Code of Conduct

Default Montale Red Vetyver v TDH EDT

This topic has been done before but wanted some fresh opinions and thoughts. I have somewhat concluded that I prefer Montale's version because it seems to remove that bitterness to the orange that I loathe in TDH. Am I correct to make this assumption? Also, MRV seems to have more of an incense accord with the citrus which is smooth and comes across as higher quality than the pepper accord in TDH. Am I late to the party? What are your conclusions on this and which do you prefer?
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

Default Re: Montale Red Vetyver v TDH EDT

Red Vetyver, definitely.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Terre d'Hermes! Red Vet is more opaque and overall less wearable for me, though I do like it.

Terre d'Hermes - Eau de Parfum

Both Great, and like them equally.

I am torn here as I keep going back a forth. The instance I give the edge to one, I sway towards the other lol. At least TDH has ancillary products I suppose but I'm still on the fence. Thanks for the input and keep them coming!

It seems TDH might have the edge on longevity and sillage but, not quite sure. Both have a stunning dry down.

I have them both.
    I prefer TdH over RV.

for swap/sale:

I've worn both side-by-side. About 30 min in, the tonka (or something sweet and slightly nutty) in Red Vetyver asserts itself for a little while, then settles back down. Besides that little bump, they're virtually identical. Personally, I prefer TdH.

Montale Red Vetyver for me. Though the openings of two are quite similar to each other, I find the drydown of Red Vetyver is so much better. It smells pure, natural, less acid, and hi-quality. I'm so scared of TdH. I can smell it everywhere. TdH gets too popular.

Quote Originally Posted by chocolateguy View Post
    Montale Red Vetyver for me. Though the openings of two are quite similar to each other, I find the drydown of Red Vetyver is so much better. It smells pure, natural, less acid, and hi-quality. I'm so scared of TdH. I can smell it everywhere. TdH gets too popular.
    I would personally go for TdH, but I can see where the above might be the deciding factor. I hate it when people smell like me, especially my signature scent!!

If TdH is too strong (as others have suggested), try spraying behind the knees and on the chest under clothing rather than on neck or under ears and restrict to 2 squirts max. Otherwise it can be quite over powering. I'm only now seeing this as well...

I owned both,i sold RV and kept TDH.

Cmax...

Very great comments everyone! It looks like TDH has the edge so far!

What the heck is vetYver anyway...