Code of Conduct

Default SotD Thursday, 30 June 2011

Good morning all,

Back from my business trip, which was a nightmare... I actually hit the bye-byes at 2 am. after a shower. Short story: Plane delayed... embarking... 1.5 hours' wait in the plane - aircondition broke... sticky and hot.... disembarking... flight cancelled... re-booking.... plane delayed.... embarking... another one hour wait, because no time slot.... hot and sticky again...all in all 6 hours... no food provided and you had to ask for something to drink. I'm going to whisper sweetest words to Austrian Airlines today. Now, after a bowl of freshly picked raspberries, my fave fruit, and my SotD En Avion the worls looks much brighter and my headache is now only a minor one (also after 4 ! espresso), but it felt like trucks driving over me this morning.
    Gandhajala, Nice to think of me when you hear of Vol de Nuit. I dearly love this...sniff, I want to see that TV program as well... I'm in the finest company here and I know my BN friends Dimi and Mims love this at least as dearly as I do.
    Twolf, Thanks for asking! I checked with my 'lovel pals' from the baggie boutique and my guess is they haven't ordered it yet and it is supposed to be here end of next week. I will only be able to pick it up last week of July though.... Gimme that online shopping opportunity! NOW! I'm fed up with them in person.
    Have a nice day all!

Default Re: SotD Thursday, 30 June 2011

PG Felanilla.

Hello all. Wearing my new L'Occitane Notre Flora Iris edp.
    DONNA

Looks like it's going to be a scorcher here in London. I'm wearing L'Occitane Honey and Lemon again.

Larimar - your trip sounds like the ultimate headache. Hope you can take it a little bit easy today. If you have time, maybe you can try using that 'expat shield' piece of software to watch the BBC perfume documentary. It seems to have worked for many people here.

Sotd: Serge Lutens: Sarrasins.

Sur la Plage

Good morning! My SOTD is Czech & Speake No 88.

Notes include bergamot, geranium, vetiver, sandalwood, rose otto and frangipani.

Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

A sample of Keiko Mecheri's Mogador. Bliss!

Basenotes Plus

Larimar, sounds like you had a hell of a day - hope today is a BIG improvement.

SotD is Dolce and Gabbana By Man.

Thumbs up Re: SotD Thursday, 30 June 2011

POUR UN HOMME

by

Monsieur Ernest Daltroff

C A R O N
    PARIS
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Wow, Larimar, that does sound like a bad time. Yikes!

Neil Morris' Prowl this morning. A little grape koolaid over a dark floral over a very patchouli-muskishness. This is a grownup lady fragrance for sure. It's a good smell.

Larimar - a nightmare indeed! I for one prefer travelling by boat and train - pity it takes days rather than hours to get anywhere by those methods!

Wearing one of my favourites today, Bulgari Black.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

GIT today
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Basenotes Plus

Larimar, egads, what an ordeal! Hope today goes better for you.

Joining Gandhajala in Serge Lutens, Chergui for me. It's been a while since I've worn any frags of this house and I feel a Lutens jag coming on.

Take care, all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Dior Eau Sauvage

Oy, Larimar, sounds like Austrian Airlines needs to give you a free vacation to make up for the business trip fiasco! Though personally I wouldn't blame you if you were a wee bit hesitant to get on another of their flights... Who knows when you'd get to the vacation destination?

Robin-in-FL I *adore* Neil Morris in person, his fragrances in general, and Prowl in particular! Excellent choice!

It's actually supposed to be sunny and dry in Boston today, and I decided to go with Parfumerie Generale Querelle. It's crisp, woody and very, very dry - I think it would be wonderful in humid weather, and to my nose it trends traditionally "masculine" so gentlemen, don't be shy about trying this one. I'm hoping my skin's tendency to pull any sweet notes out of a frag will do so here as it dries down, but I'm enjoying it "as is," too. Thrilling Thursday to all!

Querelle Notes: Citrus, Iranian black caraway, myrrh, cinnamon, Haitian vetiver, incense, oakmoss, ambergris.
    It’s thought that people who hope too much will just waste their life away and never get down to doing any real work. They’re confusing Hope with Wish, its lazy cousin... When Wish whispers, “Something is just around the corner,” what comes or not is never what was wished for. When Hope whispers “Something is just around the corner,” something always is. -- Charlie Elberson

My sale thread has some of my underappreciated fragrances looking for a good, new home...

Larimar, glad you’re back home and beginning to feel human again. Traveling can be such an ordeal.

Everyone is smelling wonderful, as usual.

A very kind Basenoter sent me a sample of this a while back, and I loved it so much, and even my husband gave me a compliment (rarely happens) so I ordered a 50 ml bottle, which arrived yesterday (woo hoo!).

vanilla, tuberose, hyacinth, jasmine, heliotrope, gardenia, aldehyde

Hello everyone!

I'm in Caron's Pour Une Femme this morning. Y'all have a great day!

redrose - I went through a decant of Mogador in no time and I've been pondering a full bottle ever since. You smell heavenly!

Larimar - Ugh, I can relate, and all too often! Glad that torment's behind you now.

ComDiva - I love your new avatar! Is that a vintage travel poster?
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

SOTD is Songes, a gift from Jellyfish from the "Free to a Good Home" thread. I have a sample vial which is basically empty. This is one I didn't like the first time I tried it but on the 2nd and 3rd wearing, really liked. I'm thankful to Jellyfish for her kindness in gifting this to me. It is going to be another scortcher here today. Ahhh... summer in the south.

Larimar- what a nightmare. Sounds like flying is getting worse and worse all the time.

Musc Ravageur. I fell in love with this on a hot and humid day just like today... light application!
    Thank you all for your words! I'm feeling much better today. I have never experienced something like this in my eleven years of biz travels to Frankfurt. Official complaint and claim is sent to Customer Relations of Austrian Airlines. I know I won't be the only one.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by devilcat View Post
    Larimar - a nightmare indeed! I for one prefer travelling by boat and train - pity it takes days rather than hours to get anywhere by those methods!
    Amen to that, sister! But a few extra hours luxuriating on a train is seldom regrettable, and one has the option to shape those hours to be like either a monastic retreat or a social outing, all while ever-changing scenery goes by. Poor Larimar, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesee
    My friends are hosting one of their quickly-becoming-famous make-your-own-pizza parties. They have this great, outdoor wood-fired pizza oven, and the variety of toppings that invariably show up thanks to all of the guests, well, let's just say it is all too easy to get carried away and eat one's weight in pizza goodness.
    Oh-oh, I think I'm starting to "lemming" a yard accessory. Our daughter makes a pizza topped with chicken, barbeque sauce, red onions and cheese, of course, the very memory of which causes my mouth to water.

L'Heure Bleue, why did it take me years to love you?
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning! My SotD is Bobbi Brown Beach. With notes of sand jasmine,
    sea spray and mandarin, according to the Bobbi Brown website.

It's suppose to hit 91 this afternoon, so this is where I wish I could be, at the beach.
    Have a good day!

Larimar, rest up and recover well from your ordeal!
    Eau de Lalique for me today as I head into a long weekend. Last day of work today - yeah!!!

Good morning everyone Larimar, hope your day only gets better! Horrible "service"! Today I'm enjoying Narciso Rodriguez FH. It's been a while since we last "met". Have a great day everyone!

Scent twins today with iechris in Songes!

Gandhajala and tdem, you both smell fabulous.

Lilybelle, I just ordered a 50ml bottle of the Vanille Givree des Antilles. I like the whole set of LMdlV's vanillas, but I especially like yours and the one I ordered. I still have samples of the others if you'd like to try them. PM me and let me know.

Larimar, isn't that funny? I fell for Musc Ravageur in the heat of summer as well!

Cheers, everyone! Today is my Friday -- off work tomorrow as my sis is getting married on Saturday. Have a super weekend as I likely won't get to post until Sunday or Monday!

Basenotes Institution

Larimar sweetheart- what a trip ! I'm glad you're home now.

As you can see I have turned into a bird. My avatar - this is my gorgeous little wild/tame bird Piggy who is a bluejay but aspires to be much more than that.

Scent of the morning is Chanel No. 22 .
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/370...o-Profumo-Onda
    For sale. Carnal Flower and Vero Profumo Onda.

Basenotes Plus

SotE - Tom Ford Extreme.

It has been CRAZY busy in June. I think this was the 3rd highest number of 100+ days on record, and the most since the early 50's, several years before I was born.
    SOTM: Oliver Durbano Pink Quartz. Bedtime last night: Coco Mademoiselle, which I haven't worn for about a year. Hope to catch up with everyone tomorrow, when I'm away from work.
    Hearts starve as well as bodies; give us bread, but give us roses.
    ~~James Oppenheimer~~

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKF View Post
    Lilybelle, I just ordered a 50ml bottle of the Vanille Givree des Antilles. I like the whole set of LMdlV's vanillas, but I especially like yours and the one I ordered. I still have samples of the others if you'd like to try them. PM me and let me know.
    How kind, thank you!

Wearing Yves Rocher Ode a la vie today.

Fahrenheit After Shave Vintage

I applyed After Shave as a cologne, so it has a great smell in EDC concentration

Blog Entries

Good morning/evening/afternoon>>>I'm sitting in my freezing air conditioned office wearing Estee Lauder Pleasures.

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Larimar, raspberries are my #2, after apricots. Sorry to hear about your mis-adventures both at the unconditioned airport and with the boutique.

ExtremeKF, some big orientals sing in the summer heat. I have never warmed up (hahaha) to Musk Ravageur, but started appreciating Serge Lutens opulentals (have I just said that?) during the dry summer heat of Texas. Also love them vanillas from La Maison de la Vanille, had four of them, they are all great for different moods.

Have you noticed the shorter days, guys? They are.

We are at 100F, with high humidity it registers even higher. In Hermes Sur la Nil today.

{{Lilybelle}}, so glad you and DH love 'Vanille de Tropiques' one of my favorites! Its great for layering when you want to ump the vanilla note. SOTD is 'Lolita' Stay cool everyone!

Maison Francis Kurkdjian APOM pour femme today.

Dennard, clever boy, I see by your avatar you've changed your look a bit.

House-mate with ComDiva tonight: PG Cadjmere.

Had a minor decanting 'fail' this evening. The silver-lining however, is that my desk now smells FAB!

Stay well, everyone.

Acqua di Gio PH

Quote Originally Posted by Quarry View Post
    Our daughter makes a pizza topped with chicken, barbeque sauce, red onions and cheese, of course, the very memory of which causes my mouth to water.
    Quarry, that sounds like one yummy pizza!

I'm wearing Le Temps d'une Fete today. I love this one but I seem to forget it exists sometimes, why I do not know. Larimar, sorry to hear about your hellish air trip -- you poor thing! Take care, all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    Have you noticed the shorter days, guys? They are.
    I have not noticed that they are shorter, but I've noticed the change of the sun's position in the sky. It sets more toward the north now, and the evening setting sun lights up a completely different area of the house than it does in the winter.

Lol, "opulentals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Klaire View Post
    {{Lilybelle}}, so glad you and DH love 'Vanille de Tropiques' one of my favorites! Its great for layering when you want to ump the vanilla note. SOTD is 'Lolita' Stay cool everyone!
    I look forward to the layering.

BN better than ever
    Blog Entries

Opulentals. That's our WordWolf (if WordBird doesn't post, she doesn't get to keep the moniker).

Second Guerlain of the day: With Love.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Basenotes Institution

Calamus (Series 1: Leaves) by Comme des Garcons

"One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple"

-- Jack Kerouac

I'm back in more Caron roses, this time the extraordinarily rich, opulent and velvety roses of Or et Noir.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Aqua Fahrenheit (Dior) - From a tester

Banned

Kouros

Basenotes Plus

We had our 1st Dangerous Heat Index warning today and have storms rolling in for tonight and tomorrow.

Wearing Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile for the evening. Have a good night everyone!

Aroma M Geisha Blue (Bleu?)

Back from a lovely dinner at my bestfriend's place SotE is Chergui.

Q, the word comes from Annette Neuffer in Germany, I believe -- you must remember her fragrances including Avicenna and Narcissus Poeticus, from a few years ago.

K., send some of your storms to us, please? We hit 101 with 94% humidity -- blahh!

Caron Narcisse Noir -- modern EdT -- from a nice new(er) Basenoter -- actually a honeyed non-fruity jasmine scent for the evening.

Darn, Wolfie, here in New Mexico, we only hit 95, with probably 40% humidity
    Tonight, something sweet. YR Rose Absolute. Spicy, cinnamon rose.

summer means fireflys

I'm wearing LB Musk today. Love everything about it, including the cobalt blue bottle!

We had 100+ temperatures today ... I just don't do heat so well.

Brooklyn by Bond No.9
    Gary

I test drove Eau Premiere again today. I think I've decided to buy a 40mL bottle. Just have to make sure it passes the S.O. test.

Weekend!