Code of Conduct
    Sur la Plage

Default New Fragrance: Trish McEvoy - Black Rose Oud

From nstperfume.com:

Trish McEvoy has launched Black Rose Oud, a new fragrance for women:

Inspired by a mood of pure glamour, experience the newest addition of Trish McEvoy’s Fragrance Wardrobe. A heart of prized Black Baccara Rose and precious Oud oils surrounded by vibrant florals, exotic spices and sensual woods—Trish’s captivating marriage of the raw with the cultivated, the familiar and the far away creates a provocative feeling of déja vu…

Trish McEvoy Black Rose Oud is available in 50 ml Eau de Parfum, $185.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Default Re: New Fragrance: Trish McEvoy - Black Rose Oud

You wanna bet it'll sell out in five minutes when the flock of Arabs hit Selfridges in July

I would not bet against it that's for sure!!! The Oud train rolls on!!!
    Gary

Gawd, but Trish was awfully late buying a ticket for that train!

Actually, Trish issued an Oud perfume a couple of years ago, called Precious Oud. It is very light on the oud, if any, but it is a nice incense fragrance. It was very pricey. I think I paid $100 for 15ml and it only came in a roll on.
    Evenstar

Basenotes Institution

I became interested in the black baccara rose note in this and did a bit of googling on the baccara rose. So far the sites I visited said that the black baccara rose doesn't really have much of a fragrance - so I do wonder how 'rosey' this scent will be or if it is augmented by other rose notes ( most likely ) .
    If anyone has a sniff of this- it will be interesting to learn how the rose note does in this fragrance.

The black baccara rose really sounds good - but I wonder ........
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

If someone didn't already have a thread about this one, I was going to post one tonight.

I am currently wearing this and scored a sample today. Here is my take:

I must have this!!

This is truly a dark rose, in my opinion. Anyone who is under the impression that Voleur de Roses or Check & Speake's Dark Rose, Montale's Black Oud or even Stella is dark- you have not met Black Rose Oud.

It is an interesting combination. Its smoky, sensual, a very well done rose incense. There is also a sweet note that I can't identify that makes this fragrance very Victorian smelling to me. While Montale comes off as a synthetic blast of rose, this seems softer genuine to me. It is vampiric and tasty. Sweet and soft, a subtle powdery note, yet dark and dirty. I cannot stop sniffing my wrists; it is utterly addictive.

I didn't want to like this one due to the $185 price tag, but I am afraid I have no choice. I also love the black and gold bottle. If you can find this I suggest sampling it. They have it on presale at the Nordstrom's near me, that is how I got my sample.

Mimi, I find the rose to be very prominent, but dark and soft in this fragrance. I can't say this enough- to me, it is done just right.

I will be anxious to hear what other's say once they try it! I am loving it so far! : )
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe

Basenotes Institution

Paper Moon - thanks, girl!
    Oh this is sounding gorgeous!!
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

I think I may have jumped the gun on this one. When I woke up this morning it had turned into something sweet and modern I REALLY don 't like. I couldn't wait to shower it off.
    "I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it."
    — Marilyn Monroe

I sniffed this yesterday, and I was surprised by how much I liked it. It strongly reminded me of By Kilian Rose Oud, especially in the beginning. BK Rose Oud seems somehow fruitier, jammier, if this makes sense, and more viscous. The dry-down is actually very nice, soft, woody, with just a hint of something powdery. This is what I wish Bond New York Oud had been, but something in it irritated me. I only sprayed it on my arm, no samples

This definately opens up like By Kilian's Rose Oud, however as it wears it developes a little "skank" which gives it a little masculine edge. Still, not as masculine or exotic as Black Aoud or New York Oud - IMHO...
    LOOKING FOR DECANTS OF ANY O. Durbano, ANY Hilde Soliana, BOISE VANILLE, COLOGNE POUR LE SOIR, MUSC RAVEGEUR, AND ROSE 31 TO SWAP:.:wink

Bringing back an older thread to ask if anyone else has sampled black rose oud? I have samples of midnight oud by JHAG and Kilian's Rose Oud and I liked but didn't love them. I sprayed some black rose oud on a card and to me it was similar to Kilian's Rose Oud, but better! Not sure exactly why I preferred it. Now I want to get a sample and see how it wears on skin.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your review Galway. I wonder if this is too unisex? Any masculinity in this baby?

And..........sorry, gotta ask, who is your avatar?
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Blog Entries

.......forgot to add, Papermoon, I like your input, the "on second thought" post is funny. Have you thought of adding your thoughts to this scents review page?

Thanks
    sent via commodore 64

*explore your world on a bicycle*

Quote Originally Posted by odioustoilet View Post
    Thanks for your review Galway. I wonder if this is too unisex? Any masculinity in this baby?

And..........sorry, gotta ask, who is your avatar?
    I think every fragrance is unisex!

I think you are asking about my old avatar that basenotes seemed to revert back to after recent downtime. I have re-updated it again now. The old one was one I came accross on another fragrance website - it was an computer animation still, not a real person, sorry to disappoint ;-)

is there no lemon perfume?