one of the most daring designers when it comes to scent and Le Male and FdM helped reshape the notions of what a man's fragrance could be.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Quote Originally Posted by rickbr View Post
    I have the impression that the Le Male torso is another product or bottle, cause the head side view doesn`t match the torso in all the contours...
    No, I have it on good authority that the top line of images are: The bottle from the front, the bottle in profile, and the Can it is packaged in.

Will this resemble Amen, a chocolate Le Male, or something different? Who knows.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Thanks for the info nto all.....I'll sample and see what I think as I always do!!!
    Gary

Hmm... sounds interesting. I look forward to trying it!
    “Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.”
    Karl, age 5

Swapping
    Selling
    Seeking

Can't wait to see the actual bottle to see how they do the front and the side. I personally like the bottle to be the black Le Male torso though

It seems that the bottle looks like a head....

Anyone know what the torso bottle is? A smaller 50ml bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmellow View Post
    It seems that the bottle looks like a head....

Anyone know what the torso bottle is? A smaller 50ml bottle?
    See post #35.

Basenotes Institution

Sounds delicious
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

There is just one bottle. It looks like a mans head from the front and a mans torso from the side! If someone has already mentioned this, sorry!

P.S Kokorico is the French for Cock-a-doodle-doo!

I still stand by this on the bottle design, Gaultier is so tacky. But I really want to smell this one. You know it's going to be avant garde and loud, as all Gaultiers are.

Here's the first review of this scent. Sounds interesting!

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...rico_20_1.html

Banned

Can't wait to buy this one!

"I just want to know if it's going to smell like I'm eating a hot fudge sundae with cookie dough ice-cream, while sliding down a caramel Slip 'N Slide in Willy Wonka's back yard, wearing some Fruit Roll Up swim trunks-- so I can be all seductive and sensual and up in people's faces when I go clubbing."--

It really does look like the LOL WUT pear !

Basenotes Institution

All kidding aside, the notes don't make this one sound like it will be that sweet. Reading the review link above it sounds very musk prominent in the top notes. Which honestly does not sound good to me, but nonetheless I look forward to smelling it.

Anyone have any idea when this is actually being released? Everything I read just says 'Fall 2011'.
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Quote Originally Posted by Knappa90 View Post
    Here's the first review of this scent. Sounds interesting!

http://www.mimifroufrou.com/scenteds...rico_20_1.html

I've always loved this site (TSS) but, often the reviews are way over the top to the point of being ridicilous - like this time.

That said, I'm very interested in this specific fragrance : The perfect presentation, and the fact that there's certainly room for a dry and deliciously woody cocoa centered scent made by O.Cresp & Annick Menardo. It intrests me quit a bit, and even without smelling it, I could swear this will be a huge hit. Not probably a new Le Male, but a huge hit and the first post 2010 designer classic.

With the tone of voice from Bob Ross : "There!"
    Last edited by PigeonMurderer; 24th August 2011 at 08:26 PM. Reason: who cares in our world

Did this get pushed back to a later date? The JPG website is now saying that it will be released March 2012.

I have a feeling this will be a new heavy hitter in the gourmand family .

For some reason, i'm already imagining the cocoa in this as a deliciously dominating note, not just a short-lived passing note.

I don't know why, but this one looks legit . It talks the talk (design) and will walk the walk ( scent) .
    Hypocrites will always be a thorn in my back....and my middle finger will always be the best remedy.....

I got my 50ml bottle of E-Bay this week.

What I can tell you is that it´s a typical Menardo,Cresp scent.

It reminded me of a Armani Attitude to bits, which also happens to be a Annick Menardo-Olivier Cresp creation.
    Also the summer Amen release come to mind. If you look in that direction you get a bit of an idea what kind of scent it is.
    It´s a warm but light scent. Not the sweet chocolate bomb I was expecting.
    I don´t really like the opening of the scent, comes of as a bit synthetic, like Amen. You have to wait a bit untill it settles on you skin, than it gets better, a typical Menardo drydown (sweetish,warm) for sure. Also It´s more close to the skin than Le Male. Longevity is good on me.

The bottle feels good in real life. It´s flat and feels like a smooth pebble in your hands.
    I wouldn´t call it a groundbreaking release, but for a designer scent it´s better than average, or even good imo.

cheers,
    Eric

Armani Attitude is not that bad, but is very common. Well, i will buy it, for the gaultier lover that i am, but in not THAT excited more!

Sur la Plage

From cafleurebon.com on September 2, 2011:

Jean Paul Gaultier launched the blockbuster scent Le Male with Francis Kurkdijan sixteen years ago and now,the brand is introducing its next major men’s fragrance, Kokorico, starting this week in France.

“This time I wanted something strong, fresh and masculine,” continued Gaultier. “So I was thinking about something woodier, herbs and plants — that’s why there is fig.”

Other notes alongside fig leaf in Kokorico’s juice in th composition created by Firmenich’s Olivier Cresp and Annick Menardo, are patchouli, cedar, cocoa bean and vetiver.

The new fragrance’s black bottle with red writing takes the form of a profile and comes in the signature Gaultier tin can outer packaging.

BPI will back Kokorico in France with the largest advertising and sales promotion budget it has ever put behind a men’s fragrance in one market. Photographed by Jean-Baptiste Mondino and featuring model Jon Kortajarena performing a dance to the beat of Mirwais, the campaign will primarily be centered on the film. Its 30-, 15- and 10-second versions are destined mainly for TV. The print ad is to appear in single and double pages.

Kokorico was introduced Thursday in France’s domestic and travel-retail markets. Then, most of the other European countries are to get the scent in first-quarter 2012 and the rest of the world (save for China and the U.S. that are slated for 2013) will start selling Kokorico during the first half of 2012.

The product lineup has a 100-ml. eau de toilette spray for 75 euros, or $108.35 at current exchange, and a 50-ml. edt spray for 54 euros, or $78. Prices are for France. Ancillaries are to include an aftershave lotion, an after-shave balm, a deodorant stick and a shower gel.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

very much excited to try this one out once it comes out in canada

That's lousy news... 2013 in the U.S? I had held out hope this would get here in early 2012. Oh well, the money I set aside for this one can be used to buy something else this Fall.

It can be ordered right now from Marionaud in France. My 100ml should be arriving soon.

Nice one hednic, thank you very much! I've ordered! I went for the 50ml!