Code of Conduct

Default Does Dior Cologne Royale = Cologne Blanche?

Just wondering if anyone out there has owned/sampled both and if so, are they very much alike? I used to own Cologne Blanche but it kinda reminded me of Helmut Lang edp and I had that already so I don't think I would like CR if it's similar to CB.

Default Re: Does Dior Cologne Royale = Cologne Blanche?

Have both and they're both different.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Have both and they're both different.
    Do you have a preference hednic? I remember Cologne Blanche being a bit powdery. How would you describe Cologne Royale?

Cologne Blanche is a powdery iris scent while Cologne Royal smells like a traditional eau de cologne with a lovely smooth mint top. It is fantastic in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Cologne Blanche is a powdery iris scent while Cologne Royal smells like a traditional eau de cologne with a lovely smooth mint top. It is fantastic in my opinion.
    Sounds like something I'll like. I'm headed to Vegas for a week this Saturday so I'll have to check it out at the Dior boutique.

Basenotes Institution

Cologne Royale is not powdery at all. Very typical citrus based, hesperedic and fresh eaux cologne. Very short longevity but very 'real' smelling and not synthetic.

I always thought of Cologne Blanche as the sister to L' Eau d'Hiver by Frederic Malle (which is, itself, an homage to Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain - no?)
    "One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

Be sure to visit the Palazzo Dior Boutique, it is the only one that carries it.

no, unfortunately. I was very sad to learn that CB has been discontinued. The Dior expert introduced me to CR as a replacement, but it's a rather generic citrus cologne. Nothing to write home about and certainly not as unique as CB. I hope it gets re-introduced some day. I now need to find a replacement - will look into the Malle cologne suggested above (thanks!)

Went to the Dior boutique at South Coast Plaza this evening to try Cologne Royale. The listed notes bergamot, lemon, mint, etc., sounded very inviting. I applied 4 good sprays on my the back of my forearm. Insipid. Weak. It was barely noticeable within 5 minutes. Very disappointing. Similar results with the La Collection Privee Vetiver. Pass.

Martin

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    I always thought of Cologne Blanche as the sister to L' Eau d'Hiver by Frederic Malle (which is, itself, an homage to Apres L'Ondee by Guerlain - no?)
    Absolutely agree.

I own L'Eau d'Hiver and just never got around to buying Cologne Blanche . . . shame if it has gone altogether - it had it's own quiet identity - it was actually my favourite of the original three in the line.

Just got myself one of this and i am liking it very much. Since i guess it was composed by Francis Kurkdjian, Cologne Blanche shares a very similar citrusy/powderiness that also found in Absolue pour Le Matin. Very comforting and cuddling fragrance and not as almondy water as i thought it would be.